Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel

Recent Rate: $20 2/2014

meltar

Stay anywhere but here. This place is a cramped filthy mess, filled with run-down FEMA trailers, and right next to the horrible-smelling oil refineries. At the entrance is a run-down convenience store that looks like crack-ho central. The inside of the park and the motel were no better. Each site had sewer vent stacks sticking out of the ground emitting noxious smells at eye level. I wouldn't stay there if they paid ME $20 a night. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

catadjuster

This park is not in a good area. There is a gate that closes at night and we felt reasonably safe in the park. The parking lot of the on site convenience store is full of 'Ladies of the evening' up to mid morning. There is nothing to do in the park itself but I guess that's not what you go to New Orleans for. Rate was for a monthly rate while we were in the area working. It is close to the Interstate for access. Depending on traffic the French Quarter is 15 minutes away. Construction on the nearby drawbridge makes access tricky depending on the direction you come in from. The manager of the park knows nothing about the RV lifestyle. I was dumping the holding tank before we left and he said 'So that's how you dump the tanks'. Not bad really for a few days of sightseeing. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

molly29

We were warned about this part of town, but it is a gated RV park next to a motel. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Sites were level enough. Very close to the French Quarter. We would stay here again. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Travel Trailer.

rontrem

Odd Owner Very reasonable rates, lots of full time residents, dogs, close to all the action, good Wi-Fi, cable spotty, good electric and water. We though we got a good deal and had no problems. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

bilmo

We stayed here once before during the first Jazz Fest after Katrina, so were anxious to see any improvements and to save some money. Not a big change other than it is cleaned up, the motel is repainted, a security gate is installed and there is a new office outside the gate. They list sites at $20 per night on their web page. We were charged $30. Our neighbor paid $20 and they had no reservation either. Print out web page and take it with you to get the $20/night rate. Couldn't get a refund. Now they rent out about 20 former FEMA trailers. Had a loose pit bull which campground owner said had broken its chain, so he is aware of what goes on. The campground rules say that dogs are not to be chained outside unattended, just like any other campground. One of our dogs is blind and my wife was very intimidated. There are several dogs chained outside. Will not stay here again. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

TravelnSteve

The majority of the sites are fair. This is a older park, but in a better neighborhood than the nearby RV Resort that you pay big bucks for. The pool has been filled in, so no more swimming pool. The electric was good as we have 4 roof a/c units that never tripped the breaker. Not much for shade trees - a few trees, but not much. Many local workers live here. All in all pretty quiet. Yes you can hear some of the I-10 road noise, but not as bad as the nearby RV Resort! Remember, you get what you pay for. We would stay here again. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

ozzie6789

I disagree with the previous comments and didn't consider staying here last year b/c of those comments. I have stayed here 2 weeks and except for the fact that the swimming pool does not work, this park is typical of RV parks in the moderate price range. The park is secure with an electric gate that's closed during the night, has easy access on and off I-10, and is only a few miles from the French Quarter, unlike the KOA which can take you more than 30 minutes to get to the Quarter depending on traffic. I definitely will stay here again. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

Florida Native

After leaving another in town park, we drove to this park on the same street, about 2 miles away, and were disappointed to see that the area itself was not good. My wife was afraid to stay, and as we would be driving back and forth to the French Quarter at night and she felt unsafe. I did not actually stay here and keep that in mind when making your decision. Lots of FEMA trailers in the area. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

florida1

We stayed here for one night and had to leave. There were nothing but workman and Fema in the park. The park wasn't clean and it was very noisy at night. Traffic came in and out all night long. I won't be back to this park. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

bruce

This place isn't half as bad as some might make it out to be. We've been here 7 nights and plan to stay 5 more. At this time most of the park is filled with FEMA trailers. There are only a half dozen or so RV sites. Maintanence is good and there is a locked gate at night (accessible by a key card). FEMA residents of the park have been friendly as has been management. Understand that there are thousands and thousands of FEMA trailers all over the city; they aren't just for undesirables, but rather for people who are stuck with no place to live as a result of the massive undertaking to rebuild this city. You'll see FEMA trailers on the front lawns of houses costing in excess of $500K pre-Katrina. There's a new Winn-Dixie supermarket just down the street along with plenty of national fast food restaurants and you can drive to the French Quarter in less than 10 minutes. WiFi costs an additional $15 per week, but worked well for us. The only complaint I might have is that they should make WiFi available on a daily basis for those who are only in for a couple of days. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

lindalu

Filthy, expensive and grumpy. We should have dry camped. Thousands of RV's and trailers parked everywhere around town. WiFi available but not checked by us. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

vicki_roy

This campground is located in a very bad part of town "GETTO". Would not recommend this park to anyone. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Travel Trailer.

bnunn

We drove in, and drove out! Simply placing this review to avoid anyone else falling into this trap! The park is right off the 10 in the GHETTO! A gang was hanging out in front of the open "security gate", drinking beer and smoking pot when we arrived. Razor wire is on the fence if that tells you anything! I saw more police cars than automobiles coming into the area. In short, do yourself a favor and stay at the New Orleans East or West KOA. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Motorhome.

Paullynn

A Passport America campground. This park is an in town campground and not in the best area. Once inside the security gate it is a typical private campgroung. Some of the sites are tight to get into. Half the park is paved, the rest is grass and gravel. Rather noisy being near an interstate highway, train tracks and next to a truck depot. They do offer guided bus tours from the front gate. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Fifth Wheel.

al27607

I stayed in this campground in 2004. It is in a really crime ridden part of town. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. After Hurricane Katrina, I was doing disaster relief through the church about 3 miles from this campground and had been staying on the church's property in my RV. I needed to dump my black tanks before the drive home, and I remembered this campground. I went to it, and the campground was in shambles. The office was closed and the power wasn't on in that part of town but the water and sewage worked. I pulled into the campground (which was empty of RVs) and this East Indian guy ran up to me and told me that he was the owner. I explained that I needed to dump my tanks for the ride home after doing relief work in his community. He informed me that I would need to pay $15 to dump my tanks. I guess he felt it necessary to profit from hardship. I left without dumping the tanks and went to another campground where the owner let me dump the tanks free of charge. I will never stay in Mardi Gras Campground again. We camped at Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel in a Travel Trailer.

New Orleans West KOA

Pine Crest RV Park

Slidell, Louisiana

Parc D'Orleans, Inc

New Orleans, Louisiana

Are you affiliated with Mardi Gras RV Park & Motel?