Grandma's RV Camping

159 Dawson Dr
Shepherdsville, Kentucky 40165

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot no

Ask fellow campers about "Grandma's RV Camping" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $28.00

This park offers the basics for sites and services at a very reasonable price. The roads in the park are paved and the sites are gravel. The sites are a mix of back in and pull through and all are very close together. The park has a decent bathroom, shower and laundry area with a working wifi. The range of the wifi may not reach to all sites, but you can get on the wifi if you are close to either the office or the bathroom/shower building. The park is just off I-65 making it a convenient base to explore the Louisville area. The weekly rate for us made the average nightly rate less than $30 including taxes. Given the price and working wifi, we would have no problem staying here again. See our full updates, reviews and pictures at our blog at thegilliamsisland. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $32.00

Good place for a couple of days, easy excess to I65. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $37.00

We only stayed overnight so didn't see much of this relatively small campground. Location is very convenient, right off the interstate. There isn't a check-in parking area, but when we pulled up with our big motorhome, someone came out of the office and told us which site to go to, and we went and paid her after getting set up. Our gravel pull-through was easy to get into and very level, and utilities worked well. AT&T and Verizon both worked well. We knew going in that the park is not dog friendly, and the many warning signs about immediate eviction without refund for any infraction (e.g. dogs can't pee on any plants, shrubs, etc.) reinforced the fact. We found a few local neighborhood streets to walk our dog on, which was fine for an overnight stay. Despite the dog situation, we'd stay here again overnight if the location is convenient, but wouldn't stay more than one night. For those without a dog, the park might be a little better. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Was greeted by old man asking "what do you want?". Replied I called and made reservation and his reply "well, did you get one?". Then told to go pick out site and come back in 1 1/2 hours to register. Signs said no refunds and you will be required to leave park if pet rules not followed. 100 % gravel RV park, no grass except outside park along the road. Water connection is about 18" below ground making a back bending experience to connect. Water connection is next to sewer so it would be very easy to spill sewage in water connection hole and no good way to be cleaned. I sprayed bleach on connection prior to hookup. Electricity voltage very good. Lady who registered me was very friendly. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Site 1

Jim Beam distillery has good tour with samples.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grandma's RV Camping

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

Nothing fancy here. Gravel lot with spaces and close to the freeway. it was still freezing at night then and had to disconnect the water lines each night and stow the hose. It was easy enough to maneuver my 40 foot 5th wheel in the park. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

Get your propane at the Love's across the Hwy. Much cheaper than other places. Went to Churchill Down Horse race track where the Kentucky Derby is held. Good tour. Glad I went. Shopping close by

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $32.00

Signs leading to the campground could be a lot better. We kinda stumbled on the place and thats a bit unnerving going down a narrow road and not sure if the campground is there. Once on site, access is fairly easy and straght forward. Sites are level and certainly not spacious but OK for an over nighter. Utilities are good but placed too far to the rear for a large motorhome towing to hook up sewer without dropping the toad. They have wifi but we never could find it on our iPads so we used our Verizon. Sites are open so satellite was easy. It is clear they allow, but really don't want, dogs in the park. An entire page of pet rules, numerous signs threatening expulsion and a dog walk in a grassy area beside a paved road conveys the message pretty clearly. I've certainly paid more and stayed in worse. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $32.00

Neat clean park. Easy off and on to interstate. Have stayed there many times when traveling through. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $32.00

The sites are paved and level but very close together. The fact that it was a pull-through made it much easier to access. The interior roads are also paved. The only negative is the interstate is close and noisy. This is a great overnight stop. The manager was extremely nice. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $27.00

