Wells Beach Resort Campground

Wells Beach, Maine 04090

• Golf Golf yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Wells Beach Resort Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $120.00

Arrived 1 hour early and lady at front told us we could check in early, went to the office and after already paying over $200 for two nights she charged me an extra $10 for being 1 hr early. With 2 adults and three kids it cost over $240 for 2 nights. Fort Wilderness in Disney is not even this expensive. Very small sites with no pad just dirt. Pool and facilities were clean. Had just stayed right on the ocean at Salisbury for $35 /night and were two hours early for check-in. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

ETB

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $80.00

Way, Way, Way overpriced!!! Small campground with paved roads. Most sites are terraced in the rear of the campground. Paid for the premium and promised satellite reception. Was given a back in site surrounded with trees. Absolutely no possibility for satellite reception. Lots of trees in campground, don't count on getting satellite reception no matter what the office tells you. Site was level but close to other RVs. There was a large pine tree at front of our site and a large pine tree to the rear of site directly in front of our site. That made it very difficult to get our motor home parked. Other back in sites were also awkward to back into. Sites near the front of campground are very close to Highway 1 with traffic noise. When registering you might have to park in a loop at the office since parking is limited when arriving. Water pressure was good at 82 PSI. 50 amp electrical was solid with leg 1 at 123v and leg 2 at 122v. Verizon cell and 4G good. Campground has free WiFi provided by Tango Internet. You must create an account to log in with. Tango Internet performance was poor at 1.31 Mbps download and 0.79 Mbps upload with a ping of 64 ms. Ok for light web surfing and email. Overall campground appears well maintained, clean with grass mowed. We stayed at other campgrounds were nicer and with better facilities for less than half the price of this one. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Plenty of things to do here. Kennebuckport is about 7 miles away. There is a McDonald's right next to the campground and a RiteAide close by. Hannaford is directly across the street from McDonald's. Eat at the 'Steakhouse' just north of the campground on Highway 1. Great food, but be prepared for a long wait.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $78.00

We Booked at the last minute and were able to get in during a real busy time. A lot of money but seemed in line with others in the area,lots od extras here. Pool was great and we used the laundry without any problems. Lots of sites but never really seemed crowded. Super close to beach too!!!! We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Lots to do and see in this area,must go to the beach!!! Great free car show a Bentleys Saloon up the road on HWY1 ,and cool cars and bikes.They do it every Tues,check it out.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $52.00

Since it was in early June the price reflects off season rates. Black flies were biting but that's not the campgrounds fault. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wells Beach Resort Campground

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $67.00

Overpriced. Especially during "leaf-peeping" season where they offer no discounts. Colombus day the park was maybe 60% full. This appears to be an old KOA. Lower sites are right along busy and noisy main road, upper sites are much much quieter. Trees everywhere so don't expect to get a dish working except "possibly" in their most expensive spots. Sites are level, dirt and gravel. At the least bit of rain, you'll be tracking sand into your coach. Sites are close and your neighbors will be right outside your window. Hope they don't use the campfire ring although many do. Upper sites do feel like camping in the woods (aside from the proximity of other campers). The two best features of this place are: 1) location and 2) WiFi. Location is right next to McDonalds and RiteAide, across from Hannafords grocery, movie theatres, restaurants, brewery, and just a mile from Wells Beach. Ogunquit and Kennebunkport are just a few minutes away. WiFi is free, strong, and very useable. Among the top WiFi we've had nationwide. Our site was barely long enough for our 39' RV and our jeep IF we parked the jeep sideways (not easy due to rocks and trees at the entrance of each site). Pricewise even with the location and the region, I felt like it was still a bit overpriced. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Upper
Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Nearby, Very Close
Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Great walking trails at Wells Beach National Estuary/Laudholm Trust just north of the campground and along the Marginal Way in Ogunquit. Also, Hannafords will steam fresh lobsters for free, so get them at the supermarket and eat them at home vs. paying 3x - 5x for the same lobster at one of the restaurants.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $93.00

We stayed here twice this year (summer 2016) and really like this place! Location is fantastic and very convenient to everything. We have small kids and there was a playground right near our site, which they enjoyed. We also played mini golf which is also right there. Plenty of options nearby for good eats if you like to dine out. Lots to do and see in the area and the beach is close by too. Also got the 'lobstah and steamahs' fix I was craving! :) Great spot! We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Check out Ogunquit and Marginal Way

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $65.00

Stayed here on our way up to Bar Harbor and then our return south. Nice campground that is great for overnight stops. Going up and back, we had a full shade FHU level site both times. All facilities were clean and worked properly. CG staff very helpful and friendly. No escort to site. Verizon and ATT, both voice and data get overloaded this time of year. Campground WiFi worked fine. They has an unusual login process, so if you're not real good with computers, you'll have to have them help you. Lots of Canadians this time of year. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Although there is a local Shuttle service, we did not use it. We were told it was very good. Wells and Kennibunk are joined at the hip. Ogonquit is not considered a part of Wells, so you'll need to pick up separate tour information. Eat at Mike's, Billy's and the Maine Diner while you're in town.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $80.00

This is a very busy campground. Lots of in and out daily. Lots of vacationers, families, and kids. Location, location, location! Spendy!It is a one mile walk to Wells Beach. The Trolley stops at the front entrance. You can take the Trolley, with transfers, from Kennebunkport to Ogunquit and all areas in between. We took the Trolley to the beaches several times. WiFi worked well, but my Verizon signal was very weak throughout the area. Staff were efficient; I encountered nobody with an attitude. Most spaces are really close, unless you get a back-in along the right side of the campground. Maneuvers in a big rig can be a challenge. We were here for 17 nights and enjoyed our stay. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Sand, Grass

Be sure and visit Ogunquit Beach. Big Daddys ice cream in Wells is the best ice cream in the area...trust me! I tried them all!

