Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $141.00

Super disappointed with this campground. Sites are packed together so tight like sardines in a can. Site was really small, we were next to a cabin and our slide was right up to it, and the back of our trailer was almost against a shed. Definitely not the kind of campground where you want to sit outside at your site. It is definitely a huge campground but it isn't enjoyable: too many people. Pool is not big enough in relation to the campground size, and while there is the waterpark, it isn't exclusively for Frontier Town guests so prepare to stand in line.

The 6 point intersection in the middle of the campground is crazy at times. Only good thing I can really say is that the fresh produce stand in the campground was nice, and the gameroom was huge but far from the main campground. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

CE

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $60.00

This is a large campground with many "permanent" units. We were there on the Thursday before their Halloween weekend. Seemed as if every third camper had a golf cart, each seeing who could go the fastest. Roads on the interior were quite narrow. The access roads to sites were so narrow that our large motorhome(45 feet) had a difficult time maneuvering into a site. The first site to which we were assigned, which was at least 50 feet deep, was impossible to back into, because trees prohibited entry. Wi-fi was horrible. We will not return. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $85.00

Not very accommodating. We called 14 months in advance for three sites together. Were told that they couldn't do it at the time but keep calling. We called for four months straight. Nothing! Also too crowded, too many golf carts, too noisy, only one pool. I'll never go there again. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $103.00

This was our first visit. We elected to stay because of the school aged children activities. In perspective; it's a busy place, a breeding golf cart farm and all around on dusty roads. The staff needs help with customer service and welcoming the guest. Customer service is less than desirable- but then again, why would they care about you when you're just a drop in the bucket? We stayed on Z lane "premium" sites. Concrete pad does not justify "premium" sites nor the $100/night charge. There are plenty of activities for children. The picture I gathered was a "mom-n-pop" amusement park on the bay. It is all about the dollar at this place; they charge for practically everything. In a summary - you're just a number. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $80.00

It pains me to give Frontier Town a 6 rating. We're generally big fans. If you subtract the BS we had to deal with, I would have gladly given them an 8 or 9. However, as you will read on, the actions of a few have stained a very nice campground. You can see my prior review of FT in which I was very pleased but did comment on my one issue. First the good: Great family campground for kids with tons to do. Waterpark is included with admission although it gets packed, and there is a pool, playground, and a very good Western Show. The camp store is as good as I've ever seen, with great customer service. The location is great too, as Ocean City is very close with Assateague State park where the wild horses roam the beaches all of 5 minutes away. They also upgraded the waterfront Z loop with new landscaping, sod, and patio block type fire pits. Very impressive. Now the bad. The golf cart police has taken "wanna be police" to a whole new level. Supplement that with a verbally abusive elderly female lifeguard, and we left with a bad taste in our mouth and will skip coming in 2013 as our official protest. I guess these employees skipped the "Treat the customer well" class when they were hired. I get it. From a liability standpoint, you have to be diligent in enforcing golf cart rules. Many are zooming around. However, if you have an issue you can be polite about it. Not the case here. I can list countless examples of non rule breaking reprimands, but the bottom line is how you speak to a customer goes along way. The lifeguard was even worse. Shouting, screaming at kids and parents make it hard to believe she still has a job. The only other negative I have is they really need to work at laying down a ton more grass seed. The E loop is basically now more dirt and gravel with some grass, and it looks like the other sites are the same. I wouldn't say things are run down, but that description for some sites isn't far off. Basically they need to address the other sites that aren't at a premium with the same mentality that went into the Z loop improvement. Final note for the fit people. A great Powerhouse gym is located 3 miles up the road. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $60.00

We are not Happy with our stay. There is plenty of recreation and activities: free water park, putt putt @ a cost, fishing, movies-regular tv, dog park, old west show @ a cost. There are many rules but they are not enforced. The police came into the campground twice during our stay with lights and sirens. We did not feel safe. The showers and restroom were not very clean. The delay on shower needs to be adjusted as it turns off rather quickly. The laundry facilities out dated and four of the dryers are broken. The interior roads need to be paved. Several staff members were rude and unfriendly. How unfair to the couple of outstanding employees. We will not return. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $78.00

I will start with the positives: close to Assateague and OC with free scheduled shuttle; free water park access; nicely stocked camp store with deli; fishing pier. All the positives do not make up for the negatives: loud, busy campground overcrowded with golf carts. Lots of loud music and partying on the weekends. On our Sunday morning walk we spotted a passed out person behind a tented site right off the main road. Lots of dogs with very few spots for the dogs to potty (mostly at the entrance to each camp site). Lots of kids riding around on bikes unattended. If you are looking for a quite get-away, look elsewhere because this is not the campground for you. If you have small children, this is not the campground for you (too much traffic on the campground roads make it unsafe to bike or walk). The section we were in was unshaded ( H lane). Campground is not cleaned very well as there is trash in and around the campground pool and playground area. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $80.00

