Pine Crest RV Park

Slidell, Louisiana

Recent Rate: $18 4/2015

R-Gill513

We stayed here for a month in a brand new fifth wheel. We paid $545.05 for the month. You have to put $100 deposit down that they will supposedly mail back to your permanent address when you leave but everyone I've spoken with here says nobody gets it back. The rules state that if you leave tire tracks in the grass, you have to fill them in and put grass seed down. Our entire spot has been under at least 2" of water since we got here and there will undoubtedly be tire tracks when we leave. The managers are extremely rude, the worst I've ever come across. Right after we checked in and parked, I asked if our spot floods when it rains and was told I could build a deck if I was worried about it. The narrow roads are full of potholes, on top of the "speed dips" they have purposefully dug in the roads. The WiFi doesn't work with Apple devices and only works in the office. There are 4 washers & dryers and the laundry is only open during office hours (1/2 day Saturday and closed on Sunday). Also, they do not give change for the machines. I was told I could go to a few different gas stations to try and get quarters. My fiancé and I received a package but I wasn't allowed to pick it up because it had his name on it, not mine. Less than half the sites are paved or gravel. Our spot is mud/grass. It is an RV and mobile home park combined. There are only 2 RV parks in Slidell, so there isn't much of a choice where to stay, but I will definitely not be returning here, ever. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

There is a Walmart and a Winn Dixie 5 minutes away, and it is right off I-10.

Full Timers 2

We enjoyed our two night stay! The roadway was very little gravel and dirt to your very rough rv pad. Give yourself enough room to enter and exit your very narrow rv spot. Plan on your tires being on the slushy muddy grass when entering and exiting. Being a photogapher I really enjoyed the lake at the back end of the park. Lot's of wild birds, turtles, etc.. In our travels fulltime we found this to be on the spendy side...I'm sure because of the proximity to New Orleans. Would we stay again? Maybe! We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

bsb814

We stayed here for 4 nights to visit New Orleans as there isn't much to choose from in the area.

The park is easy to get to & from I-10.

This park is somewhat different than other parks due to the combination of mobile home and RV sites. Plus the office has limited hours on the weekends (open Saturday mornings and closed all day Sunday) so if you plan on arriving when the office is closed, reservations would be good idea if you want the WiFi and restroom access codes.

The interior roads are a mixture of paved & gravel. The roads are narrow so vehicles parked along the road created a problem. The combination of the narrow roads, turn radii and vehicles parked along the roads made the turns tight for longer motor homes.

The "Premium" sites have narrow concrete parking pads. There is a mixture of pull throughs & back ins. The pull through sites were not long enough for our 40' MH with the toad attached. The concrete pads were generally level. Not much privacy between the sites. They have full hook ups - water, electricity (20/30/50 AMP), & a sewer connection that were generally midway along the side of the site. There was an outside table on either a small concrete pad or grass. There were only a few trees in this section so they didn't create much of a problem. But one of them showed signs of being hit by a passing vehicle.

Some of the trees in the park could interfere with satellite reception.

WiFi reception was surprising fast for TengoInternet. But to use the connection, you have to either have or establish an account with TengoInternet.

There was no fenced pet area. There was sufficient area to walk dogs along the park's roads but some of the long term residents allowed their dogs to run at large and had no voice command control over the dogs. There were no bag dispensers around the park to pick up waste. There were receptacles in the middle of the park to dispose of waste. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Markk

Concrete pad was plenty long enough for 35' motorhome and toad. However the concrete is so unlevel that I noticed that leveling jacks had lifted the rear left duals clear off the ground. Then instead of running parallel with the other sites, oddly, site 9 seems to be angled towards the adjacent site. Fortunately the fiver left before I did, otherwise I would have needed to back out. My surge suppressor displayed a reverse polarity warning at the electrical box. Hopefully these were all problems unique to space 9. WIFI, water and sewer worked fine. No cable. No fenced dog run area but plenty of area. Good night lighting around site we were in. Site came with a picnic table and patio. There is a planter in the middle of the entrance/exit so make sure to pull right when exiting left. Bath house was relatively clean with hot water but is pretty old. Rate included La's high hotel tax on rv parks and Good Sam Discount. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tucsonjim

The folks running this park have to be about the friendliest and most helpful we've run into. They gave us great advice on a local restaurant along with a card for a free appetizer. The check in was easy and fast. The streets are wide, and the site was paved and level. The water pressure was 45 PSI, and the voltage was about 118. The site was wide and clean. There is easy access to get to New Orleans, but there is no public transportation. Ask the hosts for a map and directions to the French Quarter and parking. They will gladly accommodate you and make it much easier. The were two reasons I dropped the rating from a 10 to a 9. I can't fathom why I have to drive my very expensive RV over speed bumps (or speed dips in this park). It's tough enough on these rigs with all the rough roads. We don't need to have them beat up in the parks. The other reason was that the exit was not very clearly marked, and it was a little tight getting our long rig out. Be careful when you leave the park. Stay well to the right on the exit if you're turning left with a towed rig. Otherwise, you can get hung up on the entrance curb. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

