Lake Pemaquid Camping

Damariscotta, Maine

Recent Rate: $38 7/2013

• yes-lake Waterfront

kmgulf

Campground is on lake, but access is limited. Most lake side sites are small or have seasonal campers. Roads and sites are dirt and gravel. Sites are scattered thru forest and can be tight, close to neighbors and not level. Lots of activities for kids. Close to shopping, restaurants, etc. We would probably look elsewhere to have some peace and quite. We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Motorhome.

Happy Camper X2

Returning after 11 years away, this is a nice park, sites looked a little rough when we first arrived but once we were set up they were just fine. Very friendly at check in. No cable but we were able to get a few digital channels on the TV to catch the news. The boys loved the skate park and BMX trail as well as motor boating on the lake, they have put this on the must return list for next year. We enjoys the area and took a trip to Boothbay Harbor, also enjoyed the mini golf course that they have. All in all a nice weekend. Did not swim in the pool or lake but both seemed nice, enjoyed the entertainment from our site. We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Travel Trailer.

Heidemarie

We stayed two nights, and I liked it a lot. We weren't happy with the site that they assigned to us, but when I asked if we could have another site, they gave us one that we picked. The playground is super (makes you want to be a kid again). I haven't been to the pool, but it looked nice. The view to the lake is gorgeous. (We didn't have a lake-view site.) I would camp there again, no doubt. We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Motorhome.

gr8outdoors53

Hooray for Lake Pemaquid! All I can say is it's so beautiful!!! The ride up to Damariscotta, the campground, the area, even the site are all so beautiful. The facilities are fine and always nice and clean every time we go there. This is camping the way I remember it when I was a kid. My kids are getting older, but they still love to ride the choo-choo! For the guys, it's all about the fishing. Every year we create new, great memories and this year was no exception. Laid back and relaxed is how I would describe this place. One of our favorites in Maine! We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Tent Trailer.

zen_letitbe

This park has a lot of trees (and shade)? While we were here it rained and rained and rained, so we really couldn't tell about the shade. Sites were such that the utilities were a stretch from our hook-ups. Please pickup your dog’s droppings every time. Thanks! We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

markandanne

This campground has a lot to do for a family if you don't mind spending money; right on the lake with tennis, mini golf, swimming, canoes, aqua-bikes, kayaks, and even power boats for rent, as long as you don't mind spending money. They have several playgrounds, a pool, multiple hot tubs (even two designated for kids) and a large Rec hall with stuff for teenagers in the evening. In our opinion the nicest sites are those without sewer hookups, because there are a lot of permanent setups where there are sewers, which is unfortunately where we wound up. The "woodland" sites with sewer are jammed in together and you feel like you are in a trailer park, whereas the non-sewer "hill" sites are just like being in a state park, with privacy and woods and a price discount as well. Some of the waterfront sites are spectacular, although it would be difficult to get a larger trailer backed into a few of the sites on the peninsula. So ambiance of the park varies widely through the park, even within one region. Also some sites were wet and some were dry with Maine's wet summer, which would be difficult to plan for. Relatives of ours without campers rented cabins and were very happy with the cabins. We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Travel Trailer.

shawnepeak

The campground is kid friendly, but the activities are half-hearted, the skate park is run down and dangerous, the pool is not heated, the laundry is broken and only has cold water, the customer service is TERRIBLE, The woman at reservations is rude and could careless if you stay there or come back for a repeat stay. I have been staying here for 2 wks or more for the past 6 years and they do not even know my name or care if I come back. I brought a few "problems" to their attention and I the reply was if you do not like it go some where else! I normally do not complain so this was a total shock to me. I would not recommend this campground to anyone except rude tourist! We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Travel Trailer.

User901

This is a great place for kids - we have two little boys. They had been bored at Searsport Shores - there just weren't any kids around and no activities. Then we got here and there was plenty for them to do. There is a small zipline that they spent hours on, and a skateboard park that they played at even though they didn't have a skateboard. It has a cottage feel - it isn't fancy or perfect, but the activities really help. There is a pool and hot tubs - we liked that they had two hot tubs for kids. They have a free newspaper which is a nice touch. All in all, the kids really enjoyed it - and that is what makes a holiday! We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Travel Trailer.

B. P. Donelan

Even though the weather wasn't very cooperative, my family had a great time. The playground is great. They have a zip line that my older children loved. There were dances or entertainment almost every night (except Sunday). We were able to go on Chucky's Choo Choo and a fire engine ride during our eight nights. The lake level was really high from all the rain and a couple of sites were under water. My kids enjoyed fishing in the lake and my five year old caught his first fish. We will definitely go back and have reserved our site for next year. The snack shop isn't very expensive. My wife got a cooked lobster one night for under $10.00. Look forward to next year!!! We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Travel Trailer.

Hargus

This is another great review for this campground. The restrooms and shower were adequately cleaned, it was very busy. All staff I spoke with helpful. My son noticed a broken swing in one of the play areas and it was fixed the next day. This is a very well run campground. This is a wooded campground but it is hilly in some areas, although the site are for the most part level. The waterfront site are good if you can get one. That area is kind of tight and open. But good. We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Tent Trailer.

katzy

The Bathrooms were not immaculate, but were clean, the showers were clean, hot, and powerful. Campground itself is clean and well kept. The store is very well stocked and wasn't priced extremely high, although the younger girls working there were not the friendliest. The lake was nice with many items to rent, although there is not much of a beach at all to just go for the day, mostly sites on lake. We would go back if we could get a site on the lake, it was beautiful. We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Travel Trailer.

B. P. Donelan

This is our sixth year coming here and we love it. The campground has lots to do. You can go in the pool, hot tubs(4), or in the lake. They have a skate board park that my kids like to ride their bikes at. They have five playgrounds thru out the park. They have cabin rentals as well as houses. The snack bar and store are well stocked and they have the best french fries. They even have lobster and some times clams. The reason for not a ten was there was trash in the fire pit from the previous camper that wasn't cleaned out. Will definitely be back next year. We camped at Lake Pemaquid Camping in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Lake Pemaquid Camping?