Old Orchard Beach, Maine

Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts)

Recent Rate: $79 7/2016

• Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes
  • Ocean Ocean yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $70.00

Very fast check-in. Nice level site with ample 50 amp, water, and sewer. Tree shaded us well. I needed to use printer/scanner and the gal at the desk allowed me to use their office equipment, very nice! We rode our bikes to the beach, took no time at all. Pools were clean and well kept. Overall a very nice park and I would be happy to return. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Motorhome.

T106

Bike or walk to the beach to avoid the parking charges.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $79.00

We stayed here again with friends and this place just puzzles me. We made a last minute reservation because of a cancellation. The reservation is lacking as site are empty but they have them listed as full. The good about this stay is we could walk to the beach and into town, our site was good size, the pool was close by and the noise was not bad. There is a train that is close (a track and freight) but that does not bother me. Check in was fine. The site was dirty with cigarette butts and other trash, it would have been nice if that was picked up. We had a couple fires even with the hot weather, hook ups were fine and the wifi was great. I cannot put my finger on it but I just cannot warm up to this place. Anyway, good for the beach but for me, that is it. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $74.00

This is very much a large resort with year round trailers as well as a few transient campers. There are 5 pools and 3 hot tubs and loads of activities to do. Trees made the site pleasant. There was a fire ring and picnic table and excellent WiFi. All hookups worked well. The place was extremely crowded on Memorial Day weekend but calmed down afterward. You could walk to the ocean from the campground. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Fifth Wheel.

T65

Walk the Old Port. See the Victoria Mansion and Portland Observatory.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $50.00

I planned on giving this campground a 1 after the issues we had over reservations and all the mess ups from the sales of the campground and based on our last trip there. We only go here because of friends that like it there. The new owners are Sun Reserts, this is no longer Morgan or NASCAR Resorts. Our reservation finally turned out OK, the check in was so easy and we did not have to deal with or have any problems with staff or anything. We were near the back so we used the back gate a lot. In the end we had a fine time, even with the rain, and the site worked out well. We even talked about going back again next year but our friends booked the same week and we cannot camp the same week next year. Voltage on the first day seemed somewhat low as AC and fridge did not seem to work well, it was 96 out but we put the water heater on gas and all was fine. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $66.00

We camped here with 3 other families, each of us showing up on different days. The Good: We liked our site and saw many other sites that we would like, we were in the back section of the campground, not far from the back gate and the walk to the beach. We were near a bathhouse and they were able to put all 3 families next to each other so that was good. There is a train, close by, but it did not bother us, we actually enjoyed it. We were able to walk to Old Orchard center and the Pier from where we were which was nice. For the reasons above, we would stay here again, not so sure for the reasons below. The Bad: Like their title, this place is too busy and too big for their own good. NASCAR Resorts at Wild Acres... well add into this, Virginia RV and Tenting because they have now combines this them and have a connector road as well as one check in area for both resorts. Add into this Morgan Resorts as they are a part owner or owner of NASCAR or owned by NASCAR or something. In addition, Ideal Properties is also involved and owns part of or some sites or something so no one knows who is running what. They do not come out of their offices unless it is the check on the construction projects, luckily we could not hear them from our site but some poor campers had to listen to it all day long. The Ideal people are using the office help to push for you to attend a sales meeting to buy something whether it be a time share or camp membership or something. I actually agreed to this but was then turned away when I arrived because I was camping with my son and not my wife, what a waste of time. In addition, they are so busy trying to get you to go to the meeting that they do not give you half of what you need to check in. All 3 families were treated differently at check in, only 1 had to register pets, only on had to register bikes etc., some where told what was going on, others not on and on. If they can limit the number of companies that own them and streamline check in, it might work out for them, not sure though. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $50.00

The process of registering and vehicles in the driveway is a huge issue clogging up the driveway. The sites are not level for the size of the Rv's they are putting on them. The sites need to be graded to correct leveling issues. They need to enforce the biking after dark and skateboard rules. All in all it is a nice park, and the multiple pools is a plus. We would stay here again if we visit this area. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $43.00

Site was not level: took several inches of board to level our 40' rig. Sites are dirt/sandy with no rock or grass. However, my biggest complaint is why does a sewer hookup have to run uphill from a unit? Their pipe is up 14" from the ground before you even attach your hose and connector. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $50.00

When we arrived, we were greeted by very friendly staff. Check in was easy and simple and we were escorted to our sites. Our sites weren't the greatest. Very dusty and not very level. It was our first time there, we booked last minute and had slim pickings. Most of the other sites we saw were very nice. The campground including the bathrooms were very clean with free hot showers. Pool and hot tub area were fantastic. It was great having a kiddie pool. Be prepared to drive to the beach parking area which is 2/10's of a mile from the beach.There is only one dump station and it wasn't very easy to get to. All in all it was a goo stay and we would certainly come back! We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $50.00

