Ellsworth, Maine

Ellsworth, Maine

2 Our Way
Ellsworth, Maine 04605

Elevation: 206' (approximate)
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $35.00

A nice small clean RV park. Sites and interior roads are gravel. Good 50 amp power, WiFi worked 99% of the time, and site T-6 was clear of trees so our satellite dish worked. The owners/managers were gone most of the time but that did not cause any problems for us. The location of the park is away from the noise and crowds. We camped here for a week in a big rig. The only complaint I have: there is a lot of road construction going on around Ellsworth and this caused some delays. That complaint doesn’t really have anything to do with the campground. We would camp here again. The $35/day rate included discounts. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $21.00

We stayed two nights. It was near season's end, and the place was a shambles and very untidy. We used Passport rate and so received a 50% discount. Had there been another location close by, we would have moved. We would not stay there again. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $35.00

We had some friends visit this CG and experienced the same as we did two years ago. The dust has turned to "pot holes", the young children still run the office check-in, the owner only available when problems. Our friends did not want to write to this RV Review: just kiss off this place but, their attitude in the way we were treated left such a bad taste in our mouth we had to write on their behalf. If you are looking for CG in that area: go 3 miles further and look in Trenton, Me area. The stress level will be much better than Hospitality. This CG needs to "sell out" and let someone with interest run it! We and our friends will NEVER stay here again !!! We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $20.00

We spent three nights here using as a base camp to visit the Bar Harbor/Acadia area. It sits back in the woods and because of the unpaved roads it was dusty. You could say it has two levels; the top is kind of an open field with little of no shade and the bottom part is shaded with lots of trees and quiet. We stayed on the bottom level and it was somewhat tight for my 34 ft 5th wheel but not a challenge. Not sure how old the campground is but it seemed new rather new because it had fresh cut trees and some of the lower sites had more than usual brush between them.. The site I had was nice and I had no problems with my hook ups. The restrooms were very clean and it had nice laundry facilities. Didn't seem to have much for kids to do. For the price $20 (Passport Campground) it was nice and close to the area's attractions and met our needs as a base camp. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $29.00

Owners still need to take care of the potholes. Water pressure was so-so. But electric was great. Nice quiet place. Free Wi-Fi could get at the trailer. Easy in and easy out. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $30.00

A nice quiet park. We had a pull thru which was fairly level. Not perfect, but not bad. We also thought the water pressure was so-so. The WiFi for me worked great. The potholes in the entrance/exit road were horrible. When we were here, the owner was only around part-time, very difficult to contact. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $21.00

Hospitality Woods: Sounds inviting doesn’t it? Images of kindly retired couples passing out cookies and cocoa to the weary travelers comes to mind. What we found is possibly the crankiest RV Park in the lower 48 states! When we arrived at about 3:00PM the office was closed. There was a chalk board that instructed you to slip cash in the mail slot or write down your credit card number and expiration date and slip it under the door. We came to learn that the office/store is closed most of the time. My wife goes up to the office door to get a camp map and is greeted by a young kid and big ole dog. The dog doesn’t like my wife. The dog starts barking and circling her. I fumble for my pepper spray and grab the dog dootie bags by mistake. I would be useless if this was a bad guy I was confronting. I finally grab the pepper spray, leap (sort of) from the truck, and run (gimp) to my bride’s rescue. The dog left before I got there, trotting happily after his mistress, tail high. What we found is what was a once nice campground, gone to seed. The sites were nice sized, with full hookups, although there was a hand written note that said the cable TV didn’t work in the park. This was no doubt because the park is letting in riff raff such as us, at half price. A posting on the window says: "We offer discounts as a courtesy. We set the rules and you have them in your membership books. If they are not good enough for you, then you can go elsewhere. If you are unable to pay our low rates, here is the number of the welfare office." That was just a small sample. We make our way to a site at the back of the park, with no neighbors to bother us. The site was not mowed and full of weeds, but it was level and we were happy to get stopped for a couple of nights. I set up the satellite dish and we are good to go. After we get set up, I sit down and read the “rule sheet” for Hospitality Woods. Without any exaggeration, there were 30 rules and regulations that filled the page from top to bottom! Examples would be “If you plug into a 50 amp by mistake, even if you have a 30 amp rig YOU WILL BE CHARGED! My favorite was “NO REFUNDS FOR SHORTENED STAYS, PLEASE DON’T ASK” I guess that more than one camper found the campground less than optimum. I find it ironic that a campground hates campers. Oh well, we are here for 2 days and we are out sight seeing for most of the time. This is where Hospitality Woods shows just how inhospitable they really can be. Hoses are hooked up and I pull the valve on the BLACK water tank. Remember, black water is the stuff that goes down the toilet. Things start dumping as normal when all at once, the park’s sewer system plugs up. I’ve now fertilized the weeds in Hospitality Woods. Oh the humanity. This was the most disgusting sewer dumping event in my history. I’m gagging and choking, trying to water down the mess to at least thin it out. For the next 30 minutes I am trying to clean out my hoses and wash up the mess. I finally get things put up and away. I go in the rig and wash up. Yuck I understand the trials and tribulations and expense of running a campground, but if you hate the job or the campers, perhaps a different line of work is in order! This place has potential, but under the current management I wouldn't hold my breath. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $30.00

