Slidell, Louisiana

Slidell, Louisiana 70461

• yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $37.00

Running from hurricane Irma, we called for a reservation and spoke with the owner who understood our anxiety. When we arrived he was there to meet us and made certain we found our site. While we did not know how many nights we would stay, he assured us that we could pay day by day. The site we were in was paved and roomy. Walking the grounds was a joy with paves roads, a lagoon-type waterfront, tall pine trees, lots of grass and very peaceful. The following day we went to the office to pay for one more day where we met the owners mom and partner Lovely people with great hugs! We stayed 5 days. We definitely have Pine Crest on our return list! Located less than one mile from I-10, the park is quiet, safe, close to restaurants, grocery stores, gas and the kindest people you could hope to meet. Go, stay and tell them i sent you! We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt, Grass

30 miles from New Orleans!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $36.00

We selected this park because it had a 9.5 * rating by Good Sam's. I don't think I can rely on Good Sam's for their ratings. We have a camper and therefore often use the facilities. The staff was friendly but the restrooms, especially the mens room was not clean. There were signs posted that you were on camera which really made us feel uncomfortable in the restroom area. We decided to skip our showers that night. The restrooms had wooden benches in need of paint and repair and were dingy. Not a 9.5! A majority of the park occupants were living there. That is not a problem but still, felt like as campers, we were not important. Our site was low and our electric was in water following a rain. I know it is Louisiana and low country, but I felt that more care could have been given. I will not stay here again. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

This is an older park with narrow roads and narrow sites. The sites were concrete but the one we had was all broken up from tree roots as were the stepping stones next to the slab. I was very cautious when walking around the RV - could just see an ankle getting twisted. The sites were close, but not uncomfortably. WIFI wasn't strong at all. The place was clean and the staff friendly. I'd probably stay again for an overnighter, but not for long term although it looked as if people do. Apparently they have a lot of snowbirds along with visitors to New Orleans. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $18.00

We stayed at Pinecrest RV park for a month and enjoyed every moment we were there. The staff is very friendly and the management goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable. We enjoyed the peacefulness and the cleanliness of the park. We will definitely be back soon!! We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $30.00

We stayed at Pine Crest rv park because we were visiting New Orleans for the first time. This park is very close to the highway 10 and is easy to find. We made reservations on our way there and we were lucky to have a site for 2 nights and then the owners found us another site for the 3rd night. Some site are a little tight for big rig so i suggest you make reservations ahead of time. The owners Chuck and his wife were very helpful and gave us instructions on how to go and park downtown near the French Quarters and suggested some of the places to visit. Very peaceful place with wildlife surroundings. Very clean park and friendly staff. We will definitely go back. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $54.00

It took a while to pick this campground. We did a lot of research and the reviews for Pine Crest were fairly good. Of course the negative reviews concerned me but as soon as we pulled in and met the staff we had no doubt we made the right choice. I can't explain how nice the campgrounds are of course the spots in the back are not as nice but our spot was perfect. The campground was built when the campers were smaller so manuvering can be a challenge. We have a 40 ft fifth wheel and we manuvered fine. In short I highly recommend Pine Crest. The owner has plans and it's only going get better. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $40.00

While this is a fairly nice park the sites are tight and the roads getting to them are very narrow. We witnessed many folks having difficulties maneuvering in and out and some of them had to ask the "neighbors" to move their toad or tow vehicle so they could leave. The ladies at the front desk are not even close to being friendly. They offer free Tengo wifi but it is not usable. Our Verizon signal was very good. It is a quiet well maintained park. One side of the park is bordered by water which offers a lot of local wildlife. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Must eat at Phils Marina Cafe which is about a 5 minute drive.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $42.00

Arrived on Saturday and the office is not open on weekends. They leave your information in an envelope on the office bulletin board. I was given a concrete FHU pull-thru site (17). It had a nice concrete patio with a picnic table and grassy area. The site was plenty big enough for my 42' 5th wheel, but I did have to unhook for parking room. Bathrooms & Laundry were nice and clean. They have a lake for fishing and the park is close to stores & restaurants. I used my dish while here and the wi-fi was a little slow, but worked. Park was easy to maneuver around in. Would stay again for sure. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

If you come in on a weekend the office is closed. They will leave your site information in an envelope on the office bulletin board and you square up on Monday.
I stayed in a 42' 5th wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $36.00

