Megunticook Campground

Rockport, Maine

Recent Rate: $37 7/2014

Rollenhome

Hilly Gravel streets. Showers and restrooms are in need of renovation. Very shady park. Wi-Fi only available in clubhouse and office. $20 fee demanded for early check-in. Park shows children's movies in evenings. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Linda VA2

We were a little concerned with some of the negative reviews, but overall, pleasantly surprised. We have a nice pull through site, and there are very few people here now, so we can walk across the road and see the pretty stream. Further down toward the ocean that same stream cascades over rocks and small waterfalls with ferns everywhere. The view of the harbor is breathtaking, and the area by the water has chairs, benches, and picnic tables. Lots of plantings throughout the area. People were very helpful, and the sites have some foliage between them. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mr October

This is the first time I've been deceived by this review site. I chose Megunticook based on the 9 & 10 ratings it had here in the last couple of years. Wow. Was that disappointing. The rather high rate per night is based on the "by the Sea" part of the name. Other than that there is nothing at this campground to justify nearly $50.00/night. There is no w-ifi. The campground was all but empty, yet we were put on site 1 which is nearly on Route 1, so we had traffic noise all night. The site was nothing close to level nor were any of the sites. I walked to the water. It is a small deck with a pleasant view and several run down chairs and picnic tables that looked like they would collapse if you sat in them. We were preoccupied with a problem at home or I would have gone elsewhere or at least changed sites. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Motorhome.

Sewmom

This is a nice little campground and the staff was very helpful. They recommended a barbershop and even called to make sure of the hours. Recommended a great restaurant, Cappy's Chowder House, that was just a couple of blocks away since we would be there anyway. A central location for lighthouses. Again we did the day trip thing. My only wish would be having access to the water view near the cabins for all campers, not just the cabin renters. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

naner

We had a good visit to this campground. The woman working in the building walked us to our site and was very helpful. It had a small pool that we didn't get to use and a nice sized playground that the kids liked a bunch. The sites were all wooded and we had adequate separation from our neighbors. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Tent Trailer.

villager

Pretty park with good location convenient to Rockport, Rockland, Camden and Lincolnville Beach. The big rigs are put in an upper area that is right off the highway, so there is always highway noise. The facilities are nice, and staff were very helpful. Their cable TV is complicated by the fact that Time-Warner has gone all digital, so each camper must connect a cable box to their TV setup. This is not straightforward and required a 1 1/2 day wait for a cable technician who said that almost none of the motorhomes are able to get good reception with the cable boxes inside their motorhomes. We were able to connect by using an old DirecTV cable in our rig. This is not the campground's fault directly, but seems that they need a more permanent solution to a problem that will be ongoing. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Motorhome.

Maine-iacs

Been here several times over a 10 year span. Park could be a gem but it's not. No maintenance being done, front desk staffed by poor quality help, only Wi-Fi hotspot is the office, no hose available at dump station, no guide to site, etc. RV'ers seem to be seen as an inconvenience to deal with. Morgan Resorts runs the place and it speaks very poorly for them as a company. Quite sure this is our last visit here. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mike and Rose

We liked the state park feel of the campground and the overlook to view the ocean. We would go back to this campground because we like clean and quiet. Our site was a pull through and I had to fill in two holes make by the previous camper that apparently got stuck. I encountered 3 dogs during our stay that were not leashed, one disrupting our site knocking over chairs and tray table spilling drinks and snacks. He came charging in at our two dogs that were leashed. I complained at the office so I hope they enforce their pet policy in the future. We did not notice any activities but we were here to just enjoy the view, pool and tour the area. We stayed 4 days. The view is priceless! We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Motorhome.

dmdumbaugh

We booked this site over 3 months in advance but when we arrived for the 4th of July weekend, the grass looked as though it hadn't been cut in weeks. We were assigned a site that should never have been assigned for a 40' motorhome. If the site across from us had been rented, we would never have been able to get in or out. The view from our motorhome was of a broken down fence, a trash can, and a 6 foot pile of debris. I complained to the office and the manager never did come to our site to address the problems. Morgan RV Resorts gave us no sympathy either and refused to make any adjustments. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Motorhome.

ccd236

Overall I would say our experience at this campground was good and we plan to go back this summer. Our site was large, and the bathhouses were clean, or as clean as you can expect. My kids enjoyed the playground and pool, and I enjoyed the beautiful wooded scenery, especially the beautiful viewing deck. What I love most about this park is the area! Camden and Rockport are quaint towns with lots to do for the family. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Motorhome.

TumbleOak

Just a warning to not give them your phone number. It's been two years since I have been there and they refuse to stop calling me with their automated ads. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Wind Rider

The site we were on was so small I had to park my truck perpendicular to the trailer and my trailer is only 22 feet long. The restrooms were out of order most of the weekend and my wife was burned by the showers. The staff couldn't care less. Stay away from this overpriced disaster area. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Travel Trailer.

fourfrosts

This is a basic, small campground. The website was nice and reservations were easy. The website advertised all sorts of kids activities that would take place Memorial Day weekend. Upon my arrival, I was notified that the website was wrong and that the caretakers (the campground is owned by Morgan RV resorts and hires couples to work the summer) were several weeks behind. In fact, the campground received it's first mowing the first night we were there. The bathrooms were clean, that's important. The camp store is overpriced, but that's Maine in summer. The camp sites were small, like postage stamp size. I have a good sized pop-up and there was enough room for the camper, a picnic table and that's it. If the campsite next to me had not been empty, I would not have had a place to park my truck. Overall we had a good time, but I will probably not come back. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Tent Trailer.

TumbleOak

I have mixed feelings about this park. The reservation person and I didn't get along, I ended up letting my wife talk to him. (If it were my call, I would have not continued from here.) Anyway, we reserved a full hookup site for 4 adults. They charged $5 per night additional for each adult after the first 2. We ended up having to cancel the reservation due to Gustav. Our in-laws were to visit us here but were stuck at home in LA taking care of their home. I called the office to cancel and was told they only offer future credit, no refunds. We ended up coming in a few weeks later. The office help was very nice, actually ended up getting that 10 bucks a night refunded due to our in-laws not staying with us. The site was ok, but a pet peeve of mine is a lack of gravel. We tracked in a lot of dirt. No WI-FI at site, just near the office. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

michael8rc

Camp sites are very small and tight. Roads are narrow and difficult to pass through without hitting trees. Sights are not level and required extra work to level our trailer. We camped at Megunticook Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Megunticook Campground?