Wells Beach Resort Campground

• Central Modem Central Modem yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $93.00

We stayed here twice this year (summer 2016) and really like this place! Location is fantastic and very convenient to everything. We have small kids and there was a playground right near our site, which they enjoyed. We also played mini golf which is also right there. Plenty of options nearby for good eats if you like to dine out. Lots to do and see in the area and the beach is close by too. Also got the 'lobstah and steamahs' fix I was craving! :) Great spot! We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Check out Ogunquit and Marginal Way

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $80.00

This is a very busy campground. Lots of in and out daily. Lots of vacationers, families, and kids. Location, location, location! Spendy!It is a one mile walk to Wells Beach. The Trolley stops at the front entrance. You can take the Trolley, with transfers, from Kennebunkport to Ogunquit and all areas in between. We took the Trolley to the beaches several times. WiFi worked well, but my Verizon signal was very weak throughout the area. Staff were efficient; I encountered nobody with an attitude. Most spaces are really close, unless you get a back-in along the right side of the campground. Maneuvers in a big rig can be a challenge. We were here for 17 nights and enjoyed our stay. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Be sure and visit Ogunquit Beach. Big Daddys ice cream in Wells is the best ice cream in the area...trust me! I tried them all!

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $65.00

Stayed here on our way up to Bar Harbor and then our return south. Nice campground that is great for overnight stops. Going up and back, we had a full shade FHU level site both times. All facilities were clean and worked properly. CG staff very helpful and friendly. No escort to site. Verizon and ATT, both voice and data get overloaded this time of year. Campground WiFi worked fine. They has an unusual login process, so if you're not real good with computers, you'll have to have them help you. Lots of Canadians this time of year. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Although there is a local Shuttle service, we did not use it. We were told it was very good. Wells and Kennibunk are joined at the hip. Ogonquit is not considered a part of Wells, so you'll need to pick up separate tour information. Eat at Mike's, Billy's and the Maine Diner while you're in town.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $93.00

To start they make up the rules as they go along. So, one person will be able to pull into their campsite at 11:00AM but the next can't even be on the property until 1:00PM. Then another will be able to have two cars at their site but the next will have to pay $8.00 extra per day for their extra car. These are just two examples. I'll share my biggest complaint more soon when I have more time but it involves the complete insensitive owners which are two of the rudest people I have ever met in my life.

Another issue was that right next door there was a construction site with extremely loud noise all day long, starting at 7:00am-5:00pm. They offered no discount due to this and didn't even care.

As far as the campground. I would not call it a resort, but a nice campground. It's difficult for 40' or longer campers to get into the Premium back in sites.

The sites are clean and have nice shady areas. The pool is nice, but I could see it being too small if a lot of people showed up at one time.

There's not much at all for kids. Two very simple and run down playgrounds and a couple of arcade games, but that's really it. No activities of any kind. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $70.00

Very clean and staff very friendly. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

C5 I think

Visit Wells Beach, walk the Marginal Way in Ogunquit... See a play at the Ogunquit playhouse... Lighthouse and beach at York. Eat lobster.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $65.00

We have been to this campground many times over the years and it is our most favorite. We usually go a little pre season when the rates are lower and its less crowded in the area. Never been disappointed with this park. Everything is so uniform and well groomed. Getting out of the park onto Rt 1 can be challenging at times, especially making a left going north. But you may get a nice driver on occasion that will give you a break.

Overall a great place ! We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

144 Premier site
Fire Ring

Great Resturants in the area, many things to do.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $80.00

The best campground we have ever been at....Its expensive, but the place is great. Close to everything, clean, friendly, large, wifi is great...We have been coming here for 3 years and will continue... We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $93.00

Very seldom do I say that I absolutely love an RV park, but I really did love this one. I'm more of a "Glamper", so a super clean campground is very important to me. They have great security, are family and pet friendly and the trolley stops right at the campground. They allow campers to enjoy themselves , but that should not to be confused with letting campers get away with being ridiculous and rowdy. They do have campground personnel occasionally driving around day and night to keep an eye on things.

