1 Park near Marksville, Louisiana
Jul 2015 - $18.00
Definitely not 10/10/10 but a great value and worth a stop!
1. Facility - Concrete pads with full hookups. The perimeter sites are unlevel. Sites in the center where we stayed are fine. The park isn't 'pretty' but everything works and it's dirt cheap. Our sewer hookup had been busted and they had replaced it with another connection beside it which was way up off the ground. Whatever maintenance person did that obviously never camped.
2. Pool - nice warm outdoor pool is complimentary. The cold (but beautiful) indoor pool is an extra $10 per person per day. We spent one day at each. It was nice but many people tend to 'sneak in' without armbands and wreak havoc. They could use some better pool attendants to check for armbands and stop roughhousing. I wondered, but never confirmed, if they are letting locals use the pools. They just didn't seem to be typical campers.
3. The main road is under construction, so pay special attention to the entrance. The signage is lacking. We entered from the south and had to turn around in a parking lot because we didn't see the RV park sign, which is an add on to the 'Deliveries' sign.
4. We don't gamble, so I can't speak to that, but the lobby of the casino has an interesting live alligator exhibit.
5. I pulled a 29Meg connection on their wi-fi. It was amazingly fast, but they had streaming services (Netflix) blocked. - dad2aprincess
Jun 2015 - $21.00
All concrete pads, mostly level. Continuous shuttle service to a smokers only casino (no non-smoking areas). Passport America discount only applies 5 days per month. Clean restrooms. Good cable reception. - don_church
May 2015 - $17.00
We stayed here 3 times in May for a total of 10+ days. Our rate was a combination of PPA and GS discounts plus a couple free nights. The physical facilities (large , pull-through, FHU, cement, sites with cable TV (60 channels) are very good. Most sites are large, cement (both pad and patio), level, pull-through, and open for satellite. The large pool that was closed for 5 days of our stay because of a broken ladder. There is also a playground next to the pool area. The one weekend we were there, the 802.11 system was almost useless because of the number of customers try to use it. We have never had that problem here before. Once again, golf cart users and speeders (both customer and employees) were a serious hazard for anyone walking in the park. The great facilities and amenities in this park are overshadowed by poor management and their failure to address safety concerns. - Jerry S