New Orleans KOA

River Ridge, Louisiana

11129 Jefferson Highway
River Ridge, Louisiana 70123

Ask fellow campers about "New Orleans KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Stayed for two nights in my motorhome. Over the phone reservation was somewhat difficult, but when I arrived the check-in person was kind and answered all of my questions. He led me to my site and helped me get backed in. Spaces are tight, but I didn't pick this park to feel like I was camping, I picked it for convenience to the French Quarter. They have a limited shuttle which no one has clearly explained in the reviews, so I will. It leaves at 9am and returns at 5pm. One run. Many people cancel if they book it and our three names were after two others on the waiting list and we were offered seats, but we were not ready so I took public transport. Bus E3 stops across the street but is not part of RTC so the app I used to download a day pass didn't work. Fare is $1.50 per person each way. Transfered to RTC 16 at "the end of the line" for the E3 and then transferred to the streetcar 2 at the Canal/Convention Center stop. Came home the same way. Three people for a total cost of $9 for RTA Jazz Pass and $9.00 for the E3 line. It took about 90 minutes to get from the KOA to the French Quarter. I was glad we did not use the shuttle because we could return at our convenience, and it started raining just as we boarded the bus. Overall, the KOA was perfect for our needs. Nothing fancy, average price with the discount. I would stay here again, but might look at a closer RV park to the French Quarter if I wanted to spend more time there. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $52.00

We normally pick KOA's for the kids activities and the nice dog areas however this particular KOA did not have a play area for the kids and sadly the dog park was nothing more than a shaded, smelly and dirt fenced area. The service was nice and it was the most convenient to New Orleans. The sites were concrete pads but short for our motorhome and fairly close to the neighbors. It was a small park with mixed use area a few homes, tent area and a variety of travel trailers and motor homes. It appears that some are full time residents. A small laundry room, pool and gift shop was also on site. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

We made 3 different trips into New Orleans and found that it was easy to navagate although expensive for parking. It did afford us the ability to come and go as we please. Approximately 27. Miles round trip. The park offers a shuttle that will drop you off at 9:00 and pick up at 5:00. There are a lot of good restaurants near by. Be sure to eat at Heads and Tails.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

From Louisiana to Oregon, the best KOA we've stayed at. Clean, extremely well-maintained, and amazing service. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was so impressed with how everything was ran. Yes, it can be crowded, but it was super quiet. We planned on staying 4-5 days, and that turned into two weeks. Laundry room was the cleanest I've seen at any RV Park. I can't wait to return! We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

Make sure to buy your New Orleans souvenirs at the KOA shop. The prices there are 2/3 less than any store in the French Quarter. Beautiful shirts, masks, mugs, etc. For 10., you get the same shirt as the ones they sell for 30. downtown.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $49.00

We enjoyed camping here. The staff was helpful and friendly. The showers and bathrooms were clean. Wifi was really good. The park is located about 15 minutes from the French Quarter. The staff told us great options for getting into town and things to do. The do have have a free shuttle, but we didn't use it. The rate we paid was a blended rate, with the KOA Value Kard. Rates are higher on weekends. We would camp there again if we come back to NOLA. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

If you go to the French Quarter, parking at the visitor center is a great option. It's $5 for 10 hours, or $10 for 24 hours. You can get the detail at park office.

Featured Campgrounds Near New Orleans KOA

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $53.00

We have been camping a little over 4 years in our 5th wheel rig. We have a generator on board, stacked washer and dryer, and a top mounted Winegard Direct TV Dish. We have discovered over the years commercial campsites are as tight as possible in order to get as many campers in as possible, there is almost never decent WiFi, and they are mostly not in the best part of town. With all of that being said we don't need showers, laundry facilities, etc. because we already have our own. I do find if a campground does keep the areas clean and functional then it is most likely a good campground and that is what we look for. THE KOA River Ridge is small and located in an old neighborhood virtually right on the Mississippi River. It is fenced but not gated so there is only one way in or out. All sites are back ins and the streets are plenty wide enough for maneuvering big rigs (ours is a 41' Big Horn 5th wheel). Spacing is reasonable and the staff is very helpful. This campground does not have a lot of kid activities but does have a swimming pool and some playground equipment. I would stay here again. To me it is a great location for visiting NOLA. The campground offers a free shuttle to the French Quarter. WiFi was good! Water pressure good - we did not use the cable TV because our onboard TV antenna got plenty of local channels. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $44.00

The campground is really nice. We have a nice level spot, however the spot is above the road and there is a bit of a dip that made it difficult to negotiate backing in with a trailer. A few other campsites have the same issue and we watched more than one motorhome unable to negotiate the change of elevation. We have a nice size patio and a picnic table, trees on both sides, and grass. Each shower is a private shower room; there are sinks in the toilet rooms. The laundry has 6 washers and 6 dryers; washer is $1.25 and $.75 for dryer, also very clean. The campground offers a free shuttle into New Orleans every day, and will pick you up. There are train tracks nearby, but the train is not obnoxious. The airport is also nearby, but they don't generally fly over the campground. Depending on the runway they use you either hear the planes or not at all. The staff is wonderful, professional, and helpful. Our site has a tendency to flood, however, the staff was on top of it and kept it at a minimum. At one point we would have had difficulties getting out of the motorhome if we had wanted to. In spite of that, we would definitely stay again. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

