Hidden Ponds RV Park

Recent Rate: $25 4/2014

Latitude: 30.1923419964273

• yes-lake Waterfront

Axe and Cindy

Blazing fast WiFi, concrete level sites, stocked ponds for fishing, friendly staff, easy highway access, and great water pressure. Lots of open area for dogs to be walked, but no dog park. Great value for the price. We would stay here again! We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

glad2bfulltimer

I have stayed here at different time over the last three years. Currently, I am here for two months. Since my stay in early 2012, the park has had many changes. It is no longer clean. The staff sits outside of the office. If you go to the office, the workers act as if they are put out to have to get up and go inside. The lights on the ceiling fan in laundry are broken with jagged glass hanging. I am very sorry to see this campground going down because it was a very nice place to stay. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

The Roamers

Nice park, paved sites, management friendly and helpful. Easy in and out. Mostly workers and long stays. We recommend this park for over night or longer stays. We will be back. We stayed 9 days. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Motorhome.

Wendywoods

We chose this park because previous reviews below said it was good, and because all the other parks in the Lake Charles area were terrifying. However, that was a mistake. Positives: a nice girl in the office, who seemed to welcome us despite the fact that she had only a couple of spots available, and the cable signal with hookup was strong with nice reception; there is also a nice pond behind the office. Negatives: we were sent to a site with only half the length needed for our rig, forcing us to either block traffic on the road, or unhitch our truck, even though we planned to only stay the night. Plus the grassy bit on one side was littered with dog waste and I had to find wood and pieces of concrete to cover up the mess so we wouldn't step in it in the dark. The restrooms and showers were HIDEOUS: the worst I have ever seen. They were filthy, with used toilet paper on the floors, filthy and falling apart, with full garbage cans, odd wires strung across the walls to supply power to a heater and a light over the sink, but no light switch on the wall and no way to turn it on; showers and tubs stained with gigantic yellow patches that looks like human waste; knobs to turn on the shower were, unbelievably, missing (so I assume you were supposed to bring your own wrench to the shower to turn on the water). The walls of the door frame to the bathrooms were so bowed and warped, that they let in light between the door and the frame: that was all the light you could get. The laundry area had a strong smell of gas, indicating a gas leak, making me think an explosion would be imminent should someone light up outside the laundry. The whole place just smells of raw sewage. I have no idea if the bathrooms are serviced more than once a month, or if anyone maintains this property, but the reviews that follow are totally inaccurate today. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

DAVIDnTRISH

This was a great park to stop overnight! There was no cable TV but offered local channels through the cable cord. The free Wi-Fi was very slow. (Offered 4X's faster Wi-Fi for a fee.) Had escort to space. Was a little tight on the turn-around in park but no problems for my 37 foot rig. Pull through was pretty level and right at front to pull out next day. Lot's of ducks and a goose in pond that horshoed around park. Would stay here again when passing through. Staff very nice! We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

dagopapa

An excellent campground as other reviews said. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi signal (only 76k) was good but uses a system that requires re-registering every 8 hours to get online. This was unnecessary and took time to do. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Jar

This is an excellent campground! Located in a very pretty location; people were very nice and we would definitely stay here again. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Motorhome.

racomarley

Very nice and friendly staff who met us at the entrance and drove us right to our site and then said we could check in after we got set up. Great way to do business. Quiet and restful night as the campground is located over a mile from I-10, so there was no road noise to brother us. We will stay there anytime we are in the area. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

pcbcampergirl

Stayed here for a month. Very nice, plenty of washer and dryers. Left ahead of schedule and they refunded our money. The staff for the most part was nice and helpful. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

reccarey

Any port in a storm. Just pray you don't need this port when there is a storm in Louisiana. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Motorhome.

Truckwheel

This was a good place to spend a night. Close to I-10. There were a lot of workers living there from the hurricane damage. The price was right. I now understand why it is call Sulphur--there is a slight order in the air.They are doing a lot of upgrades to the park. I would stay there again. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

kap7893

We stayed here for only 3 days and I enjoyed the ducks! It had a lot of spots and though they were closer together than I like it was fine. It has a big pond, lots of ducks, and has a brilliant glow at night. :) Also within 30 minutes to the Lake Charles casinos. I enjoyed it and would stay again. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

SmokemanGRP

We chose this campground because of a recent favorable write up in Trailer Life so we had high expectations. As it turned out, it was nothing fancy. They do not accept credit cards; cash or check only. When making a reservation I confirmed that they had ?E-mail access in the office?, as their ad claims, thinking there would be a computer setup with Internet access. While checking in I was told there was a room with modem access. I told her I didn?t have a modem with me and she said there was one already in the room. As it turned out, the only thing ?in the room? was a simple phone line. I think a lot of locals full time there because between 5:00 am and 6:00 am dozens of pickups left and then returned in the evening, many parking alongside the roadway making them quite narrow. It was a convenient location to visit the Creole Nature Trail which we highly recommend (the trail, not this campground) and there is an excellent Cajon seafood restaurant within a mile or two, The Boiling Point. Washed a weeks worth of laundry; laundry room was clean but half of the washers were older. Did not use the showers or bathrooms. We?ll look for something else next time. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Motorhome Madness

The park was quiet, which is the best I can say for it. The restrooms were dirty and had no soap dispenser or paper towels. The Good Sam rate was $17.55. The gravel road inside the park was in poor condition with big potholes. The owners were non-responsive to needs. Also, we dropped our travel trailer there and went to a business meeting that would last until 9:00 p.m. During the meeting, I happened to look at the brochure they had given us and it said they lock the bathhouses at 9:00 p.m! I tried calling the office at 7:00 p.m. and got no answer, not even an answering
machine. It turned out that the bathhouses were not locked after all. We did get a shower that night, even though we hated to use the facilities because they were dirty. Also, our pad was very slanted - far from level. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

It's a good place to park overnight and use as a base camp for visiting places around Lake Charles. There's nothing to do at the RV park though. Next time I will try nearby Sam Houston Jones State Park. We camped at Hidden Ponds RV Park in a Motorhome.

Texas Pelican RV Park

Vinton, Louisiana

Twelve Oaks RV Park

Lake Charles, Louisiana

Choupique RV Park

Sulphur, Louisiana

Are you affiliated with Hidden Ponds RV Park?