5 Average

21544 US-190
Hammond, Louisiana 70401

• Beach Beach yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Hidden Oaks Family Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $28.00

Another gem, off the interstate but no noise. Full hookups in an open field type park, bayou across the meadow. Lovely area. Would return. AT&T good, open sky for satellite. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $25.00

Basically a big grass field with hookups all through it. Grass was thick and even when rained did not cause any issues. Used pool which was very nice. It was off season so was only motorhome there but had no issues getting to or from anything in park. Probably would not stay if charged full price but with passport America it was worth it. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

C13

Not far from I-10. Staff was friendly and helpful

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $25.00

We tried to stay here, but ended up just leaving. This park is no place for a MH, its basically a grass field with power to hook up. We paid for a site, drove to the site, saw the wet grass field that our feet sunk in just walking on it, and knew this was no place for a heavy MH. This should be listed at a TT only park, no way you don't get stuck with anything heavy. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $28.00

Large tree-covered field with full hookups surrounded by permanent camp sites, most with ports and add-owns. Most of the sewer caps are missing, loose, or broken. Many were just a broken pvc pipe sticking out of the ground. "NASTY"!!!! All dirt and grass which would be a nightmare if it happened to rain. I'll not be back. The men's bathroom had what looked like ceiling insulation all over the floor and counters. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Featured Campgrounds Near Hidden Oaks Family Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $28.00

One side of the park is for permanents and the other side is for RVers. The grass was mowed, but the roads are narrow, very bumpy, and very dusty. I was told the 50 amp sites were "over there" and to pick a site. I like being able to pick my site - I was the only one there! However, every site I looked at just had an open, 30 amp outlet tacked to a post. I called the office, thinking that I must have misunderstood, and asked that someone come out to point me to a 50 amp site, but no one came. Finally, I found what appeared to be the one and only 50 amp (uncovered) outlet tacked to a telephone pole with several other (uncovered) 30 amp outlets. Although I was the only person in the park, they appeared to be too busy watching TV to provide any help. I definitely would NOT stay here again. I am sorry I stopped in and interrupted their TV show. I am also sorry the minimum rating for me to give is one star. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $20.00

The park is clean and well maintained. The pads are grass with no tables nor fire pits, though there were a number of tables chained to a tree. The attendant was very accommodating. Located on a small lake off the Tangipaoa River. Many facilities, including fish, swimming pool and pavilion. We only used the facility for an over nite stay, but would certainly consider it for a few days if opportunity permitted. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

8 miles from Hammond and 2 miles from Robert

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $20.00

Health Department must never visit as many Sewer connections had no cap on them. Fires are allowed, but no fire rings. People just built a fire where ever they wanted and then leave with hot embers in their fire. 50 amp sites are limited and Office Staff didn't know which were 50 and which weren't. Some sites can be used as pull-thurs, but clearance under the electric wires is limited. We would have pulled down the wires if we had tried. Okay for an over-night stop, but wouldn't stay any longer. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $20.00

We used PPA. The office staff was friendly and offered site for us to use. There was road noise but we were not bothered as we used our AC. The owners dog left a present on the grass for us at departure and the lawn man was cutting in circles around us, I guess we did not leave early enough for him. The electric and water were good. It was peaceful and pleasant. I do believe I would avoid weekends when locals use the beach area. There are many seasonal campers here. We did not use the pool or see any activities. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $20.00

The price reflects PPA one night. The office gal was wonderful. She gave us different directions from I-12 that only was two miles off the highway. Much better than our GPS of 10 miles. Parking is on grass. The sites are all large. The stream is a wonderful addition. Even though it is only the end of March, we noticed mosquitoes. Big picnic area. We were only here one night so we did not have the opportunity to check out the pool or beach. We would stay here again. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $20.00

Beautiful, woodsy, peacocks, walking trail along river, good overnight PPA park. Layout was confusing but office was helpful. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $44.00

I arrived here in a torrential downpour only to find that the sites i was given to choose from were actually located in a field. A field of mud. A field of mud covered in about 3 to 6 inches of water. I wasn't going to drive 25,000 pounds of rig into a muddy swamp, lay a 50 amp cord in the water then plug it into a very tenuous looking outlet. I doubt a tow truck could have gotten me out of there after "settling in" all night. I chose to ask for a refund which was happily and understandably provided to me. The staff was also helpful in providing directions to find my way back to the highway as this place is 10 miles back into the swamps of Hammond. I would not recommend any big rig stay at this park. It is more for campers or locals looking for a place to gather for the weekend. Friendly staff kept it from being a total disaster. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $40.00

PROs: Groups are allowed to park in a circle, or any arrangement within your area. Local/permanent residents areas are private on one end of the park. Not intermingled. Friendly owners/staff. Beach area very nice. Nice pavilion with a wonderful DJ most of the time we've been here. This is more of an adult campground and we love it since our kids are all grown. CONs: Very little TV reception and no Wi-Fi available. (We like to watch the weather reports). Pool is small. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $35.00

I agree with previous posts. Yes, roads are terrible; they do somewhat help to slow down the speed of the golf carts that run rampant. There doesn’t seem to be any funds being used to update the campground. The bathhouses are dirty and bug infested; the one by the river even had what looked to be human waste on the walls. It seems to be mainly used by the daily visitors who come to swim in the river. In my option this is a safety hazard to the children at the campground. These people drive up, pay the fee and have full access of the campground without any record of names or license numbers. My main complaint however was the raw sewage that covered the ground and was literally bubbling out of the drains. Initially we thought the problem was isolated to the campsite next to us but by the end of the weekend the problem was with most of the row of sites. By the second night our puppies started vomiting; by the third we were all nauseous. It rained the third night so it was impossible for us to leave and the rain water mixed in with the sewage; gross does not come close to describing it. Once the rain cleared out the humidity kicked in and the smell was unmistakable. Our camper and everything in it will be disinfected before we can use it again. We will definitely not be camping at Hidden Oaks in the future, and I do not recommend it. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $40.00

This was a nice park.It had many activities for everyone. We love the fact that a band came and played. All staff and other guests were very friendly. We will be back to this campground. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $35.00

"Hidden" is a great name for the location. Honestly it reminded us of the movie "Deliverance". The pathways and sites were very very bumpy. We had a pull through but it was so rough, we ended up backing out of the space. One night was more than enough for us. We camped at Hidden Oaks Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Hidden Oaks Family Campground

Are you affiliated with Hidden Oaks Family Campground ?