Gregoire's Campground's

Wells, Maine

697 Sanford Rd
Wells, Maine 04090

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no

Ask fellow campers about "Gregoire's Campground's" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $49.00

Convienient to I95, easy off and on. Close to I95 so some road noise but not too bad. Some train noise. Spacious lots. Mostly seasonal. Wifi only in office. Verizon worked well. We would stay here again if in the area. Going to the other parks nearby you have to deal with the traffic on US 1. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Motorhome.

Near the beaches near Wells. Very touristy area.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $63.00

Because we were "lucky enough" to qualify for all of the extra charges (+2 adults, cable & AC) the $42 advertised price got upped to $68 incl tax. And that's not counting the quarters for the shower. It is very convenient to I-95 which makes it great for in-n-out travelers. And for seasonals it's a lower priced alternative to the resort type CG's nearer the beach. All in all, an average New England CG. No brags, no bitches. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $40.00

For an overnight stop this was a convenient campground, but for the price I don't think I would return. The facilities worked fine, but I think that campgrounds (particularly in the Northeast US) are finding new ways to annoy their guest just as airlines have turned flying into a pain. Fees for "extras" are now everywhere e.g. why would you have to pay extra for air conditioning use on top of a 50 amp service charge? This campground charges extra for everything, air conditioning, cable, restrooms, etc. to the point that you feel ripped off just for stopping. While the front desk folks were just fine and the site was adequate, the experience itself left me wanting to go somewhere else in the future. Oh, and bring cash since that's all they take. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $40.00

Mostly a seasonal and permanents park, though they do accept overnighters, and we basically enjoyed our first stay here. We had a site near the entrance with full hook up. When I reserved the site over 6 months ago, I questioned the extra charge for cable added on to the quoted full hook price. She told me all full hook ups included cable, which would be fine with me, but why list it as a separate charge add on?? She said they are working on correcting that on the website. It is still not changed. We loved our roomy site with nice trees and grass, but a walk to the back of the campground confirmed we would not want a site back there since it is very congested and tight. Tent sites are basically all together in one area, but can be intermixed anywhere they want. One usual gripe I have is the "pay to shower" which I will never use as it is the principal of the matter with the "nickel and dime" idea. I would rather pay the higher flat fee for the extra features (including the cable) instead of showers that call for me to bring in rolls of quarters. Bundles of wood are priced high at 6.00 a pack. Interstate and train noise close by, but is not intolerable. No credit cards here, as I had to send in full payment by check before we got here. Good idea to take a copy of the cashed check to have in hand upon check in, since the lady at the office did not have our reservation. That changed quickly once I presented the cashed check copy. Good one night stop over, and we would stay here again for perhaps more than one night, but not really a destination. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Gregoire's Campground's

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $37.00

We arrived without reservation, asked for a site that might get WiFi and were pleased to be cheerfully accommodated. Sites near the office can use the park's should have a usable connection. We had had a strong and stable connection via our WiFiRangerSky, and had a fair, useable connection direct from my Nook inside out unit. The staff was courteous and helpful. The restrooms and showers were clean and well maintained. We would stay here again. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $32.00

Easy access off I-95, gated entry, paved road. Lots of seasonal sites. We were here during the week and it was very quiet. You will hear the hum of traffic from I-95 but with a fan on inside at night it was not bothersome. Has a mix of open grassy sites with some shade as well as woodsy sites. If you want to be in the Wells/Ogunquit/York area and don't want to spend $50 and up to be out on Route 1, this is a good choice. You can be at Wells Beach in less than 10 minutes after a short drive on Route 1 south. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $36.00

Very friendly & helpful staff. Convenient to I-95. Many local activities within driving distance, though the park itself offers few if any activities. Lots of open space for tenting groups. There seem to be no laundry facilities. Not sure about area laundromats, as we just waited to do laundry at our next stop. We'd stay again. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $32.00

This is a small campground but very nice. There aren't any activities, but when we go to this area we are visiting family and are not at the CG much. We did not notice much highway noise. We have stayed at other CGs in the area where you are packed in like sardines and they charge for anything they can think of. Not here though, our site was a good size and the staff was friendly. For the price you can even get cable TV. The only odd thing is that you have to send a check for the deposit and pay in cash for the rest of the balance. It is also close to so many beaches, shopping and restaurants. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $32.00

Close to beach and many activities. Nice campground. Some highway noise because it's close to I95. No activities at campground. We camped at Gregoire's Campground's in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Gregoire's Campground's

Are you affiliated with Gregoire's Campground's ?