Renfro Valley KOA

Renfro Valley, Kentucky

User422

One hot and humid afternoon the camper next to us burned trash in the fire pit on his site. It is literally 8 feet from the side of our coach. The smoke was dense and the smell nauseating so we had to close all our windows. When confronted and asked to put it out he could only apologize. The park owner came over and told him the same thing a few minutes later. But get this; this camper works for the park and it’s his second year doing so. And he is the park owner’s brother to boot. The WiFi is poor at best and very unreliable even on days when there are only a dozen or fewer campers in the park. If, like us, you need to be able to regularly use the internet you should bring your own service. The place is good during the week but fills up on weekends with loads of noisy kids and traffic on the campground roads. So the noise increases beyond that which usually accompanies all the employees driving around in golf carts. None of them walk anywhere and our neighbor was accustomed to commuting to and from his trailer in either a gas engine powered golf cart or sometimes a tractor. Very unprofessional and insensitive to the quiet enjoyment of paying customers. The environment is wonderfully green with plenty of woods to walk in. This is a typical KOA complete with rental cabins which also tend to fill up on weekends. When we arrived we told them we would stay a month. According to management available spaces were limited. They said they had so many reservations there were only one or two spots for a month long stay. Because the first site was impossible to level our coach in we were given one next to an employee who made a lot of noise when talking with his father or grand kids. In the weeks we stayed we saw many days where only 5 or 6 of the total number of sites were occupied and so concluded we were relegated to where we were because we got the monthly rate and the management could rent the better ones out for the full rate. If we were not here solely for medical reasons we would have left after the first week. The exit driveway connection with the adjoining highway is very steep and is marked with deep gouges made by tow bars. We could not avoid adding ours regards of the angle of approach. We stopped across the street and discovered a part of our tow hitch was torn off. Possibly this can be avoided by removing the hitch entirely and driving the toad out separately. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

User577

Escorted to site, great customer service and friendly staff - willing to answer any questions. They even went overboard by assisting a large family on wagon ride even though all equipment was put away. The children loved the ride. Placement of utilities was good. Our site was level however you can tell others definitely were not even with blacktop. The wifi was so so - always had poor connectivity per computer - slow to not working a lot of the time. The store was very reasonably priced and carried necessary items. Had good pancake/egg breakfast on Saturday morning for a cost. The pool was very clean. NOTE: Entry and exit from the campground involves steep hills. If back in the area, will visit again. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Rambling All Around

It's between a 6 and a 7 rating. We hit this one on the way down and I forgot about it, otherwise we wouldn't have hit it on the way back. People are nice, Wi-Fi works fine, cable is great, no problems with electricity or water. The sites leave a little to be desired. Ours was not exactly level and really not the greatest shape. Roads can be a little tight for the big rigs like ours. Doable but you really have to be careful. If we were to come this way again we would look for another campground. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Snooker2

This was a disappointment. Check in was pleasant. Asked about WiFi and they said it is very sporadic and doesn't work well. It never worked. Site was a pull through but a little short. Pleasant campground otherwise. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

joez

This is one of the good KOAs. Check in was efficient. Site was spacious: asphalt pull through and long enough we did not have to unhook our towd for the one night stay (site 16). No satellite (too many trees) but good cable selection. Sprint reception excellent. Road in is as described: one way narrow and steep. Exit is two way and steep. We would stay again. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Jackson W

We paid $37 with the KOA Value Card and were assigned site 35. Site had asphalt with was nearly level: we had to do a little adjusting. A lot of pull-through sites which is nice. Wi-Fi and cable TV worked well. We didn't venture out and stayed only one night so can't comment on all of the amenities. Ladies in office were nice and friendly. Road into campground is steep and narrow: one way in and one way out. We would stay here again if visiting the area. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

Traveler04

Very nice Park in a beautiful area. Easy access to interstate but no road noise. Friendly staff. Modern and clean restrooms and showers. Free WiFi and cable TV. Pet and Kid friendly. We were here the second time now and will definitely come back. Only con is that there is no blacktop or gravels in front of the sites in the sitting area. After a rain it can get a little bit muddy. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Moerose

