Cajun Country Campground

Port Allen, Louisiana

Pamela R.

Our site was level and easy to get in and out of. The roads are gravel so fairly clean but with a few minor pot holes. The young man in the office was pleasant. It was quiet at night, but the next morning (a Monday), we could hear pick-up trucks from the long-term residents in the park leaving for work starting at 5 AM. We paid $35 cash. Credit card was $40. Wi-Fi was particularly good. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Motorhome.

Al Larson

A large majority of the sites in this campground are occupied by what appear to be permanent resident travel trailers, although very few seemed to be occupied when I visited. The office / store is quite run down and dirty. If you elect to pay for your stay using a credit card, a 3% surcharge is added. No Wi-Fi service or cable is available, although I was asked if I wanted the number of the local cable provider to call in order to arrange for service connection. The major networks are available over-the-air with good HD signals and I was able to obtain a 4-bar signal for Verizon broadband. When I return to the Baton Rouge area, I’ll either stay in another campground or keep on going. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Motorhome.

paxton

Park is full of permanents, not just around the edge. Laundry consists of a washer and a dryer on the outside of each of the shower buildings. One dryer is out of order. Restroom doors are kept open and in the cold weather, it was too cold to use the showers in the unheated rooms. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Travel Trailer.

big greg

A decent CG with good gravel roads and gravel/grass pull throughs. The rooftop TV dish worked well, no tree problems. The Sprint cell phone and air card also worked well. The CG is 2.5 miles off I-10 and quiet. Downtown Baton Rouge is 10 or 15 minutes away. Good location to visit several local area attractions. There are many long terms residents on the outside edge of the CG. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

BettyJ

Finally found a park we like when we visit Baton Rouge. This park is clean, quiet, has level gravel pull through sites, is easy to get into and around. The sites are not as close as many private parks. Most have a picnic table. Good interior roads. Easy to get onto I-10 into Baton Rouge. Bathhouse is older but clean. No stray dogs or cats running around the park. Friendly hosts. We got in on Sunday afternoon without a reservation, but the park is usually close to full, so reservations are recommended. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Post Falls ID

It is good for an over night or two. The sites were close but not as close as a KOA. You need a 90 degree to use their sewer. There is no WiFi and no Cable. Our Verizon card worked great. The campground was close to full but was still very quite at night. The showers and restrooms where old. Concrete floors with concrete block and wood walls. Here’s something interesting I’ve never run into before. There was only one restroom for everyone! No men’s or women’s side. Yep, community restrooms. You could be in one stall and it’s your guess as to who might be in the next! We arrived in the late afternoon and the mosquitoes were horrible. They were on my like…well you know what. I never set up the trailer that fast in my life! Thank goodness the site was level and I did not have to unhook the tow vehicle. About an hour later the temp dropped a couple degrees and the skeeters took off. The people at the office were extremely friendly and helpful. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Travel Trailer.

BRANDYC

We stayed for about 3 weeks and I loved it there. They keep the park clean and the grass is cut every Friday morning. Another plus the city came through once a week and sprayed for bugs which as everyone knows south Louisiana has a lot of bugs! The pool was fairly clean a few leaves in it but there are trees around so that's to be expected. They had a few items in their store if you didn't want to drive all the way to the store. Wal-Mart is about 6 miles. We would stay here again I hated to leave. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Happy Cajun Camper04

This was a very quiet, country style camp ground. I did notice that this is a site used by many as their home,(residents). I was not bothered by this. I kept an eye on my children and felt comfortable and safe there. I did use the laundry facility and was very pleased to have them. I will camp here again. Has great shade trees at every slot and the drive thru was great, no problems with having to back in. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Janice Zeigler

The actual camp site was ok. The office was filthy. We decided to stay two nights before we went in to register. I had to go to the Bathroom. My husband went ahead and paid for two nights and they have no refund policy, so we had to go ahead and stay both nights. I would not even go to see if the showers and restrooms were clean because I am sure they were not. I will park on a Wal Mart parking lot if I have to go that way again. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

mandynhenry

Office is only open from Noon-6pm. Grounds were kept, but not "cared for." When we arrived, there was a garbage bag that had been obviously dragged and disbursed by an animal, the trash was scattered over a grassy area. OK, these things happen: but the trash was still here 2 days later. It felt cramped and crowded at the park. The bathrooms were dark and dingy, buggy and only 1 of the 3 showers in the ladies bath had an adequate shower. The others had no water flow or all the water came out of the wall and not the shower head. I did not utilize the women's toilet. The store/office was staffed by an hourly worker, not by someone invested in the campground. That space also seemed dingy. Don't think we'll go back. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Motorhome.

RetiredAtLast

The office opens at noon so be sure to call ahead if you're arriving earlier. Also, the discount is better if you pay by cash/check. We enjoyed the country setting. The restrooms and showers appeared clean, but not a setup we would consider using ourselves. Nice washers/dryers. One did stop on me mid cycle and a very nice young man came immediately, reset it, and reimbursed the cost of the wash. We stayed here for a week in early March and would definitely stay here again. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

John Mosley

Ladies shower room was dimly lit and buggy but clean. The shower heads were in need of update. One shower had no hot water. Moved to another stall and was nearly scalded by water that exited the pipe BEFORE reaching the shower head. The laundry facility was clean and tidy with relatively new machines. Large pull throughs. Some background freeway noise. Nice vegetable/fruit roadside market nearby (Po Folks). We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Motorhome.

Amls

Nice campground with large pullthru gravel sites as well as gravel interior roads. It wasn't dusty while we were here but it had been raining prior to our arrival. The pool was clean but he outdoor pavilion could use some work. The campground is located about 1 mile off the freeway and is fairly quiet. There area some large trees scattered througout the park but we had no problem picking up a satellite signal. Our Verizon Aircard also worked here on Broadband speed. We would stay here again, it is a good 'homebase' for exploring the sites of Baton Rouge and the surrounding area. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Motorhome.

charles wood

Convenient to I-10 with easy access for big rigs. Sites are large and mostly level. Great stop for a few days rest. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

newrver

This was a nice little country campground. The sites were very well spaced. The pool was nice and clean, except it closed at 7 PM. It was a very quiet campground. All the people were very friendly. I would camp here again. We camped at Cajun Country Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Hilltop RV Park

Robertsdale, Alabama

Baton Rouge KOA

Denham Springs, Louisiana

Bayou Segnette State Park

Westwego, Louisiana

Are you affiliated with Cajun Country Campground?