LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground

Phone: (270) 924-2000

Recent Rate: $22 6/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

Bama Bill

We spent four nights on a very nice paved site with a nice view of the woods. The campground was not crowded at all, while other area campgrounds were jammed packed. I can only figure that Energy Lake Campground is much less utilized because it is a much smaller campground that is located way off the beaten path, there is no campground store, there are only electric sites, and there is no dump station at the campground. The dump stations are located at (or near) the park visitor centers that are 10 to 15 miles away. Energy Lake Campground is very scenic and quiet. It is three or four miles from the Nature Center, which my kids enjoyed very much. The only negative that I have is that the lake swimming area is in need of maintenance. It looked dirty, the beach needs sand on it, and there was trash floating in the water and around the water line. I would not let my kids swim there. If I find myself in the area, I would stay there again because I believe that it is the best of the choices. We camped at LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

User2989

Really a great campground. All gravel on the site. A bit of trash around. Hosts were wonderful and very helpful. Unless you fish, boat or hunt there isn't a lot to do. But the beach at the camp was very nice. And we went to the bison/elk prairie and the old time dam, Homestead. Those were great. Signage is very bad, so watch your GPS or map. Mosquitoes, etc. were bad, but they've had a lot of rain, so it was expected. We would come back. We camped at LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

BigPa

Beautiful area. Challenging to get to our site in a 36' motor home but worth the effort. It's a 15 minute drive to the dump station. Most sites have gorgeous lake views. Helpful staff told us their favorite fishing spots. A memorable experience; can' wait to return! We camped at LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

bilklb

I loved this place. I gave it an 8 only because it does not have sewer or water at your site. There is a central location with water to fill your tanks (and showers), but I did not want the weight since I would be back on the highway the next day, so I just filled a few gallon jugs. I also heard there was a pump-out station, but I did not see it. I have a pass that gets me in to National parks for free, and it gives me 1/2 price camping, so I guess the normal rate is $24 per night. The staff was extremely friendly and checked on me to make sure I had gotten to my spot OK and that the electric was working. We spent a while chatting, and he was a really nice guy who loved to fish, and talk about fishing. The sites are in the middle of a forest, on a lake that is in the middle of nowhere, and it is pitch black at night. It is beautiful, rustic, and relaxing. I look forward to stopping again, this time with reservations, so I can stay longer. Bring a fishing pole and a camera. I got a photo of a beautiful deer and some shots of the area, but missed a photo of a huge diamond back rattle snake that had been hit by a car. I wish I had gotten the photo, but there was not an easy place to turn around. This park is way off the beaten path, but worth the effort to visit. We camped at LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

On the Road again 11

Very nice well maintained campground. Clean family style restrooms/shower units. Many lakefront shady sites - most level with gravel pads & tables. Quiet during the week. Campground hosts very friendly & helpful. We camped at LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

meanderingman

Energy Lake Forest Service Park located at 100 Van Morgan Drive, Golden Pond, KY 42211 in the Land Between the Lakes region. [270] 924-2270 Reservable and non-reservable sites, all have 50 amp power but no other hookups. Four loops. Great showers, clean rest rooms. Small to medium size sites, mostly level, probably not suited for big rigs. Mostly families and fishermen. Lots of tents and tent trailers. Table and fire ring at each site. Very nice campground, but some planner decided it should have city type street lights. There are dump stations at the North and at the South Land Between the Lakes visitor centers; the one to the North scores an F - it is on a hillside. We camped at LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with LBL National Recreation Area / Energy Lake Campground?