Hidden Oaks Family Campground

Recent Rate: $28 6/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Verizon, Sprint Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers Verizon,Sprint
  • yes-stream Waterfront Waterfront yes-stream
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $28.00

One side of the park is for permanents and the other side is for RVers. The grass was mowed, but the roads are narrow, very bumpy, and very dusty. I was told the 50 amp sites were "over there" and to pick a site. I like being able to pick my site - I was the only one there! However, every site I looked at just had an open, 30 amp outlet tacked to a post. I called the office, thinking that I must have misunderstood, and asked that someone come out to point me to a 50 amp site, but no one came. Finally, I found what appeared to be the one and only 50 amp (uncovered) outlet tacked to a telephone pole with several other (uncovered) 30 amp outlets. Although I was the only person in the park, they appeared to be too busy watching TV to provide any help. I definitely would NOT stay here again. I am sorry I stopped in and interrupted their TV show. I am also sorry the minimum rating for me to give is one star. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $20.00

The park is clean and well maintained. The pads are grass with no tables nor fire pits, though there were a number of tables chained to a tree. The attendant was very accommodating. Located on a small lake off the Tangipaoa River. Many facilities, including fish, swimming pool and pavilion. We only used the facility for an over nite stay, but would certainly consider it for a few days if opportunity permitted. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

8 miles from Hammond and 2 miles from Robert

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $20.00

Health Department must never visit as many Sewer connections had no cap on them. Fires are allowed, but no fire rings. People just built a fire where ever they wanted and then leave with hot embers in their fire. 50 amp sites are limited and Office Staff didn't know which were 50 and which weren't. Some sites can be used as pull-thurs, but clearance under the electric wires is limited. We would have pulled down the wires if we had tried. Okay for an over-night stop, but wouldn't stay any longer. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $20.00

We used PPA. The office staff was friendly and offered site for us to use. There was road noise but we were not bothered as we used our AC. The owners dog left a present on the grass for us at departure and the lawn man was cutting in circles around us, I guess we did not leave early enough for him. The electric and water were good. It was peaceful and pleasant. I do believe I would avoid weekends when locals use the beach area. There are many seasonal campers here. We did not use the pool or see any activities. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $20.00

The price reflects PPA one night. The office gal was wonderful. She gave us different directions from I-12 that only was two miles off the highway. Much better than our GPS of 10 miles. Parking is on grass. The sites are all large. The stream is a wonderful addition. Even though it is only the end of March, we noticed mosquitoes. Big picnic area. We were only here one night so we did not have the opportunity to check out the pool or beach. We would stay here again. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $20.00

Beautiful, woodsy, peacocks, walking trail along river, good overnight PPA park. Layout was confusing but office was helpful. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $44.00

I arrived here in a torrential downpour only to find that the sites i was given to choose from were actually located in a field. A field of mud. A field of mud covered in about 3 to 6 inches of water. I wasn't going to drive 25,000 pounds of rig into a muddy swamp, lay a 50 amp cord in the water then plug it into a very tenuous looking outlet. I doubt a tow truck could have gotten me out of there after "settling in" all night. I chose to ask for a refund which was happily and understandably provided to me. The staff was also helpful in providing directions to find my way back to the highway as this place is 10 miles back into the swamps of Hammond. I would not recommend any big rig stay at this park. It is more for campers or locals looking for a place to gather for the weekend. Friendly staff kept it from being a total disaster. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $40.00

PROs: Groups are allowed to park in a circle, or any arrangement within your area. Local/permanent residents areas are private on one end of the park. Not intermingled. Friendly owners/staff. Beach area very nice. Nice pavilion with a wonderful DJ most of the time we've been here. This is more of an adult campground and we love it since our kids are all grown. CONs: Very little TV reception and no Wi-Fi available. (We like to watch the weather reports). Pool is small. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $35.00

I agree with previous posts. Yes, roads are terrible; they do somewhat help to slow down the speed of the golf carts that run rampant. There doesn’t seem to be any funds being used to update the campground. The bathhouses are dirty and bug infested; the one by the river even had what looked to be human waste on the walls. It seems to be mainly used by the daily visitors who come to swim in the river. In my option this is a safety hazard to the children at the campground. These people drive up, pay the fee and have full access of the campground without any record of names or license numbers. My main complaint however was the raw sewage that covered the ground and was literally bubbling out of the drains. Initially we thought the problem was isolated to the campsite next to us but by the end of the weekend the problem was with most of the row of sites. By the second night our puppies started vomiting; by the third we were all nauseous. It rained the third night so it was impossible for us to leave and the rain water mixed in with the sewage; gross does not come close to describing it. Once the rain cleared out the humidity kicked in and the smell was unmistakable. Our camper and everything in it will be disinfected before we can use it again. We will definitely not be camping at Hidden Oaks in the future, and I do not recommend it. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $40.00

This was a nice park.It had many activities for everyone. We love the fact that a band came and played. All staff and other guests were very friendly. We will be back to this campground. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $35.00

"Hidden" is a great name for the location. Honestly it reminded us of the movie "Deliverance". The pathways and sites were very very bumpy. We had a pull through but it was so rough, we ended up backing out of the space. One night was more than enough for us. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2009 - $40.00

My wife and her family grew up at this campground and once had a permanent site but the monthly fee is too high. Since we got our travel trailer, we've camped here a few times because it's fairly close to home. We will however, probably not return. First of all, the roads are HORRIBLE. I understand the river rises and floods the campground every so often but it doesn't look like any effort is put into patching or fixing the roads. We normally stay in the back by the river (they do have a nice walking trail to the river that can be enjoyed in the morning with a cup of coffee. Our dogs love it also.) Like other people have said, they have no concrete pads or any indication of exactly where they want you to park your RV. I guess if you have a group of RV's, this would be a good place for you because you could park them in a circle. Most sites do not have sewer that we ever saw. Watch for the golf carts: they are everywhere and I do not agree with the ages of the kids driving the carts. Some are way too young and they hang out at the beach with the carts until quiet time and then it looks like a parade with all of them blaring music as they come back to their sites. The back bathhouse is never clean and showers seem to be a breeding ground for mosquitos. I got bit more in the shower than I did at the campsite. The owners are nice. They have bingo's on Saturday and Sunday and either a band or the owner's husband, DJ's on Saturday nights. They do have a pool that we've never used and a huge open area for kids to play in. Overall, it's nice with the trees and shade and things to do but we feel since no money is pumped back into the park and the fees (especially on holidays) seem to keep going up, we'll stay at the more affordable and cleaner state parks instead. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $40.00

This is an excellent campground. They have some type of function every weekend. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2008 - $16.00

This is not the best campground we have ever stayed in. It has a lot of permanent trailers covered by roofs. Looked kind of shabby. The price was right. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2007 - $35.00

We heard bad things about this campground and decided to attend due to snow weekend. We had a great time in the snow and might attend for this weekend again; however will try not to come back for anything other than the snow. Our sites were not the greatest, and it looks like a trailer park. Most of the campers are regulars, and if you don't camp there regularly, you don't fit in. I got the feeling that this park welcomed the drinkers and party animals. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Lakeside RV Park

Livingston, Louisiana

Tchefuncte Campground

Folsom, Louisiana

Are you affiliated with Hidden Oaks Family Campground?