Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49

• Lake Lake yes
  • Pond Pond yes

RJourney

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $18.00

A hidden gem 15 miles from Natchitoches. Park is quiet (over hill from interstate), strong utilities (soft water), big rig friendly (long pull thrus and easy access), terraced (wide grassy spaces), convenient (1/2 mile to I49), satellite and over air antenna friendly (few trees), friendly hosts( office is their home) and beautiful location. Will definitely return! We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

15 miles to Natchitoches and shopping. Mimi quick stop and truck stop across street from park.

SoonerMom

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $15.00

This is a good one night place. Easy on/off of I-49. Entry driveway is one lane with ditch on both sides, but easy to navigate. We were put in site #5. All sites are grass and gravel on a slight hill. We were told we could drive through site #12 the next morning for easier exit, but with the trees overhead and on the sides we decided not to use that route. Pretty lake view from the driver side of the RV. There were about 5 other RVs there. There was lots of road noise from the highway 174 all night. Turning on the fan helped. Google Maps has the location further west than actual location...sign is small. We were required to pay $3 extra for 50 amp service. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

CharlieB

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $15.00

A simple mom & pop operation, good for overnight stops and a visit in the area. Located far enough off the Interstate on Hwy 174, amid the trees to be quiet. Located on a hillside, level sites with a great view of the Southern Forest. Nice folks run the place. Usable open WiFi. We'd stay here again. Lot spacing was nearby with a sunny/open exposure. Site surface was gravel with grass and features a picnic table. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Travel Trailer.

Mim's restaurant across the road has some good meal deals.

rudy1

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $15.00

We made reservations and as such all of our paperwork was waiting in a box on the porch of the office. Yes, self check-in. The park was very clean. The sites were a combination of gravel and clover. Our 41' coach maneuvered easily throughout the park. Overall, a nice, quaint and quiet park. There is a operating sawmill across the street that wraps it up at 4:30pm. We would stay again if in the area. Our rate included a Passport discount. 50 amps service an additional $3 over the discounted rate. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Brujomar

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $14.00

Rolled into this park on way to New Orleans. Selected because it is a Passport America park. No one in registration...posted as self serve, which is fine. We selected a long pull-through for our 40' fiver and truck. Temp was warm, but this site had only 30 amp, which was also fine for us. Some sites have 50 amp. All are full hookup, inc. sewer.

Grass, some trees, mostly level. Quiet, easy to find. Arrived late in afternoon and left the next morning, so we didn't take advantage of the lake etc.

Five other rigs here when we got here. Plenty of space. Regular rate is $28 plus tax. Add $3 for 50 amp. We ended paying $17 with tax/30 amp, a fair price for a quick, quiet overnight. They offer lots of affiliated discount programs.

We'd stop here again should we be passing by and need a quick, reliable overnight. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Fifth Wheel.

Nothing near here, but there is a local truck fill/munchies store .2 miles up the road. Gas and diesel here, albeit higher than 20 miles down the road, but it's there if you need it. Also a sawmill just across the road from park, but minimal impact on our stay.

paparoach

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $18.00

This is a small RV park next to a nice lake that you can fish but you have to release your catch. They have a nice laundromat with 2 washers and 2 dryers. It rained for 2 days and never seen anyone there so it was very quiet. Sites are Gravel - Grass. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

tcurex

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $15.00

We were greeted by the owner and guided to our level, grassy, site next to a shade tree. This park is small and cozy and the owners go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. The lake is large and loaded with fish for catch and release. With chairs and grill lakeside, you can just sit back and relax. Be sure to visit the Mansions in nearby Natchitoches, the oldest city in LA. We hope we can come back to this tranquil RV park soon. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Be sure to visit the oldest city in LA, Natchitoches, on the Cane river. The 3 plantations to the south were built and operated by 4 generations of free, black people who never had been slaves.

JSRFrench

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $20.00

Very nice Mom & Pop campground. Owners are very friendly. Easy access from the Interstate. Full service. Very nice private stocked lake - caught 42 fish - Bass / White Perch / Bream all catch & release. We stayed 4 days - $3 per night extra charge for a 50amp Trailer. Very quiet at night, large well maintained lake front with setting areas, easy marked walk around the lake but it is Louisiana & partially woodland so be prepared to encounter beaver / snakes & wildlife, not a park resort. Pet friendly, we bring out Yorkie camping. WiFi is spotty at best, be prepared to use data. We will return, excellent value. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Travel Trailer.

By all means - bring a fishing pole but remember it is catch & release. Private lake, lot of fish & fun which would end if all campers pull strings of fish out of the lake. I caught 27 in 1 day & 42 total including a 3lb Bass.

Mbv-20145

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $12.00

Wish that I had more time to spend at this campground. Friendly owner, clean restrooms/showers.

Gravel roads/paths and sites. Grass at this site was neatly cut.

Place to let your dogs run.

We had a great nights sleep.

This RV Park must be a well kept secret, because their were less than ten RVs on site.

Located within a mile (guess) of I-49 @ the 174 exit. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

travelingpeople

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $25.00

This is a hidden gem. It is not a resort; the sites are grass but level and it is not anything fancy but I would stay here time and time again. The staff was friendly, the internet was extremely fast, local TV channels available. It is located .3 miles from the Interstate but the park is surrounded with trees so there is very little Interstate noise. It is very peaceful and relaxing. The pull thru's are very long. Our 45' RV with a tow measures 63' long and we had no trouble getting to or into our designated spot. We would definitely stay here again and most likely will make it our destination stop when traveling. This park IS big rig friendly. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

SGF

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $15.00

We were a little nervous since we never saw anyone. It was an honor system to pay. The park had grassy and level sites. The Wi-Fi had a strong signal. The rate reflects Passport America and close to the interstate with no noise. We would definitely stay here again if traveling that way. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

kgarrett9999

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $22.00

Beautiful little RV Park just off of I-49. There were 3 (2 unoccupied) RV's that appeared to be permanent, but other than those we had our choice of sites. Small lake with pan sized perch, but owner requested catch and release only, so back they went. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Travel Trailer.

altsclmarm

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $18.00

This is my second stay here. It is conveniently located close to I-49. Rate is with PA. A small park, but peaceful with friendly owners. My site was very level, full hookups, excellent Verizon reception, and clear DISH satellite reception. I stayed three nights to visit nearby attractions, and wait out a storm. I'd definitely stay here again. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

mrpeepers

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $18.00

Rate reflects Passport America discount. Very nice little campground easily accessed from I-49. Level sites. Interior roads are narrow, gravel and dirt. Sites are gravel and grass. I imagine there would be problems with mud after a heavy rain, but we had beautiful weather. There's a pretty catch-and-release lake on the grounds. Great place to just kick back and relax. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

JustDon

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $18.00

Owners were really friendly and helpful. A very pretty lake. For friendliness I give them a 10+. Site seem fairly level, not to close together. Can get Directv with satellite, there are some trees, but most sites you can receive a signal. Verizon(tracfone) had three bars and was on 4g LTE. I would tell a friend and also I will stay here again. I just stayed for the night. Didn't use shower or restrooms so can't comment on those. Getting into the drive do watch it; it is narrow, but they have it marked well. It says .30 miles to the park after coming off of I-49; it will be on the left. Their sign is not real big, but it seems most RV parks aren't. Great owners. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49?