A great place for a pedicure is: Serendipity Nail Spa, 5608 Citrus Blvd. #I, Harahan, LA (504) 734-7793. A wonderful hair dresser and hair salon: Lauren at Corey's Salon & Spa, 9101 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA (504) 737-5260 Do not miss The National World War II Museum.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $55.00

The campground is located within a twenty minute drive from the French Quarter. Most people seem to use this location as a place to stay when touring New Orleans. The sites are a bit close together, but in very good shape. The washrooms and showers are exceptionally clean. The service is great. We were processed quickly and someone helped us back in. We would camp here again. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Travel Trailer.

The French Quarter is only a twenty minute drive away. Parking near the river was $20.00 for 3 hrs, but there is cheaper parking near the Welcome Center and street cars are very cheap.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

One of the nicest KOA parks we have stayed at. The people are absolutely superb in their knowledge and service. When taking the free shuttle into town they give to a tour of the city. The sites are wide level concrete with grass in between. Wi-Fi worked OK. The park was so nice we extended our stay. They will also walk you dog while you are away (for a fee). The big complaint is the train noise. The tracks are right in back of the park and while the trains are not frequent they are loud. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $45.00

Pretty decent park for visiting New Orleans and surrounding area. Wifi wasn't great had to sit out side to get good reception. Concrete pad was level and we had a picnic table. Services were in the right spot and cable worked great. Would stay here again. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $45.00

Not as close to the excitement of New Orleans as we would prefer. Park is old and not very updated. We had internet issues too, disappointed us. Park is priced good for what you get. Park was loud with train traffic/noise. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

Bourbon St/Mardi Gras/shopping! Shuttle was not real convienient. We drove into town, but after a few hours on Bourbon we had to wait to drive back, next time I would shuttle in.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $55.00

Old park needs to be redone airport and railroad tracks very close very noisy sites are all back in no garbage pu have to carry it to the very back of the park. Not a destination campground for visiting New Orleans It is convenient shuttle in am pu in pm or they will take you in in pm and find your own way back drive in was very informative and the office staff are very friendly and informative. All sites are back I would stay here if I visited New Orleans again We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $1.00

We stayed here almost 3.5 years while I was working in the area. The park was safe and secure and generally very quite. The staff was helpful when needed and we had no really bad experiences while we were there. It is close enough to the city yet far enough away that you think you are in the country. If we are ever back in the area we will stay there again. Great people and a great park. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

If you go into New Orleans take the shuttle provided by the campground. No hassles with parking.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $39.00

This is an older park, but the main RV sites have a double-wide concrete pads that are set back about 30 feet from the U-shaped street. There is nice grass separating each roomy site. Good power, held at 123 Volts. The campground managers were very pleasant and helpful. All of the sites are back-in. They have transportation to the French Quarter and pick up in the evening. They have cable, good over the air reception, but I had good Dish reception so I didn't use either. The Laundry was $1.25 wash and $.75 to dry. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

The address they have (11129 Jefferson Davis Highway) brings you to a closed entrance. However they are actually located on 290 S Starrett Rd, River Ridge, LA. Using this address, my Garmin GPS took me directly to their office.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $43.00

Exceptionally personable staff working there, that help you get into your lot. Park was very clean. They have a shuttle bus that takes you to the French Quarter in the morning and picks you up in the evening. They have a dog park in the campground. The staff offers a lot of good information on the attractions and even sells tickets to some of the tours. I really enjoyed my stay there. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Travel Trailer.

You can buy a 24 hour street car ticket and ride the street cars as much as you want. A lot of beggars in the French Quarter area, best to just keep walking and ignore them. All meals in the French Quarter are expensive, so be prepared for that.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

This location west of the city worked out well for our two-night stay to see the WW II Museum, since we were headed west and had no traffic hassles departing. A major weather front was crossing the country causing widespread floods, so we had thunderstorms all afternoon and night after arriving. The campground had very large puddles (this is the low country, after all) and KOA staff people diligently used water pumps to remove the worst of the standing water. We took the free (plus tip) shuttle to the museum and Uber $20 plus tip) back. We camped at New Orleans KOA in a Motorhome.

The WW II museum was good but expensive and very crowded on a Wednesday morning in May, so go early. Impossible to cover such a broad subject in one museum, and it seemed as though some superfluous special effects were there mainly to keep kids entertained, but it's worth a visit. We enjoyed lunch in the museum restaurant.

Featured Campgrounds Near New Orleans KOA

Are you affiliated with New Orleans KOA ?