1 Park near Ruston, Louisiana
Dec 2015 - $25.00
Park is beautifully maintained and inexpensive. All sites are power/water/sewer. Most sites are heavily shaded, but a couple have a view between the trees to the south for satellite. Our site (15) had both a satellite view and a lake view. On top of that, we were right in front of the Wi-Fi antenna, so our Internet service was marvelous. Security was top-notch with locked gates at night and park security around regularly. No laundry in the park, which makes it a 9 overall for us. Everything else was excellent. We would definitely stay again. - wandrr
Aug 2015 - $25.00
We have always had difficulty when traveling through LA locating acceptable (to us) campgrounds. This one is a hidden gem. First come for choosing your site but you can call ahead and they will save you one. Just over 3 miles from exit 86 on I 20. No satellite reception and 2 weird channels on antenna. Full bars on AT&T and 4G. Around 4 pull thus among 33 sites. Beautiful, well kept FHU sites on a lake with a paved walking/biking trail just over a mile long. One big loop. Mostly asphalt. - jslyPensacola
Jun 2015 - $25.00
We stayed here for an overnight and found the park to be very nice and the facilities adequate. Here are a few notes:
(1) Only 2 sites are concrete; the rest are asphalt, so bring your jack pads.
(2) The small lake and walking / biking trail was very nice. They also have a great playground.
(3) Reservations are only first come, first served. You pick your site when you arrive. We stayed in #15, which is the longest pull thru.
(4) Almost all sites will require some minor leveling. Bring your boards. Ours sloped 3" toward the passenger side.
(5) Some sewer connections, including ours, were uphill from the pad. The 50amp service and water were great, with plenty of pressure and stable power.
(6) I wouldn't bring more than a 40' rig to this park. There is a tight hill that twists. We took it slowly and had no problem, but had we been any longer, I would be leery.
(7) There is a good place to disconnect / re-connect your toad at the entrance. The road into the campground is a mile or so from the entrance.
(8) The park is very convenient to Ruston, only ~4 miles off the interstate and barely outside the city.
(9) They lock the gate at night, but they'll give you a gate code so you can get back in after dinner. (No worries!) We dealt with 2 park employees during our stay and both were super nice and helpful.
(10) The park internet is useless, but our Verizon Mifi worked fine.
Overall, this is a great stopping place for us, and we will be back. If we have time, we might stay 2 nights to spend more time exploring this very large and beautiful park. (Our rig is a 39' Holiday Rambler.) - dad2aprincess