Marthaville, Louisiana

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Lake Lake yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $18.00

Phone out of order sometimes so stop to chk for availability. Very tranquil, nice park. Wifi good. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $16.00

From the minute I called to ask if they had a spot available, I should have known to stay somewhere else. Incredibly rude, I mean incredibly RUDE. The woman said she would have turned me away if I would have told her I had passport America on the phone. She they preceded to huff and puff and make me feel awful about bothering her. I know everyone can have a bad day, but there's no excuse for how she treated me without reason. Awful experience, I mean the worst I've seen yet, and we travel all the time. Campground is cute enough though so if you don't have to talk to the owners, go ahead and stay here. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Truck Camper.

Long enough for my truck camper and a trailer too

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $18.00

Good for a over night stay easy to find off interstate I-49. Owner works office very nice gave me a choice of sites walked with me let me pick. The entrance is just a driveway with a small sign for the Rv park could be easy to miss. Park is dirt and grass roads and sites. Long pull through not too level but not bad. The hook ups were ok but the day we left they had some rain and the power went out not the parks fault but the storm was not that bad. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $23.00

We spent one night mid week, arrived about an hour before sunset, left by about 9 am the next morning. The RV park was mostly empty with only 5 or 6 other RV's there, most appeared to be long term. Wifi worked surprisingly well for being such remote location (fast enough to stream a short youtube video), this RV park is located about half a mile off I-49 and a hundred feet off the nearby highway. We had no over the air TV reception even though handout claimed 3-4 channels available. Traffic noise was minimal given the proximity to the highway. We heard no sawmill sounds that others reported. Roads and sites are gravel and grass, spacing for the pull through sites are a bit close, or could be if they were full. Each site has a white synthetic picnic table with integrated benches, it appears a few shade trees have been planted for the pull through sites, but it will still be a number of years before they are large enough to offer any shade. Some of the back in sites are shaded or partly shaded One odd rule is they require 50 amp RV's to use slightly more expensive 50 amp sites, no 50-30 amp pigtails allowed. We will certainly consider staying here again if we are passing through and need a place for the night. Overall a great place to stop for the night, and good enough to stay for a few days if you want to tour the area, friendly owners live on site. We live about 100 miles away and stopped in on our way to Arkansas, after a mid afternoon start departure when my wife got off work. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

2 small loops

Small truck stop at the interstate exit has large sign that claims they sell fresh shrimp. Very rural location, with minimal nearby shopping options, nearest grocery, wal-mart, etc. would be either Mansfield or Natchitoches about 28 miles away. Natchitoches is one of the oldest cities in Louisiana founded in 1714, and has a scenic downtown area, these days it is mainly known for its big christmas celebration and being a small college town.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $15.00

A smallish mom & pop rv park that is great for our overnight need. Would be good for a couple of days. The owner/operators are nice folks. Little or no shade, fairly level gravel/grass sites, FHU, some 50 amp sites, some 30. We got to choose our site once there. Have to look close for their entrance. Small sign. When you see the saw mill and a small restaurant start looking for the driveway across the road. There is a small trail and a catch/release pond. A few benches/tables by the water. The saw mill and highway do not create any big deal noise. Got a couple of OTA tv stations and the wi-fi and cell phone was good. Would not hesitate to come back or recommend. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Eat at the little restaurant/vegetable stand across the street (Mim's). Excellent catfish and sides. Vegetables home grown and fresh.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $18.00

If not for the noise of the sawmill next door, this would be a 10. Charming host and country setting, quiet weekends. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Plantations 30 mins to the South, Natchitoches 20 mins South are well worth it

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $18.00

Stayed here two weeks, nice clean park. Right of I-49. Small fish and release fish pond, picturesque slope with park benches and grill near pond. spots are easy in/out and level. Owners are on site and friendly and helpful to promote local attractions in Natchitoches. Saw mill across road does create some noise in early morning. but shuts down at 3-4 each day. Also small eatery across road which is spotty in hours open but good food. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Fifth Wheel.

Be sure to include several days to explore the Cane River National Heritage Trail and National Historic Landmark District in Natchitoches. Awesome history and most places do not charge admission.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $20.00

Older, smaller, well-maintained campground. Easy access from I-49. Grassy, flat sites. New picnic tables, no fire ring. Enjoyed our overnight stay very much. Quiet on a January weeknight. Sawmill across the road, stopped working at 3:00, but starting at 6:00AM. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $19.00

Very nice little campground easily accessed from I-49. The sites are level. Interior roads are narrow, gravel and dirt. Sites are gravel and grass. There's a pretty catch-and-release lake on the grounds. Great place to just kick back and relax.

The laundry has 2 washers ($1.25) and 2 dryers ($1.25). There are very friendly dogs that roam freely through the campground. The dogs aren't a problem, but no one picks up after they poop. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $19.00

Stayed here overnight. Very peaceful campground. The owners live on the premises and take care of it and their campers. The owner even brought us some plums from her trees here. Special nice place with country kind atmosphere. Nice lake view. No cable TV, but the antenna was more than sufficient picking up around 20 channels. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $16.00

We stayed here for a week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The park is very clean and well cared for with an abundance of lush grass, shade and open areas. A small lake provides catch and release fishing for anglers. Plenty of room for taking walks with numerous park benches to relax in the shade. The owners are meticulous about upkeep and very friendly. The location is ideal being just off I-49 about 20 minutes north of Natchitoches. We will definitely stay here again! We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Travel Trailer.

Spacious, Nearby
Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $18.00

A hidden gem 15 miles from Natchitoches. Park is quiet (over hill from interstate), strong utilities (soft water), big rig friendly (long pull thrus and easy access), terraced (wide grassy spaces), convenient (1/2 mile to I49), satellite and over air antenna friendly (few trees), friendly hosts( office is their home) and beautiful location. Will definitely return! We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

15 miles to Natchitoches and shopping. Mimi quick stop and truck stop across street from park.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $15.00

This is a good one night place. Easy on/off of I-49. Entry driveway is one lane with ditch on both sides, but easy to navigate. We were put in site #5. All sites are grass and gravel on a slight hill. We were told we could drive through site #12 the next morning for easier exit, but with the trees overhead and on the sides we decided not to use that route. Pretty lake view from the driver side of the RV. There were about 5 other RVs there. There was lots of road noise from the highway 174 all night. Turning on the fan helped. Google Maps has the location further west than actual location...sign is small. We were required to pay $3 extra for 50 amp service. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $15.00

A simple mom & pop operation, good for overnight stops and a visit in the area. Located far enough off the Interstate on Hwy 174, amid the trees to be quiet. Located on a hillside, level sites with a great view of the Southern Forest. Nice folks run the place. Usable open WiFi. We'd stay here again. Lot spacing was nearby with a sunny/open exposure. Site surface was gravel with grass and features a picnic table. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Travel Trailer.

Mim's restaurant across the road has some good meal deals.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $15.00

We made reservations and as such all of our paperwork was waiting in a box on the porch of the office. Yes, self check-in. The park was very clean. The sites were a combination of gravel and clover. Our 41' coach maneuvered easily throughout the park. Overall, a nice, quaint and quiet park. There is a operating sawmill across the street that wraps it up at 4:30pm. We would stay again if in the area. Our rate included a Passport discount. 50 amps service an additional $3 over the discounted rate. We camped at Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Ajax Country Livin' RV Park at I-49 ?