Beaver Dam Campground

• Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Beaver Dam Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $50.00

This inland park was chosen as a jumping-off spot for day trips to southern Maine and Portsmouth, N.H. A reverse polarity condition was detected by our electrical protection equipment at the first assigned site, #20. Management readily agreed to a site change to #13 (another 30-amper, at a slightly higher price). It passed the electrical tests and was surfaced with gravel rather than sand. It did take several boards to level our motor home. Rules took up entire page of tiny type - estimated to be more than 1,200 words - and did not mention that guests were charged fees. WiFi was very good in the near-empty park. The day after Labor Day the swimming pool was already closed. Clam Chowder at Union Bluff Hotel in York Beach was as excellent as it was when we tried it a couple of years ago. The Oar House in Plymouth provided a fine dinner. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Motorhome.

A hike to Balancing Rock in the Orris Falls Conservation area was a fairly easy 3 ½ miles long. The Falls were just a gurgle. A tour of the Plymouth Moffatt-Ladd House included a lot of history, and a tree dating back to the Declaration of Independence. A farm market down the road from the park had lots of fresh produce. Some prices were higher than at a weekly farmers' market near City Hall. A Hannaford super market is nearby.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $47.00

They charged for every thing , For people to visit 6.00 per person 25 cents for 6mins.at bath house. One Lady was real nice and the other lady was real rude. Would not stay again, I saw a lot more nice parks is the area. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Motorhome.

34A

site seeing was near by and shopping was near/

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $47.00

Another great stay at Beaver Dam. Our site was perfect, great location, full hook up, plenty of space and nice stone pad to park on. This was a beautiful, quiet peaceful weekend and we loved every minute of it. You can't go wrong camping here. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

A wonderful campground, large clean sites, updated/clean bathrooms & showers, family activities, kayak rentals, nice beach and crystal clean pool. Staff are friendly, welcoming, and helpful. We will definitely be coming back and inviting friends and family. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Motorhome.

24 and 39

Annual Strawberry Festival in town, easy drive to coastal Maine sites.

Featured Campgrounds Near Beaver Dam Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $52.00

The park is kept pristine. The owners work from sun up until sun down to keep everything beautiful. Park is small and quiet. It has everything to make your stay enjoyable. It is a hidden gem that we enjoy and will be on our list of yearly trips. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Motorhome.

4 waterfront

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $50.00

Waterfront lots are quiet and enjoyable. Full hookup (sewer) sites are at a premium, so hard to get during busy times. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Very nice and well kept campground. People were very nice during stay. Not a lot to do, but very quiet. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $45.00

My rating as a "rustic" camping experience is a 4 (poor); my rating as a "family" camping experience is an 8. (good) Nice family campground with lots to do for the kids. This seems to be a local spot for it's day-use activities. They have a swimming beach on a small pond, rental boats/kayaks/canoes, a small putt-putt course, basketball goals, a game room for the kids, etc. The sites are very close, but level and shaded for the most part. About 2/3 are long term campers. CG is well maintained and clean, and the friendly owners put a lot of effort into the CG. The bathrooms were older but clean. Showers are coin operated. Interior roads are gravel but wide enough. Good base to do stuff in the area or if you are just passing through (which was my case), but it wouldn't be a destination for me since I prefer the rustic camping experience. We were in site 5, which was plenty long enough for our fifth wheel and truck. We had 50 amp power, but not all sites do. Verizon coverage was 2/5, lots of TV stations from surrounding towns. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Fisherman's Catch a few miles away has excellent seafood. Whole lobster, lobster rolls. In my opinion, the best value they have is the Fisherman's Catch Platter for two for $35 - haddock, clams, shrimp and oysters.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $42.00

This is a real nice park. It was extremely quiet the weekend we were there which is just what the doctor ordered. Peaceful and restfull was great. The owners were very friendly and made us feel welcome. Easy to walk around with plenty to do in the off season. Not far to the coast and Wells or York Beach. This was our second time here and my wife was wondering why we do not go here more often so I guess we will be back. It was an easy ride coming from exit 3 of the Maine Turnpike. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $50.00

