Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park

• Lake Lake yes
  • Creek Creek yes

SteveandAnn

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $65.00

This is a great option for anyone wanting a peaceful vacation near Berlin/Ocean City, MD. It is a great value for the money during the peak summer months. About 20 mins. to the beaches (depending on traffic) 10 mins to Berlin. The park itself is kept very clean. The sites are very spacious with a nice fire ring. They had several cabins overlooking the lake. They had kayaks, canoes, a pool that is on the lake, fishing, really very nice. It is very quite and peaceful at night, no loud partying, people cutting across or setting up a corn hole tournament on your camp site (yes that has happened to us). The seasonal camp sites are not junky and the people we met were all very nice. We had good power, our water was fine-no smell, which is hit or miss when you are on the eastern shore of MD, good pressure. My only gripe is that the bathroom/shower was not very nice. We camped in a 5th wheel, and we would camp here again. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The shops in the small town of Berlin all close around 4:30, restaurants stay open later.

Lori and Larry

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $65.00

We stayed at Island Resort Campground for a week. Over the weekend the campground seemed pretty full, but it was much quieter during the week. We first stayed on the far side of the lake at site 67, in between two seasonal campers. The site was very level. There was no tree shade unless you walked toward the lake, which was lined with trees. The water smelled horrible. We had to attach a filter to the spigot but it barely made a difference. I used bottled water to brush my teeth and almost gagged while showering. The bugs were awful being so close to the lake and we didn't want to spend time outside.

After two days we moved to site 95. It wasn't very level. However, the water was much cleaner. There was ample shade and it felt more like camping than like being in an RV parking lot. The bugs weren't as bad at this site as it was farther from the lake. We had to get an extra sewer hose as the sewer hookup is at the back of the site and we needed to park farther up to get the most level area.

The pool was clean. The camp store was well stocked and was clean. The bathroom was clean. The laundry room was clean and had plenty of machines. It was open 24/7 which was convenient.

I did not use the WiFi as my Verizon phone worked well as a hotspot. They say the WiFi can only be used at the camp store; however, my computer picked it up from site 95. I didn't try to connect as it cost $5.00 to get the password. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The campground is close to Ocean City. However, we brought two dogs with us and dogs are not allowed on the beach. We went to Assateague National Seashore instead. Although the flies could get annoying on the beach, overall we really enjoyed ourselves there, as did the dogs, who got to swim in the ocean and "belly surf" to shore.

VegasVagabonds

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $40.00

If you go here knowing about no cable or wifi (although there was supposedly wifi at the country store), then it's a great park. Would highly recommend site 17, a back in site but a huge corner site next to lake and very level. Many sites were not level. Sites are spaced very nicely. Little shade. Beautiful lake. Lots of gnats but no Mosquitos. Restrooms very nice but long walk. Utilities and antennae reception were great. Roads are wide and majority of sites are back in. Great country store. Staff was friendly. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

About 15-20 minute drive to Ocean City. If you're looking for crab off the boardwalk/main drag, we really enjoyed Crab Alley, just across the bay near inlet. Lots of locals.

Scottsdale RVers

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $60.00

Camped in a 35 foot 5th wheel. Site 94 is shaded, large, sand/grass, & level if rig is parked towards front of site. Spacious area for sitting. Trees are well trimmed. Site overlooks marsh & trees to rear, large grass areas to one side & in front, distant partial lake view. Sewer connection is in rear of site & requires 15 to 20 feet of sewer hose to reach from a center placed discharge rig opening when rig is parked in level spot. All sewers are in the rear of sites & many are a far reach. Good antenna TV reception. Laundry house is clean; $3.00 per load for wash & for dryer. Fairly large catch & release lake. Kayak rentals. Pond. Did not use pool, but looked clean. Pay to eat crab & beer dinner in pavilion one evening. Simple playground. Quiet & dark. Nice campground for adults only & families. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

