Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park

Franklin, Kentucky

2889 Scottsville Rd
Franklin, Kentucky 42134

Ask fellow campers about "Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $19.00

.Great place for overnite, park staff very helpful. My site was not level. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

As others have mentioned, a decent enough spot for a quick overnight stay, but that's all. Convenient to the highway and a fuel stop. It looked like most of the spots were filled with long term residents. Roads and sites were gravel and sites were extremely close together. One of our slides overhung the neighbor's picnic table. Neighbor found a large spike in his spot. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $33.00

Easy on and off of I-65. Located behind a Pilot. Very convenient for one night. There is some road noise but not bad. This is an old KOA so the lots are very close to each other. We had a long pull thru and did not need to unhook. Good utilties but use a regulator on water as pressure is very high. Would stay again if passing through. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Lot 11

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $35.00

This campground is close to I-65 but the road noise isn't really noticeable. The sites at first look a bit rustic and very uneven but once we were in our site I found it easier to level than I expected. The hook-ups were where they belong and easily connected. The people staffing the office were helpful, friendly, and reasonably professional. One man guided us to our site and helped me get properly aligned to the hook-ups. They seem to understand RVers and discussed sites that might be best for both us and for my daughter's family who would soon arrive in a 40 foot long 5th wheel. We never left our RVs during the brief stay (poor April weather as it snowed overnight) so we didn't use any of the facilities. The interior roads were a bit rough and tilted requiring care while driving on them. There were some long term sites that had lots of less than attractive "stuff" scattered around but overall this was a suitable, friendly stopover and we'd do it again if in the area. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $33.00

Very good campground. It's been under new ownership since May 2016 (I'm told this formerly was a KOA). The owner and an assistant were incredibly friendly and showed us the way to our site. All sites are pull-through and FHU, and almost all sites have new picnic tables. The showers, while small, are new and clean. Each one has a chair hanging on the inside door so it doesn't take up room until you need it. (I wish they would have grab bars for us old guys.) Bathroom (separate from the several showers) appears remodeled. The office has been recently built or remodeled. It appears new gravel has been poured along some roads and sites. There is a basketball court, playground and horse shoes pit. There is a "camper kitchen" where campers can cook and serve a group in a gazebo. There appears to be a section of permanent or long-term residents. Those rigs all look fine except one or two. There is some highway noise. There are some trees but definitely no privacy. No wifi. Finding the place should be easier. If you are southbound on I-65 and exit at #6, turn right at the end of the exit ramp. There's a Pilot gas station on the left. Watch for a white, camp ground sign with a banjo on it. Turn left onto the road immediately behind the sign. The camp ground advertises bluegrass music "regularly" at a 2,500-person pavilion on the grounds. I suppose the people who stay at this park are the kind who don't mind parking their trailer maybe 30 feet from the stage. I was there on a Saturday night in March and thank heavens there was no show then. I definitely like the park and the operator, so I'd return. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $20.00

Roads into and inside the park are easy to navigate. Check in was fast and friendly, the camp hosts are from our home town of Asheville, NC and we had a great time reminiscing with them. Due to a flat tire on our way here, we were late in arriving and they were very gracious about it.

There are 78 sites, most pull through, along with a tent area and cabins. We were in Site 4, a gravel pull through with full hook-ups, no issues, and 50 amp electric. Sites are narrow, but long enough for our 37-foot Class A, tow-dolly and parking the car.

There is a large 2,500 seat music pavilion, a lake, and playground. The park is quiet. There is WiFi but you have to sign up for it on line and we were here for just one night so we didn't do that. We stayed December 4, 2017 and paid $19.50 with our Passport America discount. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Motorhome.

site 4

Like the name suggests they host Bluegrass music concerts here.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $20.00

Ok for an overnight stop. I called and made reservation, seemed to be a little confusion on arrival, left hand didn't talk to the right. But owners were very friendly. Spaces are tighter than what we like, fairly level sloped forward some. Very tight turn to exit from my site row, but I think I could have gone to next road and been better. Did hear a dog bark for hours late in the evening at one of the seasonal/permanent sites. Fairly clean campground, didn't use the restrooms. Probably wouldn't stop here again. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Motorhome.

29 I think

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $37.00

Restroom/shower rooms were immaculate with chairs. Very clean. Staff was friendly. No wifi or cable and internet has a fee. Spacious pull thru sites. They do music on Saturday night. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $18.00

Great convenient location relatively close to Mammoth Caves with outstanding and very friendly and service oriented owners. Would strongly recommend this RV park that offers a family like atmosphere. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Nice pool in the summer and small fish fishing pond.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $20.00

We have stayed here numeeous times and always like it. The owners are people just like you and I and make you feel welcome. Very satisfied with this campground. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

This campgroumd is right offnthe interstate. And several fuel stations and tire centers within walking distance.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $20.00

Golf cart parking, friendly staff. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

We stayed there 1 night. The lot was easy to get to they escorted us to the site. They were playing blue grass music that night. It didn't bother us. We would stay there again. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $32.00

Planned on staying 4 nights...Stayed for 14! New owners are working hard to upgrade this park to a first-class RV campground. Needed work on our truck and owners offered assistance in getting groceries and mail if needed! Pool, individual bathrooms and pavilion were sparkling clean. Laundry equipment is on order for fall as it in need of updating. Full hookup sites are more than ample in length, level and excellent water and electric. Owners have minor issues to update but are aware and whittling down the list. Easy on/off and very quiet in spite of being close to two truck stops (no trains!) We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Truck stops both had food, Walmart is 2 1/2 miles away, Franklin and Bowling Green easy to reach via I-65 and 31W. Bluegrass and Honky-tonk music were most enjoyable!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $36.00

Very friendly staff meet me outside with an umbrella to registrar. Escorted us to level site with full hookups. Wish we stayed on Friday to enjoy the bluegrass. After thunderstorm and lots of rain, walked dogs and was pleased with water drainage to pond. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

This place is near the Mammoth Caves and courthouse were Johnny Cash and June Carter were married. Not to far from Nashville.

Wal-Mart 2 1/2 miles if you need to stockup

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

The park is being upgraded by new owners since our last stop a few years back. Interior roads were level as was our campsite. Hookups were easily accessible. It appears there are many seasonal campers/workers staying here now. Most Rv's are well kept but several needed to be removed due to trashy sites. We camped at Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park in a Motorhome.

We visited a plantation home named Octagonal Hall, which is about 8 miles North of Franklin on US231, very interesting civil war era home.

Featured Campgrounds Near Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park

Are you affiliated with Dad's Bluegrass Music RV Park ?