We really enjoyed the pool. Beware - ice, ice cold. For us, that was okay. Hot humid day, and low chlorine level made for a nice dip and good conversation. Putt-putt golf was fun, but pricey. We had a gorgeous lake site. With the good comes caution on tree roots. The fire pit was the deepest I've seen and rocks just stacked made for complicated marshmallow roasting. But I liked the artistry of it. The stock info on Beaver Dam said 60 sites, but I counted 73. Am noting this because restroom facilities are way under-designed. Three toilets and three showers. Coin showers were okay once you learned how to use them, but chances of an ice cold shower are high. Threading seems reversed for the knobs. I notice port-a-potties by the big rig section. Beaver Dam should consider putting in two of the new style solar latrines. Technically, staff cleans twice a day, but we found owners in often just sweeping and keeping things to a minimum clean. The floors take a beating. But overall, okay. Just adds to stress of the stay. Clearly, the owners work hard. I overheard a child zooming on a bike say to another," I want to live here all the time, don't you?" Not "I wish" but "I want". To be real...activities are limited during the week, and additional costs will add up. The lake looks great. Missed out on renting a boat due to structure of our trip. Neighbor boys appeared to fully enjoy fishing from shore and boats they launched. The dog park is a nice gesture, but it was empty and our dog un-interested. I'm a little dismayed at having to reserve more time at the site than neighbors who popped in and out. We also had a better experience with late check-in than others have reported. We lost 4 hours in severe traffic backup, and staff was good about allowing us entry before 9 PM. For proximity to Dover, NH, the coast and overall, Beaver Dam is a worthy choice. (I added the non-refundable reservation fee into the nightly rate) We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $38.00

Park is beautiful. The owners work nonstop. Office help was polite and helpful. They have a dog park that is in fair condition and gets used regularly. The majority of the sites that back up to the pond do not have sewer. But with that said they have a fantastic view. There activities are based on children and are run on the weekends. Close proximity to all of Maine's popular southern beach areas. You get one hour of free Wi-Fi each day but you can buy a daily/weekly service for a fair price. No cable TV offered. That I would have liked for an extended stay. Will return. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $45.00

This is a nice little park and everyone was friendly. Site was plenty big for what we needed and all hookups were good; cable would have been nice. Planned activities as well as other things to do. Pool looked nice and people were using the beach. Owners were very involved in everything and you saw them throughout the day. Offered shelter to anyone who needed it due to storm coming up the coast. From here we found it easy to get to both York Beach and Old Orchard Beach. Site was level so side to side we were set when we pulled in which made set up a breeze. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $40.00

Very relaxing and peaceful place to camp. The staff were exceptionally friendly. There are so many things to do nearby in this tourism-friendly southern Maine area that I didn't take in much that the park offered, but they certainly offer a lot (waterfront walking, boat rentals, mini-golf, pool, & scheduled activities). I would definitely return, and if I lived nearby I'd certainly consider this park for my regular get-away spot. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $46.00

Beaver Dam was a very nice place. Clean and modern. The owners were on site and very helpful. They kept the campground very pretty with flowers and shrubs. The sites were well manicured. A nice feature was trash barrels on your site, and there was trash pick up. The store was a bit over priced, but that is to be expected. Great fishing. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $38.00

Very nice campground. Kept up very well. Very busy over a July weekend but quiet at night. Every one was friendly. Lots of activities. A word of caution. If you are coming from the west there is just a small sign hanging on the back side of the mail box. Even going slow I missed the entrance. I went about a mile and turned around at the entrance to the high school. Coming from the west heading east there is a guard rail at the entrance. My motorhome is 38 ft and I am towing an extra cab pickup. Without going into the oncoming lane of traffic I swang as wide as I could and still hit the back door, bedside and fender flare on the guard rail. Be cautious when entering this campground. We camped at Beaver Dam Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Beaver Dam Campground

Are you affiliated with Beaver Dam Campground ?