Since the last review was quite a while ago on this park, I thought I'd add a more recent one. This is a very clean park with trees surrounding it. The lady who took our reservation on the phone and the gentleman who checked us in were very kind and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this park if you are traveling near New Orleans and need a place to stay. I honestly was very nervous as to what we might be pulling up to after reading some reviews. This was a very pleasant surprise. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

site number 2

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $35.00

We were parked in a low lot - after a rain we were surrounded by 6 inches of water - I asked to move to the lots with cement slabs several times - told they were short term and I was there for a month - I offered to pay the premium price and still denied - left over a week early and will never return. Many sights are flooded with a little rain - If you go stay short time. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

63A

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $37.00

Nice campground. The sites and roads are a little tight and the bathhouse needs to be updated but the location is great. I would have given this campground a much higher rating if the woman in the office hadn't been so rude. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $22.00

Park is set in beautiful grove of pines. Owners are upgrading many areas of this older park. Some sites are narrow. Overall, clean and well kept, far enough off the main highway to be quiet. Close enough for easy access. Everyone was courteous and helpful. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Close to New Orleans, lakes and other places of interest. Easy trip to New Orleans from park. Several local places to eat and shop.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $18.00

We stayed here for a month in a brand new fifth wheel. We paid $545.05 for the month. You have to put $100 deposit down that they will supposedly mail back to your permanent address when you leave but everyone I've spoken with here says nobody gets it back. The rules state that if you leave tire tracks in the grass, you have to fill them in and put grass seed down. Our entire spot has been under at least 2" of water since we got here and there will undoubtedly be tire tracks when we leave. The managers are extremely rude, the worst I've ever come across. Right after we checked in and parked, I asked if our spot floods when it rains and was told I could build a deck if I was worried about it. The narrow roads are full of potholes, on top of the "speed dips" they have purposefully dug in the roads. The WiFi doesn't work with Apple devices and only works in the office. There are 4 washers & dryers and the laundry is only open during office hours (1/2 day Saturday and closed on Sunday). Also, they do not give change for the machines. I was told I could go to a few different gas stations to try and get quarters. My fiancé and I received a package but I wasn't allowed to pick it up because it had his name on it, not mine. Less than half the sites are paved or gravel. Our spot is mud/grass. It is an RV and mobile home park combined. There are only 2 RV parks in Slidell, so there isn't much of a choice where to stay, but I will definitely not be returning here, ever. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

There is a Walmart and a Winn Dixie 5 minutes away, and it is right off I-10.

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $37.00

We enjoyed our two night stay! The roadway was very little gravel and dirt to your very rough rv pad. Give yourself enough room to enter and exit your very narrow rv spot. Plan on your tires being on the slushy muddy grass when entering and exiting. Being a photogapher I really enjoyed the lake at the back end of the park. Lot's of wild birds, turtles, etc.. In our travels fulltime we found this to be on the spendy side...I'm sure because of the proximity to New Orleans. Would we stay again? Maybe! We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2014 - $38.00

We stayed here for 4 nights to visit New Orleans as there isn't much to choose from in the area.

The park is easy to get to & from I-10.

This park is somewhat different than other parks due to the combination of mobile home and RV sites. Plus the office has limited hours on the weekends (open Saturday mornings and closed all day Sunday) so if you plan on arriving when the office is closed, reservations would be good idea if you want the WiFi and restroom access codes.

The interior roads are a mixture of paved & gravel. The roads are narrow so vehicles parked along the road created a problem. The combination of the narrow roads, turn radii and vehicles parked along the roads made the turns tight for longer motor homes.

The "Premium" sites have narrow concrete parking pads. There is a mixture of pull throughs & back ins. The pull through sites were not long enough for our 40' MH with the toad attached. The concrete pads were generally level. Not much privacy between the sites. They have full hook ups - water, electricity (20/30/50 AMP), & a sewer connection that were generally midway along the side of the site. There was an outside table on either a small concrete pad or grass. There were only a few trees in this section so they didn't create much of a problem. But one of them showed signs of being hit by a passing vehicle.

Some of the trees in the park could interfere with satellite reception.

WiFi reception was surprising fast for TengoInternet. But to use the connection, you have to either have or establish an account with TengoInternet.

There was no fenced pet area. There was sufficient area to walk dogs along the park's roads but some of the long term residents allowed their dogs to run at large and had no voice command control over the dogs. There were no bag dispensers around the park to pick up waste. There were receptacles in the middle of the park to dispose of waste. We camped at Pine Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

For short stays get a "Premium" site as they are located at the front of the park. Be sure to mention if you need satellite access.

Are you affiliated with Pine Crest RV Park ?