LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC

La Place, Louisiana

Recent Rate: $35 3/2012

kandid61

I always like to judge a park for myself, but will never again ignore the reviews of other campers on this site. I have learned my lesson. I would give this park a MINUS 5 if the rating was available. We travel 10 months out of the year, have stayed in many RV parks (good and bad) but I can honestly say that this is the first park on our list we will never return to. There are multiple reasons but the main ones are the rudeness of the hosts. They were very condescending and treated us like we were criminals. The long check in process that includes every license plate on your rig (which is not a problem), but then they want everyone's driver license that is staying in the RV and make copies of them. That is an IDENTITY THEFT ALERT. They can trace you through license plate numbers. Your drivers license is not needed and provides to much info (ie. DOB), nor do you need the copies of your personal info to be floating around. After you complete this long process that includes the hostess "reading the rules to you", you are escorted to your assigned site (no,you don't get to look first). Then they tell you where to park on the site, so the sewer is UNDERNEATH, and watch you crawl under to hook it up. I highly recommend that you choose a truck stop or a parking lot before staying here. The other reviewers pegged it. We camped at LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC in a Motorhome.

JayOTR

I agree with the post: "Absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. I can't believe that people you give money to can be so rude." However I was able to use a credit card. And the receipt they gave me did have their name and number on it. The hookups for power and water are located at the rear and the sewer was kind of under my RV on the door side. And yes "The place is well kept but the rudeness over rides that as well." The noise of the trains all day and night, water and power going on and off. The owner/manager lied to me as well, stupid stuff but a liar is a liar! We camped at LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC in a Fifth Wheel.

pcbcampergirl

The park atmosphere overall is nice. The noise level with the trains and the busy road is almost unbearable. Mostly long term occupants due to the Marathon Refinery. There is no cable offered. They only want 1 person per site. I was just visiting my husband and the owners were very quick to tell me that I could not stay with him for more than a few days. The owner was rude, they will not sign for any packages. I will not go back to visit anytime soon. We camped at LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC in a Fifth Wheel.

Florida Native

We stayed here 3 days. It is located about 30 minutes from New Orleans, and from the Plantations attractions area. There were no showers or cable TV which was no problem for us, but may be for some. We had free Wi-Fi. Located about an hour from the delta area. The owner was very nice and gave us some great tips and maps. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC in a Motorhome.

User156

OK has a short term stop. Most sites are long term occupants. Close to New Orleans. Very noisy with RxR on one side and busy Highway on the other side. Sewer hookup was strange. Sewer was at very back on to passenger side of site. Needed 40' of hose and several turns to get to outlet. Few trees made satellite reception good. We camped at LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC in a Fifth Wheel.

Poche Plantation

Convent, Louisiana

Pontchartrain Landing

New Orleans, Louisiana

D&D RV Park

Boutte, Louisiana

Are you affiliated with LaPlace Trailer & RV Park LLC?