I've been to this campground before. It is okay, but there are blood suckers in the lake. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $28.00

The good news: campground is quiet as it is well off US 1. It is located very close to Ellsworth, and fairly close to Mt. Desert Island, and Bar Harbor. Voltage & water pressure were good. Most sites are long and wide. The family running the campground is friendly. Compared to other campgrounds in the area, it is a good value. The bad news: sites are not very level, with many sites having a distinct slope at the front. Dumpsters are allowed to overflow for days at a time. Interior roads are full of potholes. WiFi, while free, is very slow, with many outages. No cable, and satellite reception is iffy. We would return. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $28.00

Very nice park. Sites were large and easily accessible. Would be nice if cable were available as tv reception is poor. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $27.00

This is our 4th visit to this peaceful campground. The things that keep us coming back are it's large campsites, proximity to Ellsworth's shopping and dining, and minimal highway noise. For some unfathomable reason, it's never crowded, a huge bonus point. Acadia is just a quick half-hour ride, and Schoodic just a tad further. We took advantage of a rainy morning yesterday in order to do laundry. Clean well-lit modern machines, even an iron and board were available. The wireless never failed... using it now to write this. And on the negative side; my pet peeve. Off level RV parking. This site was a 2 board site.. This was offset by the spacious, grassy area. ...we'll be back. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2006 - $27.00

This is a good park for those of us who like quiet rural settings, with large open or shaded sites, no obvious seasonal campers, no planned activities, no highly manicured grounds, and a state park type setting. Our German Shepherd Dog is welcome, and there is plenty of room to take her for walks. For those of us who have too large an RV for many state park settings, but still like that type of camping, this is a great alternative. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2004 - $30.00

The campground itself is very good. All sites are pull through and are all full hookup sites. There are back in sites, but those are seasonal sites. The campground has problems though. The grounds needed better upkeep, as the sites were not mowed,nor cleaned after check out. Conditions that should be corrected. The campground could also use some additional lighting within the site area. After dark the only lighting is the outside light at the restrooms. The restroom/shower area was in need of clothes hooks. Have to agree with a previous posting as to the attitudes of the owners towards the RVing public. We were there at the same time the repairs were being made to the campground. It was not pleasant. We also had problems with reservations that were made for or by some friends, this occurred not once but twice during our stay. Their motto, "Where everyone is treated like family", is a misnomer, but then they may treat their family the same. The bad attitudes are going to cost them in lost sales. We had used this campground three years in a row for our yearly vacation to the State of Maine, but for 2005 we chose to spend our money elsewhere. We camped at Hospitality Woods RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Hospitality Woods RV Park ?