When we arrived at the resort I had to do a double take becase apparently this campground has recently been acquired and the name is actually NASCAR RV Resorts at Wild Acres by Morgan RV Resorts, whew long name but we made it. Check in was a breeze and we were escorted to our site which was extremely small and located on a corner of the main road, I accept that because we booked last minute, there are dozens of wooded and private sites available which I noted for our next trip. Park is extremely clean, bathrooms and showers are clean and the showers are free. Has multiple pools all very well maintained. Also has 4 hot tubs: 2 are 18+, 1 is 5-12 and 1 is 12-18 and all are within site of the adult tub so you can keep an eye on the little ones. They also have a very nice gathering area with picnic tables and a large screen to project movies, sporting events etc. There's also a mini golf course on site. Campground is close to Old Orchard Beach however the 2/10 of a mile claim is from the back entrance which is not the entrance to the park, good news is they have a parking lot you can park at and walk saving you $$$$. My only complaint and it's not with the park, was we used the trolley service that services several of the local campgrounds for $1 each way to Old Orchard Beach, although it was convenient when we were returning to the campsite there was a group of about 6 teenagers from Canada that were total jerks, swearing and yelling out the open air sides of the trolley, the driver and his partner never said one word and I had to interven once it got real raunchy as I have two small kids. However I would highly recommend the campground and strongly advise people to avoid the trolley. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $42.00

If you are a beach person, Wild Acres is for you. It is about a 1/8-1/4 mile walk to the beach and a 1 mile walk to the pier in Old Orchard Beach. The help is OUTSTANDING, they go out their way to help. I sent an email requesting an extra picnic table and it was on our site when we arrived. We stayed here for their spring special (May 1st to June 25th) at site L16. Beware that the "L" sites are close to the railroad tracks. We got use to the train noise very quickly and didn't hear it after the first night. We will be going back next year for the spring special. Our site was pretty level with gravel and grass. Wi-Fi is available around the office. The only improvement I would suggest is that they provide Wi-Fi throughout the park. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $60.00

My 2 daughters and I traveled the NEast this summer for six weeks in our new TT. We had a blast. We stayed at Wild Acres for the last week of our trip, and it was a great way to end our trip with such a great campground. This campground is worth every penny! Lucky for us, we got it on sale at the end of the season. Parking and check-in were a piece of cake. We were escorted by someone in a golf cart to our site (the first pull through of the summer: what a luxury!) and he made sure we were all set, then came back to check on us an hour later...how nice. Perhaps it was because I am a mom with 2 young girls on our own, but in any case, I thought this practice spoke volumes about the park, and no other park had done this, so I was impressed. Our site was large enough: no trees, but in Maine, that was just fine. Under our window were a few bushes of wild blueberries! We picked them in the morning and I made blueberry pancakes for us, not joking! The park is clean and obviously well cared for. My daughters loved it. They rode their bikes all over and everyone drove slowly and was very friendly. The paved roads were nice and we had a lot fewer bike falls at this park as a result. The pools are beautiful and the hot tubs were great. There are four hot tubs, separated by ages, which I think is a fantastic idea. There's one for kids, one for teens, and two for adults. The kid one was kept on the cool side, but still warm enough that the girls could warm up in it between rounds in the pool. They did not want to go to the beach at all: the pools were just too nice. Too bad they are right next to the main road: it was so loud! But the girls didn't even notice that. Other children were well-behaved at the pool. We were in some campgrounds this summer where the kids acted like imbeciles: but the crowd here was really nice. Perhaps the higher fees attract more middle class families. Fine with me. We took the trolley into the town one day and the girls loved it. I surprised them with the amusement park. I bought them arm-bands for the day, and since it was mid-week, there were no lines. The girls rode about 100 rides I think and I read a cheesy novel on the many benches located around the park. After having to walk all over a Six-Flags theme park earlier in the summer, the simplicity of this park was appreciated by all. We wished we could have stayed another week at this campground (we stayed seven nights) but had to go home and get ready for a new school year to begin. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $35.00

I would rate this CG higher, but I was put off by their claim: “2/10 miles to beach.” Literally that is correct: from the extreme rear point of the CG. But from the front of the CG to that rear point is 1 mile. When we arrived, we found our site very unlevel. When we complained, they offered a couple of other unlevel sites or some flat sites that were in the middle of lakes caused by the recent rain. The choice: a leveling problem or a mosquito problem. Hmmm. Another complaint: They sent staff with boards to help us level. We were able to get a passably level motorhome. I give them credit for doing what they could to correct a problem. Also there is a nearby railroad track with a few trains at all hours that is very close to some sites. Long ago, I bought earplugs. We were not offered a free newspaper. Would we be back? I don't know. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $55.00

We stayed July 4th weekend in 2008 and had a great time! The staff was friendly. The grounds and facilities were very clean. The 2 pools and 4 hot tubs near our site were a welcome change from the beach. I will definitely go back. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $65.00

This was a very clean campground. We camped off season so it was quiet. The pool was very clean and our son really enjoyed the hot tub. You can walk to Old Orchard Beach from the campground. There were a lot of seasonals, but they were very well kept. A good location to see the local sites. The one downfall was that you could hear the traffic from the campground. Daily newspaper was free. We would return, but probably off season. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $42.00

Park is fine for this area. You can get to the beach from the back end of the park. We camped at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground (formerly NASCAR RV Resorts)?