CousinsRV

We stayed for 3 nights so that we could visit New Orleans and some relatives nearby, much cheaper than sites nearer to New Orleans. Even though the pull-through was level it was a little tight getting in and around the small area for short term guests. This appears to be mainly geared towards permanents, with many mobile homes. The campground is really nice and open, with nice walks especially along the lakes. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tcamper

We stayed at this park only one night while traveling. The park was easy for us to get to and convenient to I-10 and I-12. We paid $37 with our Good Sam discount. They do charge an extra $5 for every child over 10 years old. We had a concrete pull-through site, and I had no problems entering the site or leaving the site. The pedestal was conveniently located for an easy water and electricity connection. They do not have cable TV, but there were plenty of channels from the New Orleans TV stations with my RV antenna. I did have to use one Lynx leveler to get my rig level, even though it was a concrete pad. The park is very full with what appears to be permanent residents, and some of the rigs were total trashy dumps. To us, some were a major eyesore. The rest room and shower facility was small, yet adequate. It was not air conditioned so taking a shower in the heat of the day will be sweltering. They do not have a pool. We did not try the Wi-Fi. Office staff was very friendly and accommodating. Although I would not choose this park for a vacation park, and considered the price too high for what you get, for us it was fine for an overnight stop. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

DonnaZ2011

This RV park is close to I-10 and I-12 and a convenient overnight stop. The sites are narrow but we were able to deploy all 4 slides. There was lots of standing water from recent rain. There seem to be permanent residents at most sites and some were pretty dumpy looking. The roads are narrow with very tight turns which made it difficult to maneuver our 40 ft motorhome. We had site 7 which is a pull through. It was long enough for the motorhome and toad BUT the roads are so narrow we had to unhook the toad and back out of our site to leave. One last word of caution, the park map they give upon registering said not to leave trash outside as it attracts gators. We have 2 small dogs so that was of concern for us even though we would never let them off the leash. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

threehendersons

Stayed here one night while passing through. Good place, near I-10/12 with easy access. Friendly owner/manager. Didn't try WiFi so don't know how it worked. Campground was pleasant and all utilities worked fine. Good TV reception with antenna only. Ask owner about restaurants in town and he can help with suggestions. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Peter McK

Price based on weekly + as we stayed for 10 days due to illness. We thought this was a good park aside from the water damage to the roads. Facilities were in good condition and the staff were very helpful. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

bones1941

This park is fairly large with lots of amenities. The rate of $60.00 was due to it being Mardi Gras, and it definitely isn't worth that much money. It is a good over-night park. The sites are cement slabs with room for a 40 ft motorhome and a toad. They are fairly narrow however. There was water standing near the electric box, which is disconcerting. I would stay here again, but not during celebrations. I camped in a motorhome. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

RVWeGo!

Has good connections. Has level parking. No real amenities. It does have a pond for fishing. Staff is very nice. It's about 30 minutes outside New Orleans, so you don't pay the higher New Orleans rates. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lollyp

The cost was for the days before Mardi Gras, therefore higher than normal. The office staff were very nice and helpful. The washroom shower facilities are very old, but seemed clean. The laundry room is clean. The office does not supply quarters for the laundry machines, nor is there a change machine in the laundry room. The sites are concrete and fairly level, but with all the rain lately, everything in the park is under water. There doesn’t appear to be any drainage in the park. The roads in-between the sites are very narrow and difficult to get around. The office closes at 5pm on Fridays and if your come in after that, you are without internet as you need a code for Tengo. The internet is frustratingly slow and we got kicked off repeatedly. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

jOHNONTHEROAD

Very friendly owners and office staff. Close in location, great for a quick trip to New Orleans. Nice restaurants in the area. However, the park was old, the roads narrow, the spaces narrow. A bit of a push for a big motor home towing. We had rain, and there were puddles everywhere. Our sewer connection was totally under water. Lots of mud off of the pavement. Rate shown is a monthly rate. We would stay here again, but there may be other places we have to check out. But the only ones we've seen next to us was a real dumpy place. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Herb B

This is a nice park with friendly owner that is very helpful about the area and places to visit. We had a concrete pad pull-through site with a patio. Easy in off I-10 and only 20 minutes from New Orleans. Plenty to do and place to eat in the area. We stayed here 4 nights and our rate was Good Sam. Would stay here again. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Top Tips for this Campground

• For short stays get a "Premium" site as they are located at the front of the park. Be sure to mention if you need satellite access.

bsb814April 2015
  • There is a Walmart and a Winn Dixie 5 minutes away, and it is right off I-10.

R-Gill513April 2015

Are you affiliated with Pine Crest RV Park?