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $93.00

To start they make up the rules as they go along. So, one person will be able to pull into their campsite at 11:00AM but the next can't even be on the property until 1:00PM. Then another will be able to have two cars at their site but the next will have to pay $8.00 extra per day for their extra car. These are just two examples. I'll share my biggest complaint more soon when I have more time but it involves the complete insensitive owners which are two of the rudest people I have ever met in my life.

Another issue was that right next door there was a construction site with extremely loud noise all day long, starting at 7:00am-5:00pm. They offered no discount due to this and didn't even care.

As far as the campground. I would not call it a resort, but a nice campground. It's difficult for 40' or longer campers to get into the Premium back in sites.

The sites are clean and have nice shady areas. The pool is nice, but I could see it being too small if a lot of people showed up at one time.

There's not much at all for kids. Two very simple and run down playgrounds and a couple of arcade games, but that's really it. No activities of any kind. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $65.00

We have been to this campground many times over the years and it is our most favorite. We usually go a little pre season when the rates are lower and its less crowded in the area. Never been disappointed with this park. Everything is so uniform and well groomed. Getting out of the park onto Rt 1 can be challenging at times, especially making a left going north. But you may get a nice driver on occasion that will give you a break.

Overall a great place ! We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

144 Premier site
Fire Ring

Great Resturants in the area, many things to do.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $70.00

Very clean and staff very friendly. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

C5 I think

Visit Wells Beach, walk the Marginal Way in Ogunquit... See a play at the Ogunquit playhouse... Lighthouse and beach at York. Eat lobster.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $93.00

Very seldom do I say that I absolutely love an RV park, but I really did love this one. I'm more of a "Glamper", so a super clean campground is very important to me. They have great security, are family and pet friendly and the trolley stops right at the campground. They allow campers to enjoy themselves , but that should not to be confused with letting campers get away with being ridiculous and rowdy. They do have campground personnel occasionally driving around day and night to keep an eye on things.

The daily rate for this campground is the highest that I've ever paid in New England but in my opinion was worth it. Although there were many open sites during the week, they could probably fill them up if they dropped the price a bit. I stayed twice during the summer and saw lots of empty sites during the week both times. During the weekends the place was packed. They have tent sites and RV sites. If you have an RV that's 25 feet or longer, I suggest you get a deluxe or premier site. My only complaint is the fire pit seemed to be more on my neighbor side than on mine and my neighbors fire pit was close to our vehicle.

To be honest, I was a little skeptical about this campground because I had read some previous reviews which caused me to have concerns, namely that some of the office staff had bad attitudes. However, they were ok during my stay. My only comment is that they are very busy during check-in and people should cut them some slack. That said, they still need to smile more and remember they are in the hospitality industry. Word-of-mouth goes a long way. When you're nice to the campers they will return. Overall this is a great campground. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Premium site
Dirt, Grass

There is so much to do in the area. The trolley stops at the entrance to the campground which can take you to the beach, shops or to restaurants. There is miniature golf located at the entrance to the campground. The shopping plaza is within walking distance.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $80.00

The best campground we have ever been at....Its expensive, but the place is great. Close to everything, clean, friendly, large, wifi is great...We have been coming here for 3 years and will continue... We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $70.00

A large park with tiered campsites. Very clean and very well maintained. This is a great place to go to if you like to visit the various little communities in the area, such as Kennybunkport, Wells and others. Our site was up a hill, but relatively level and not too close to our neighbors. We had Wifi which was good - some of the time - and cable TV. In comparison to some to the other campgrounds that we saw, this one is a real gem. The beach is about a mile away, with public parking available. There are plenty of restaurants, shops and stores in the area, so we weren't lacking for anything. However, don't be in a hurry to get anywhere quickly, especially during the summer months. Traffic can be a challenge. We would definitely stay here again. We opted for a 30 Amp site, which was adequate for us since the weather was cool and we spent little time in our RV. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $83.00

I loved this place 47 years ago when it was a KOA and it has only gotten better and better each time I have been here. Friendly staff, almost new amenities, clean sites. It's central to everything in the area, Ogunquit, Kennebunk, and not a long drive to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The only thing keeping it from being a 10 are the lack of a dog park and some umbrellas at the pool. WELL worth the stay. We camped at Wells Beach Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Mini Golf - MUST EAT AT MAINE DINER in Wells, near Kennebunkport and Ogunquit, Wells Beach, worth a drive to Portsmouth. For ice cream? Visit the Scoop Deck. Enjoy!

Featured Campgrounds Near Wells Beach Resort Campground

Are you affiliated with Wells Beach Resort Campground ?