Price very reasonable and park is clean. Not a pet friendly environment. It was stressed to us no pens or fences for your dogs outside, we usually have a little fenced area we use when we are with them outside , that is a no no. They are not allowed to go to bathroom except in one small designated area, barbed wire fencing, it is a strip of grass along a roadway which had areas of broken glass, lots of cigarette butts, nasty, no trash barrels, no lighting and the roadway is next to a weekend flea market, so lots of traffic on weekends to make your dog wait even longer to go to the bathroom in the proper area. There are signs everywhere about pets not here, no pets there and threats of instant eviction for any wrong doing with no refunds. Spaces very narrow , NO picnic tables and not allowed to put up a pop up tent to help shade you from sun. Not many trees. Our second night there we cooked outside and attempted to eat out on small tray tables, the owner comes along with a blower machine and goes up and down roadway plowing dirt and small pebbles at us while eating. Not very nice. Several campers there warned us of the behaviors and lack of tolerance of pets and apparently there are a few snitches that tattle. OK place for an overnight stop but I would prefer a Walmart parking lot to this behavior . We attempted to stay a week but shortened it. The dogs were so tense especially in the designated area. Will not be back. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $32.00

Clean. Nice roads. Friendly. Large dog walk near front, many folks didn't use. So I understand why owner has rules. He doesn't wish landscape destroyed. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Large flea market and river rafting beside. Plus a small grocery by road at entrance.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $32.00

This is an overnight stop only even though there are several full timers. It's close to the highway and easy to get into and out of. I will stay here every time I come through. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

Terrible! "Grandma's implies friendliness" - these people were anything but-I can't recommend this to anyone with pets or kids. The owners are hostile towards pet owners and seem to dislike anyone with children. I was advised numerous times over the phone that my daughter could not ride her bike in the park. I was told sternly when we checked in to "keep an eye on her" concerned, I asked for clarification- is it not a safe area?, should I be concerned?, etc. He went on to explain that she can't ride her bike in the park or on the road and seemed irritated that I (politely) asked for more info on the matter. Also as the owner of two very small very quiet dogs we were warned severely and several times verbally there was no dog run. The dog area where you are allowed to take your pets is about 4-5 ft wide next to a road that is mostly empty except for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday when a flea market is going on and traffic is constant. It was dangerous and if the grass is wet (it slopes away from the road) it can be slippery. We NEVER let our dogs do their business and leave it.We are full-timers and stay at least a month in every location. The owner actually stopped their car and watched to make sure we picked up after them before continuing on their business. There were sooooo many signs up about pets. From one location looking towards the road you can see 9 signs warning you not to let your dogs in the shrubbery and advising you of the consequences. The interaction between us and the owners was minimal throughout the time we stayed, the only person that seemed to actually be happy was a younger woman who was in the office one time when I went to see if we had received any mail. Everyone else was simply unpleasant-maybe burnt out. They have every right to run their park as they see fit, but deciding to be in a place for a month at a time we prefer to deal with happier management. We left a week early. The lots are gravel and flat but VERY tight spaces. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Over night stays seem fine. KY is a beautiful state and the towns surrounding Shepherdsville seem populated with very happy cordial people. If you are going to stay for a while I would recommend trying out a different campground.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $32.00

Park is very close to the freeway and easy to find but be careful as signs can be misleading. Traffic noise is not too great year always there. We arrived in the rain, was greeted by attendant and treated well. Park is clean and has rules to keep it that way. Site was fairly level. Is a good park for an overnight. We would stop again if passing through. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $28.00

We stayed here for husbands work, 3 week. Our stay was very nice. Better than I expected. Reading the reviews, I thought this is not going to be good, but I had no trouble. I have 3 dogs and as long as you pick up after them no problem. Spaces are tight , but really not bad . The only downside is walking dogs on the street. But we would stay here again. Quiet , no riffraff !! We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

Walmart and shopping centers are just an exit away. Fri.Sat. and Sunday , the Flea Market is open , and all though they have speed bumps, it doesn't slow them down, 2 ran the stop sign, like it wasn't there !

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $32.00

Very clean, easy access to I65. Good for stopping overnight. Sites are long but tight. We camped at Grandma's RV Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

We stayed here 1 night to tour the Jim Beam Distillery.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grandma's RV Camping

Are you affiliated with Grandma's RV Camping ?