Poverty Point Reservoir State Park

• Lake Lake yes
  • Creek Creek yes
  • Water Park Water Park yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $28.00

I think this is the best state park that I have stayed in. Everything was in good shape and working order. It was clean and well maintained WiFi was 1-3 Mbps and that is with only a few campers in the park. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Travel Trailer.

There is a public golf coarse called Black Bear Golf Club, best looking public coarse I have seen. There is a Mexican restaurant down 80 to the left that was very good.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $32.00

The park is a great little gem tucked away in Delhi, LA. Not much around, but the campground is very nice. Stayed in a pull thru and since kids are back in school it was really quiet and peaceful. Will stay again. Easy on and off interstate, even though you drive through the town. Thought the price was a little high for a state park with no cable service. Inside the park I missed the campground sign and one of the host happened to see me go by and flagged me down, got me turned around and took me to my sight. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

DHK

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $30.00

We found Poverty Point easily about 7 miles off our route. The entire park was amazing for the cleanliness and upkeep. The operators obviously take great pride in the CG. There is a boat ramp, fishing pier and visitor center. On the far side of the lake, there are cabins for rent. If you like to hike, there are plenty of places to explore. Stay alert for bears as the posted signs warn. We would definitely stay here again and explore the area without the rain. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

There are 54 campsites and one shower/bath house that would accommodate 2 persons of each gender. Either we didn't see other facilities or you should be up to the challenge to wait! Request sites 38, 39 or 40 if you like privacy and need over 100 feet for your equipment!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $38.00

We spent two nights at Poverty Point while traveling west. The grounds are in great shape and very well maintained. Paved roads and big rig friendly. The restrooms were newer and extremely clean. The park is family friendly with plenty to keep the kids busy including a small water park! The hiking trails were in kinda rough shape, but perhaps it was because of all the rain they had been having. Bring a boat, there is a great marina and boat ramps. Pet friendly. We would definitely return. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Consider using the camping area without sewers. Its cheaper and the spacing between RVs is greater. You can dump on the way out.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $35.00

Stayed here 2 nights. Thursday night was $30 for pull through with electric and water. Friday night was $35. All asphalt roads and sites. Nicely mowed. Laundry on site, but didn't use. Good wifi and antenna reception. Also gated at night and access codes for campers to get in. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Go to Vicksburg to the Vicksburg National Military Park. Very nice!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $33.00

A terrific RV Park with full hookups, and long, paved base that is more than adequate for our 40-RV. We came in at about 5:oo pm on a weekday and got the last site with full service, so be advised that phoning for reservation would be a good idea. This park is about 4 miles from the interstate, in the country so is quiet and no lights at night. Most sites are back-in. Price includes a "transaction fee ($6.00) and taxes ($2.25). Would come back here again. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $28.00

What a fantastic hidden gem. Location is in Rural Louisiana, but this park is very nice and well kept. State Park has full hook ups! Sites are very spacious, the drives are a good 60' apart with lots of lush grass and small trees. Satellite can be had from 3/4 of the sites, but there is a forested area with sites also for those inclined to choose a shaded spot. Verizon service good voice and data. Great place to stay for a week or two. Nice 18 hole golf course is part of the state park, and the clubhouse had a nice restaurant and bar. This has got to be the best place to stay between Vicksburg, MS and Monroe, LA. No complaints. Would have given a 10 if waterfront sites were available, so they get a 9 from me. This is a sure winner here. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Lunch or Dinner at Champion's Bistro at Black Bear Golf Course (part of the State Park facilities, but at the opposite end of the lake). Pizza downtown at Fox's Pizza.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

The park was very clean and quiet. We were in a pull through spot that I assume is reserved for overnighters that do not want to disconnect. There are sewer sites available in the park but the five sites where we were did not have sewer. The showers were a very short walk from our site and taking a long HOT shower was nice. The laundry facility was on only 75 cents to wash and there was a free dryer. Several marked trails were nearby for exploring. There is a splash park by the bath house and here's a special tip, the on- switch is not located where the sign indicates. It is an unmarked button on the side of the building. The staff are very friendly and personable. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $24.00

We opted for the non sewer hookups, and we are glad we did because that section of the campground the sites are more widespread. Very nice comfortable Campground and we are happy we stayed there. It was nice and dark, which we appreciate in the campgrounds we visit. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

It's about 6 miles from the poverty point world heritage archaeological site. You definitely want to spend a couple hours up there.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $26.00

We stayed at one of the three long level asphalt pull throughs. The electric and water connections are close to the site entrance, so that there is still 100 feet of site in front of you once connected. These sites are very wide. The price reflects a $6.00 reservation fee, even though we arrived unannounced. They are a little behind tree trimming near sites 45 and 46 along the exit road. The WiFi antenna was very close, but the signal speed was very very slow. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $20.00

We stayed on site 37. Easy back in spot. Park is very well maintained. Grocery store is 3 miles away. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $26.00

Our space was very large. We had plenty of room between us and our neighbors. We were very close to the splash park, which was an added bonus since it was so hot. There were plenty of advertised trails but they all seemed to blend together and were not well maintained. The hosts were very friendly and easily accessible if we had questions. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

CI019

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $24.00

This is a GREAT state park. The Reservoir is beautiful, trails are well maintained, and it has a delightful splash pad for the kids. I don't know the age of this park, but it appears to be fairly new. The sites are gravel, spacious, with grass between sites. Each site has a picnic table, bar-b-q and fire pits. Our site was water/electric only, but some sites do have sewer hook up and there are 5 long pull throughs. The park has a laundry room but I did not use it, nor did we use the restrooms/showers. There is also a golf course nearby and club, but not something we used. Even when full on the weekend, the park was peaceful. We will definitely come here again when in this area. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel, Grass

The small town of Delhi, LA is quaint, but do not offer much in the way of restaurants or shopping of any kind. Come prepared.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $30.00

Poverty Point State Park has a great campground. I made reservations online and called to confirm that a 40' motorhome with slideouts would work in the space. Upon arrival the space was too narrow and not long enough, so I had to upgrade to one of the "improved" spaces. No where online could I find a description of "non-improved" vs "improved".

To upgrade my space, we could not do it over the phone. I had to come back up to the office. At the office there is no where to turn around, so I had to drive out of the park and find a place to turn around in Delhi.

Back at the office, the staff person changed my reservation to a different spot; but when she handed me the receipt, it showed I was still in the original campsite. She fought with the computer system some more and was finally able to get me a pull through spot. However, I ended up having to pay twice, which increased the price per night.

The pull-through spot I ended up in was nice, level, and clean. However, while driving through the park there were several trees that needed to be trimmed to avoid hitting the motorhome.

Overall, I was pleased with the park. I wish they offered single night stays on the weekend. Given the chance I would stay here again. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $23.00

When I was here, the park was only about 30% occupied, and I did not see any parties or hear any loud noises. If there were any oil field workers, they were gone or very quiet. It is a relatively new campground, and the sites were clean and well-kept. My only complaint was a few bites from a nest of fire ants, but they were gone the next day after I sprinkled a little borax around the nest. I enjoyed bike riding around the lake. The price of $23 for a full hookup site was a bargain. Very good Verizon voice and data, as well. We camped at Poverty Point Reservoir State Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Poverty Point Reservoir State Park ?