We've camped here several times before and enjoyed it very much. The water park is small but nice. This year and last year, it seems that there are many more golf carts and a lot of kids driving them and speeding. The mosquitoes were horrendous this year. They used to spray for them, but I don't know whether or not they did this year. The bathrooms were not that clean this year either. The place seems like it was a bit run down. It's very expensive for what you get. We won't be coming back for a while. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $60.00

This campground is extra nice, absolutely huge and growing. We've camped here many times over the last 30 years and the expansion is enormous. There are a lot of things for the kids to do (not just watersports) and every week all summer long they have activities. They have primitive sites (which we love), and cabins and you can bring your boat. The kids liked crabbing. We brought our camper and our car and had to pay for the car to be here: which seemed ridiculous because it does not cost them anything to let our car sit here. But good luck getting reservations, because it is always packed which I guess speaks for itself. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $72.00

We love this cg because of it's location to beach/boardwalk & Assateague. This is our 3rd year here & this time around we were very disappointed at how many more golf carts there are - absolutely ridiculous!. You can't even enjoy the campfire at night because it's like sitting in front of a major highway with headlights blinding you all the time! Why can't people walk & enjoy nature while camping?! The other issue was the Wi-Fi... we were there for 10 days & it only only worked 1.5 days - and only from the pavilion - not from your site! I inquired about it & the the lady at the office said to me, "I don't understand why you're upset about it because it's free anyway...you should consider going to Panera's - theirs is free too & it seems to work all the time." I know it's free but if it's advertised as an offered amenity, it should work. We're considering going elsewhere next year. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2005 - $43.00

We visited Frontier Town on the weekend after Labor Day, so we qualified for the "off season rate." I called ahead to make a reservation and the person I spoke to was polite, but VERY eager to get my credit card number, "for the deposit." OK, No problem. After giving the information, I was sternly advised that, "You will have to hang on while I run your credit card to make sure it's OK." (Again, no problem.) I was kept on hold for almost 20 minutes. When she came back, she sounded surprised when she said, "Well, that went through with no problem, we'll see you Friday." Friday afternoon, we pulled into the entrance of Frontier Town. There are three lanes entering the campground, one says Thru one says Express, and the other is unmarked. The entrance is guarded by an older gentleman dressed as a sheriff, and he takes his duties very seriously. I gave our name and said we had reservations. He checks his list. No reservation, he says. I ask him to check again. He calls the office. Again, he says we have no reservations. My husband says, very pleasantly, "So what now?" The sherrif says, "I guess you'll have to try another weekend!" Hold on Podners! Our credit card was charged, and a big deal was made of that. I make a request to go to the office to inquire. This is not well received by the sheriff. Finally, I manage to get permission to pull over to the side and get out of the vehicle to approach the office. Lo and behold, there is a line of about 20 people waiting to check in inside the office. I patiently wait my turn. There is our reservation! I am told we did not have an "express reservation," so we had to come inside to register, but how in the world were we supposed to know that? And if we had listened to the sheriff, we would have turned around and gone home, after there had been no problem with charging our credit card for a deposit. Do I smell a scam? The registration process is very thorough. One must provide first names of all campers, all vehicles tag numbers and be advised of a myriad of rules, such as the charges for a visitor to your site, before one is allowed to actually go to your site and begin camping. WHAT AN ORDEAL!!!! The campground itself is nicely situtated on Sinepuxent Bay, not the ocean. The boating facilities are very nice with a good boat ramp and nice slips available at $12.00 per day. FrontierTown has a lovely pavillion with a big screen TV where movies are shown on summer evenings. The pool seemed clean and was still in use at the time of our visit. Many people camped with pets (as do we) and every pet owner I saw was very responsible for cleaning up after and having the pet leashed. The restrooms were immaculate as were the showers. However, the showers are the push button variety that you cannot use unless you depress the button with your thumb. The water is pre mixed too, so if you want a HOT shower you are out of luck. Likewise a COLD shower. The pushbutton thing is a real drag, and as a result I don't think the showers see much use, hence their pristine condition. The campsites themselves afford NO privacy whatsoever and campers are slotted together like sardines in every area. An apparant effort has been made at this park to provide the the least amenities and maximize the profit. The water park is probably a nice benefit for families with children but I would not consider spending the $12.00 admission fee on it's own merits. The Wild West Town was closed for the season but looked to be a nice tourist attraction. In all, the rudeness of the staff, lack of privacy and the inadequacy of the showers left me feeling no desire to visit Frontier Town again. We camped at Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground

Are you affiliated with Frontier Town RV Resort & Campground ?