Southern Living RV Park

Greenwood, Louisiana

Recent Rate: $28 8/2014

Longitude: -93.9620840549469

zrxh14

We were here for just 1 night but it was OK for that. Fairly large park with long pull through sites that are well spaced between the sites. Water pressure was good and so was voltage. Site was level gravel. Close to shopping and plenty of places to eat. When we were here there were plenty of empty sites. When we checked in the lady at the office gave us 3 rows of empty to pick from and set up. She didn’t even tell us to tell her which site we picked later. Rate was with Good Sam discount. We might stay here again if in the area. We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

GrumpyJoe

This park is good for an overnight stay to use the facilities. Water , dump, electric all good but as others stated, it is noisy. The wifi they claim to have does not work. I had to take my iPad to the office to get it to get any signal and by the time I got back to the RV (I had the first spot right next to the office) the signal was gone. They were just far enough out of town that TV signal was hard to get on antenna. I would stay here again ONLY if I had to. We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Motorhome.

Jerryws98516

We stayed here in a 40' 4 slide motorhome with tow vehicle. We were in site 22. Gravel with grass between. Pull through site that was long and easy to use. Full hookups with 50 amp, satellite, and Verizon phone signals. Unlevel site. Road noise as park is between the Interstate and a busy road. Good for overnight stops. WI-FI was very weak or non-existent. We would stay here again. We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Motorhome.

waterwalkin

Clean overnight stop. Twenty five dollar rate was perfect. No hassles. Highway noise, did not bother me - but it is on I-20. We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

rvreporterontheroad

Our biannual visit revealed that this park just gets worse. The sites are in terrible condition, there are only a handful that are close to being level. Still no amenities such as cable, wireless internet, etc. They do have a pool now that may fit five small people at the most. The park is less than half occupied and they are all long term residents. There is no "Clutter" policy in place, they allow items to be accumulated around the sites. The grounds are not maintained, weeds are knee high. During the night both the Train and I-20 road noise make so you must keep the windows closed and the fans on to help drown the issue out. It is obvious that the staff have never traveled before nor have they been around RV's. SO or the meat of the inspection: Sites are not level, Power was borderline (108 on each leg), water pressure was 52#, no Wi-Fi or cable offered. The park has been open approximately two years and the only improvement that has been done is two small white vinyl fence sections with the name of the park on it. The park is set for long term people only; They are not interested nor do they want Over Night Travelers, in their words we are cry baby's and complainers! We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Motorhome.

marcwtomas

This is by far the worst place we have been. Several months ago we passed through here and stayed, we should have learned the first time. We wanted to enjoy the Red River Festival, everyone else was full so we were stuck; my fault. Not a level site in the park, full of long term RV workers that do not care what their rigs look like. There are weeds growing everywhere that a are 2' tall. Nothing but gravel that has washed into the road area. Between the road noise and the train passing by it is terrible! As for the last review that said the staff was friendly, I would question where that review came from. They are rude and have no idea how to run an RV park. The voltage was very low, less than 108 with one A/C on. No cable, no Wi-Fi, the pool was closed (I would not get into that thing anyhow!). We made the mistake once, just needed a place to sleep, went against my better judgment. TERRIBLE!! We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Motorhome.

judgemathewss

We have been traveling for the past five months, our last stay in Shreveport was wonderful, we did not make advance reservations so unfortunately we ended up here and not where we wanted to be. Not sure where to start. When We called for a spot they told us they were the newest park in Louisiana with this beautiful pool. Well the fact is, yes they are a new park, fact is who ever designed it has no idea what they are doing. There is not a single level site in the place, and I mean unlevel. I counted as much as four 4x4's under a side of a 5th wheel and they still were not level. Yes the electrical is new but the service is terrible, we could only get 103 volts. The sites are extremely difficult to get into and the staff is just plain rude. This place would qualify as a KOA if I have ever seen one. Over priced, under managed and a real dump. Full of pipe liners that go to work at 4:30 in the morning with loud trucks, then drink until midnight. A few feet from I-20 and a active train track within a 1/4 mile. Never again! We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Motorhome.

marcwtomas

The park we had planned to stay at was full, we were forced to stay here or drive on to Dallas. The other reviews are dead on. There is not a level site in the park. The young couple running the park has not a clue what it takes to make the customer feel welcome. I explained that we would be departing early. They allow several cars to park at the already tight spaces. When we got ready to leave there were so many vehicles parked in the road we could not leave until the drunks next to us woke up and stumbled out to move the vehicles from the middle of the road. This is not a RV Park, it is a breeding house for upcoming Jerry Springer episodes! If you are a RV'er I highly suggest staying as far away as you possibly can! A real DUMP! We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Motorhome.

dannythomas

I am not sure what this person was thinking when they built this park. There is not a level site on the entire place. It sits next to the interstate at a truck stop off ramp. All night I could hear Jake Breaks. Our driver side wheels were 8" in mud, the roads are so narrow that a compact car could not navigate this place. As the last review stated then there is the Trains! It sounds as if they are in your space. In three years of traveling I assure you this is by far the worse we have encountered! The owner could care less, he only wants long term pipe liners in here, and believe me there are a bunch of them. No criteria on what the RV looks like and how many people live in them. Absolute terrible! We camped at Southern Living RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Southern Living RV Park?