The daily rate for this campground is the highest that I've ever paid in New England but in my opinion was worth it. Although there were many open sites during the week, they could probably fill them up if they dropped the price a bit. I stayed twice during the summer and saw lots of empty sites during the week both times. During the weekends the place was packed. They have tent sites and RV sites. If you have an RV that's 25 feet or longer, I suggest you get a deluxe or premier site. My only complaint is the fire pit seemed to be more on my neighbor side than on mine and my neighbors fire pit was close to our vehicle.

To be honest, I was a little skeptical about this campground because I had read some previous reviews which caused me to have concerns, namely that some of the office staff had bad attitudes. However, they were ok during my stay. My only comment is that they are very busy during check-in and people should cut them some slack. That said, they still need to smile more and remember they are in the hospitality industry. Word-of-mouth goes a long way. When you're nice to the campers they will return. Overall this is a great campground. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Premium site
Dirt, Grass

There is so much to do in the area. The trolley stops at the entrance to the campground which can take you to the beach, shops or to restaurants. There is miniature golf located at the entrance to the campground. The shopping plaza is within walking distance.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $83.00

I loved this place 47 years ago when it was a KOA and it has only gotten better and better each time I have been here. Friendly staff, almost new amenities, clean sites. It's central to everything in the area, Ogunquit, Kennebunk, and not a long drive to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The only thing keeping it from being a 10 are the lack of a dog park and some umbrellas at the pool. WELL worth the stay. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Mini Golf - MUST EAT AT MAINE DINER in Wells, near Kennebunkport and Ogunquit, Wells Beach, worth a drive to Portsmouth. For ice cream? Visit the Scoop Deck. Enjoy!

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $70.00

A large park with tiered campsites. Very clean and very well maintained. This is a great place to go to if you like to visit the various little communities in the area, such as Kennybunkport, Wells and others. Our site was up a hill, but relatively level and not too close to our neighbors. We had Wifi which was good - some of the time - and cable TV. In comparison to some to the other campgrounds that we saw, this one is a real gem. The beach is about a mile away, with public parking available. There are plenty of restaurants, shops and stores in the area, so we weren't lacking for anything. However, don't be in a hurry to get anywhere quickly, especially during the summer months. Traffic can be a challenge. We would definitely stay here again. We opted for a 30 Amp site, which was adequate for us since the weather was cool and we spent little time in our RV. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $62.00

This is the fourth time we have stayed here and really enjoy it, especially during the off season. Staff is great, sites are well taken care of, electric, water, sewer and cable all work well. We will keep coming back. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $82.00

This is a great campground! We stayed on a Premier RV site which was $82-90 depending on what day of the week you are staying. I'm glad we spent the extra money because the Premium and Deluxe RV sites would be very tight for any motorhome. Location is very convenient to beaches and restaurants. Wifi isn't the greatest....can't always connect, and it's rather slow. Pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was here. We will definitely be back! We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $54.00

Nice park! Clean sites. Older staff helpful, younger staff friendly. Water pressure good, but had sediments (make sure to have a screen on the connector). Electricity good and cable good. WiFi had strong signal but only work one day of our four day stay. The office staff blamed TengoNet for the lack of service. I would expect the park to make sure the service works, it's part of the package offered and charged for. ATT 4G was also weak at this location. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $90.00

Visiting friends in the area, so made reservations here because of their proximity and listed amenities. Their website is misleading and not true. Very close together sites with fire rings practically on top of you. Advertised "HEATED POOL" is only 79 degrees. Clerk said it's too cool at night to get it warmer. (Weather has been in the upper 80's for days and 60's at night). No activities. Very over-rated & over-priced for a so-called "RV RESORT." We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $80.00

Fantastic campground....we have been reviewing campgrounds for many years and this place is awesome...lots of staff and security and everyone is so pleasant and helpful...WiFi is fast, the park is clean and tidy and McDonalds is next door.. We will be back next year for sure. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Red Apple Campground

Kennebunkport, Maine

Sea-Vu Campground

Wells, Maine

Pinederosa Camping Area

Wells Beach, Maine

Are you affiliated with Wells Beach Resort Campground?