Duck Creek RV Park

Paducah, Kentucky

2540 John L Puryear Dr
Paducah, Kentucky 42003

• Phone Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Duck Creek RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

Staff was nice. This did not make up for the roads inside park that have tight turns with sites being very close together. Our site was in 4 inches of water and located within 50 ft of a very busy noisy four lane road. Will not stay here again. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Site 8 Front loop

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $35.00

We called from the road - it was already dark out and raining. They had a site, number 5 available and would leave us late check in instructions. We arrived just after 10 pm, found the instructions as they said, we parked, and stepped out to find that the whole site was standing water on the whole right side - more than the length of our 31' motorhome. Before we knew the conditions, the dog was drenched and covered in mud. The road noise was impossibly loud. We could almost touch the RV to the right of us. We have never left a place before, but as soon as we hoisted the dog in thru the driver's door, we left. Never ever stopping here. Not worth it. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Go to Victory RV Park. It's worth the few extra miles.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $34.00

I am a recent retiree and decided to travel this great country. I am new to RVing and RV parks so this is my first post. We have a Good Sam membership and the book showed high marks for this Paducah park. As we entered several potholes shook our Class C and the nightmare started. The park is near a highway and trucks and sirens went by all night long. We entered office to be greeted by a senior gal and a young woman with a dog. I have allergies and did not appreciate being jumped on by this persons animal and to make matters worse the young lady did nothing about just laughed it off. I was given a site up front with full hook ups. The laundry had cobwebs on ceiling and fixtures and a good dusting is urgently needed. I did get a plastic duck at check out but I will investigate other parks in the area on my return trip. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Quilt museum was okay.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $1.00

I have been a Good Sam member for 15 years so the high number in the book brought me here. I will contact Good Sam to see how they could give this place so high marks. The park is close to highway right near a car auction which is not the problem. I arrived to be greeted by 3 employees I think laughing and carrying on not professional in my opinion. I didn't stay long after I seen too many problems such as garbage piled up and a lot of junk out in the back. I did find a park in town that suited me better. The park could be good with a little attention. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand, Grass
Other
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Featured Campgrounds Near Duck Creek RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $34.00

I travel for work so I have stayed in 100s of parks in 12 years. I worked for the local hospital and this one had monthly rates that was the draw for me. The problem started when I checked in the senior lady was too busy talking to another male employee so I stood for 15 minutes to be greeted with a nasty attitude. I requested a site close to office and was put back in the far end next to trailers with card board in windows and junk everywhere. The eyesore next door is a auto salvage with wrecked rigs. The price is cheap so you get what you pay for. I left and went to another park that was clean and safer. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Sand
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $34.00

We were recommended this park by a quilter friend of mine. I am really disturbed with her idea of a great park. We entered the park on a Friday during the auto auction next door and a car hauler almost rear ended us. We were met with pot holes and mud. The maintenance man was on a tractor trying to move gravel around but there was no gravel to spread. The office girl never moved from her chair and when we asked for a site up front we were given a back site that overlooked the a junk yard with old cars and a fire engine to look at. We wanted a refund and was told no. We decided to try it out and went to look it over. The laundry room was a mess. The park is filled with long term old rigs and in my opinion a rather scary crowd. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

The quilt museum was nice

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $34.00

Great for an overnight stop. Longer than that....Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Nice folks. Camp was Easy to get in and out. This is mostly a long term or seasonal Campground. Lots of full time long term set ups at the back and sides. People were friendly enough. You are camped next to an insurance auto auction. One thing we found was that their rules were rather unique. We suggest you read and heed them. You just never know. Ex: If Lady Luck frowns on you and you end up incarcerated, you will already know that your visit at The Duck is terminated. Tips for a peaceful stay: Keep that shirt on and quit honking your horn. Leave the critters in the pond alone. Muskrats (are not the lovers the Captain & Tanille sang off) they will bite We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $34.00

We have stayed here in the past and this will be my last. The senior Lady who checked me in put me in a site to short so I had to go back to office to be reassigned a new site. I had to wait 15 minutes while she called for help. The laundry room was disgusting with dead bugs on window sills and overflowing garbage. The site was muddy and dog poo was all over thanks to the shepherd next to me. I mentioned it to a employee who commented dogs will be dogs. The park has new owners the last few years and it shows. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Beware of heavy truck traffic and Fridays the business next door holds a car auction with lots of noise and traffic. Don't park in the back lots of old rigs and sheds they rent out.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $34.00

The park sits along side a very busy 4 lane road with big trucks going all day and night. The park shares a road with a auto salvage business. The park is mostly long term with sites for over night people. The biggest complaint I had was unruly children running all over. I watched 3 small girls playing around rigs after dark and no parents in sight. I tried using the restrooms but they were dirty. I left and went to another park in town and was satisfied that I left. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Nearby, Very Close
Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Be careful entering and exiting lots of trucks who won't slow down.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $34.00

We've stayed there on a couple of occasions. Very convenient to Paducah and the freeway. Staff was very nice and everything worked well (cable, wifi, etc). Downsides were as noted by other reviewers, some dust and road noise, but we didn't find it to be a huge problem. Good place to camp for a night or two. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Paducah has done a great job in revitalizing the downtown area, with great restaurants and parking. Many events thru the summer. We haven't been but everyone talks about the quilt museum.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

How this park rates high with Good Sam is beyond me. The road noise is horrible with sirens and big trucks day and night. The dust is the worst I have ever seen. There is a car auction next door and mostly permanents in the back with old trailers and junk all over. There is no owners or workampers at night so you are on your own if a problem arises. The staff was okay with a older office gal that is really hard to deal with. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $36.00

This place is a dusty, dirty ghetto. I am currently overlooking a "junk yard" - junk cars, a fire engine and RVs. I cannot believe this place has a GS rating of 9!!! Junked up full time resident trailers everywhere. If your RV is clean, DON'T stop here, it will need washing again. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

Have stayed here before passing through town. Park has been under new ownership for 4 years, new owners have kept it about the same. Clean place to stay, with good access to the old waterfront district. Staff are friendly, there is some highway noise if that's a problem for you. All services work good. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

We have stayed here before & will stay here again. We like Paducah (used to stay at the Holiday Inn before we got our RV). It is a convenient stopping point between the Chicago area & Nashville. The owners & staff are friendly & helpful. This time we stayed just before the solar eclipse & they were packed. Because we have stayed before we were given an overflow space by the barn. It actually was kind of nice. We still had full hook up including cable, only thing we were missing was grass by our site for the dogs. Fortunately they have a beautiful dog park. It is large with plush grass, a gazebo & a park bench under a nice shade tree. It is by far the nicest dog park I have ever encountered. They also have a very nice pool. Each site gets its own garbage can. They have a laundry, too. Satellite was easy to pick up. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

overflow by barn

Back Yard Burger is a must for us. Lots of chain restaurants available also.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

Many open spaces here but they put us in the front row for a 4 day stay. Front row is 60 feet from a busy highway. Park is dusty at times, and lots of seasonal or permanent residents here. No noise from them, just the cars/trucks on the road. We camped at Duck Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Site 3

A bit of a drive to Land Between the Lakes but we needed to be a bigger city so it worked for us. Weather was good while here but the ground was dry so they've been due for some rain.

Featured Campgrounds Near Duck Creek RV Park

Are you affiliated with Duck Creek RV Park ?