Homestead/Yarwood MHP

Radcliff, Kentucky

Sites: approx 12
Recent Rate: $13 9/2011

jw117

After reading the reviews for this park, I decided to update it. I have been at this park for a bit over two months. When I pulled in, I was a bit worried about it. It is a spot in a trailer park set aside for RVs. There were 4 other campers in the area when I pulled in. It is obvious that most of the people in the campground are there for what I call long term (over 2 months). After talking to the staff, all of my worries went away. They are very helpful and courteous. I have not experienced a problem in the electric, water or sewer. There was an evening that I came back and there was a crew working on the water pipes, I asked how long it would take, and they told me that they should be done in an hour or so. (Half an hour later I had water). There is no propane service on the campground: less than two miles north on US 31W there is a propane filling station. There is a grocery store within walking distance (less than half a mile), though I would recommend on driving to it, since it is a highway. There are probably nicer-looking RV Parks within an hour that offer more services/amenities, but there are none that are closer to historic FT Knox than this one. This one is also right off of US 31W, which makes it easy access to fellow travelers, and to folks working in the area for a short amount of time. I am leaving the area in a couple of weeks and look forward to returning to this campground when I come back. We camped at Homestead/Yarwood MHP in a Travel Trailer.

2Bucks

This park has "slum" written all over it. There were numerous trailer homes parked in the RV area - including some that were rusting pretty bad. We washed a load of clothes in our rig and the sewer backed up. We camped at Homestead/Yarwood MHP in a Motorhome.

Montana RVer

This is a older Mobile Home park with about 6 full hookup sites. There are a few more sites but they don't have hookups. The RV section is separate from the mobile homes. Sites are not numbered and it was hard to find the water and electric hookups. Some sites need an extension for the electric cord. There are no restrooms/showers. There is a laundry that is very inexpensive. Grass hadn't been mowed for some time. Manager advised that they were going to fix up the RV section. It's very obvious that this is not really an RV Park! They offer $15 a night to Passport and Escapee members. All others are charged $30. I would never consider paying $30 for this park. $15 was actually too much for this one. We camped at Homestead/Yarwood MHP in a Motorhome.

2btrvln

If we could we would rate this park a minus 10. A dump with broken concrete pads, very little water pressure and it is not an RV park. It is a run down single wide mobile home park in extreme need of repair. We spent one night and left. We would never stay at this park again. We camped at Homestead/Yarwood MHP in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Homestead/Yarwood MHP?