It's a KOA. It's like eating at McDonalds--you know what you're going to get. I wanted a place where I could count on having what I needed and not have to second guess the reviews of other campers for other campgrounds in the area. This place is great. Pool, shuffleboard, game room, mini golf, shady sites, and most importantly, it's very quiet here. We did our laundry and the owner told us which dryer ran longer and hotter. I would stay here again without a doubt. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

User577

Overall a very nice campground. The office staff is outstanding - will do anything to assist you to have a good time. They had many activities for adults and children throughout the weekend. Entrance is a very steep hill and exit on other side of campground is just as bad. The one big negative is most of the sites are not level. Many of the sites have blacktop surface however not level - we had over 3" levelers on one side and still not level but did not have enough wood etc to raise more. This was evident throughout the park. Realize park is older but they need to repair the sites one at a time to bring the facility up to date as it will not be cheap to do the work but in time all would be good. If in the area again, we would stay. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Travel Trailer.

David and Debbie

Nice, quiet campground. Big rig but tight for our 45 ft Motorhome. Could not get completely level. Hope to stay more than one night next time so we can take in some of the area attractions. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Motorhome.

johnandwendee

This park was great! The registration folks were very efficient. The sites were large and clean. The Wi-Fi was excellent. The downside is that there is not a lot to do in the area. Berea seemed good but 2-3 hours in the craft stores is plenty. The Renfro Valley Music shows would be great I'm sure but check ahead to make sure they are on. If you get here out of season, there aren't many shows. There is a terrific pioneer village near the music hall. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Chris562

The entrance to the campground was up a steep one way hill. The trees were well trimmed and did not hit my camper. We stayed on a pull thru full hookup site, #81. Our site was literally on the side of a hill. I noticed that all the sites in the 80's and 90's are on the side of the hill. I looked at the other slots and spoke to some of my neighbors that had the same problem as I did, that was the sewer hookup was above the camper. The sewer would not drain properly. The guy next to me could not put his awning out because of trees too close to him. On my lot, if you wanted to sit outside, it was at the ends of my camper because of the steep grade out of my door. The water pressure according to my Watts T56G was 22PSI. My neighbors also complained of the low water pressure. Due to the holiday weekend, the park was packed. The brand new transformer the CG installed did not hold up to the load and blew causing us to be without power for about 6 hours. I did not use the facilities but my kids tried to use the pool but it was too over crowded. The staff was generally friendly. Wi-Fi was very spotty and at times would not work at all. We used iPhones and a laptop to access it. The cable TV was excellent and you received a great number of stations. I will say the amenities that I did see, looked well taken care of and the grass was cut and trimmed appropriately. If I go back to Renfro Valley, I will stay at the another park in the area over the KOA. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Duanesz

Nice Campground. Steep Hill on entrance. Nice playground for kids, pool, Bounce pillow. Right off I-75 but you can hardly hear the traffic. We stayed one night on the way though Kentucky. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Travel Trailer.

leciel19

Very easy access from I-75-were only here one nite but there's things to do, antiquing, Hall of Fame, water sports close by and the park has a pool and other activities for kids; there's mini golf and shuffleboard. Sites are easy to get into and shady. There's an enclosed area for the pets and even a field close by where pets can be walked. A nice park, nice staff. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

ncc1701e

I only rated this park as an "8" which might seem low but I will explain my concerns. Overall, would I stay here again if in this area? "Yes." The park staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Our first assigned site simply would not work with our trailer. The staff member who lead us to our spot went back to the office and got another site for us. We were lead to the new site and the staff helped me position the trailer watching for trees. The park is very clean, restrooms/showers were spotless, the camp store is very nice. While we had no children traveling with us, I could see several nice activities available and all were very well maintained. Concerns: Several of the sites are fairly tight with trees. This is good and bad. Lots of shade, but difficult positioning because of limbs. Some of the sites are very close and if the park is full there would be issues. I noticed some sites that would be a really wild to get level on I think. Our site was not that bad. About half of the sites are paved with grass and the rest are gravel with grass surrounding. Entry/exit to the park will make you pause. The level indicator on my truck recorded an "8" degree incline for the entry and it is narrow. This may not sound like much of an incline, however it is significant. As I stated earlier, we would stay here again. The park is strong enough to out weigh the other concerns. The rate I showed was with a KOA discount. We stayed here three nights. We camped at Renfro Valley KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Renfro Valley KOA?