DebDon

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $60.00

Very nice, quiet campground. Some pull-through sites, mostly back-ins. Big, gravel and easy to access. The back-in sites back up to the lake, which is tree lined. Some shade, some sun. Small campground with ample space between sites. There are no activities for kids other then kayaking and the pool, but that meant mostly older campers and a quieter atmosphere. Go here to relax, not to party. Staff was very helpful. Trash pickup is twice a day, but I was them come by more often than that. We would stay here again. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

The Spot

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $60.00

Ample security at the campground. Staff is personable and helpful. Be prepared to be blinded by the spotlight when coming into the grounds in the evening (only complaint). Trash is picked up throughout the day. No complaints. Definitely will be returning! We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Florida Don

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $50.00

Really clean park, nice and quiet. Pricey considering no cable or Wi-Fi, but we'd stay here again. It was less than some of the parks closer in to Ocean City. We stayed here to see Ocean City and Assateague, which were both great. Sites are huge, but this campground's residents are mostly weekender's that own their spots and mostly keep to themselves. We didn't use any of the facilities, but the general store, pool, office, and bathhouses all looked very new and clean. Sites are gravel, but well maintained. They come around and pick up your trash at your spot, very frequently. All the spots surround a nice little lake, very nice atmosphere. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

leorah

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $40.00

This is a co-op park with some spaces for transients. This early in the season the pool wasn't open, and the store was closed when we checked in, so we can't comment on those things. We were told there was no wi-fi, which was a disappointment. The bathrooms and showers were clean, although somewhat worn. There is catch and release fishing in the lake, a playground, and you can rent a kayak for the day. Sites are large and level gravel. The grounds are nicely kept and it's apparent that work is ongoing to improve the park with the addition of more rental cabins. They offer deer hunting packages and guide services, so the park would be good for avid hunters and anglers. We had the park almost entirely to ourselves on a weekday night. It is a nice park but a bit expensive for the amenities available during our stay. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Luv2campRV

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $40.00

We stayed here in late May. The campground was quiet and peaceful and the lake front lot was wonderful. There was not shade, which we were aware of when we booked. The restrooms were clean but a little weird in that the restroom and shower were the same room, so if someone took too long in one of the three women's restrooms or shower other people had to wait since they were not separate. The location was excellent for Ocean City and Assateague. The owners were nice. It was a little buggy, but that was to be expected in that area at the time of the year. We just would have liked wi-fi or TV hookup. My only complaint was the people with pets who can't follow the leash rules, but the owners handled it when reported. We will stay here again our next trip. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

xo1rider

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $35.00

What a nice place! Only open for six years and situated around two man made lakes. The owners show a well deserved pride at what they've created. Spacious sites around the lake, very good Wi-Fi at no extra cost. Everything just works as it should. Great staff with extras - trash pick up at your site for example. Started to stay for two days and extended the visit to five it was just to relaxing to leave. An easy drive to the resort city of Ocean City expect crowds on summer weekends. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

NorthVaJim

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $55.00

We chose Island Resort because it was close to where our friends lived. We were impressed. The site is beautiful, with the large manmade lake and large stands of mature trees bordering two sides. There is a small camp store, a restaurant over the lake which is open on weekends, a pool and several small bath facilities, all of which appeared clean and tasteful. Staff was cordial, and there was twice a day trash pickup from in front of our site. The sites were relatively large and easily accessible. All have good views. There is no WiFi or cable TV, so you need to bring your own equipment for that, and it is about 5 miles to the nearest food store (a Food Lion). But for someone who wants a relaxing stay at the beach without being on top of the boardwalk hustle and bustle, this place is very nice. We drove the 10 miles to the beach to see a movie, shop and eat out, and were pleased. For our purposes this park was very nice, and if we come back to this area we will strongly consider staying here again. Interestingly, while the park was essentially full over the weekend, during the weekdays it appeared to be running at less than 50% capacity. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

mohocamper

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $45.00

This campground is about 15 minutes from Ocean City. It is reasonably priced compared to other campgrounds in the area. While it does not offer transportation to the beach, or "activities" like some of the other campgrounds, the sites are large, there is a restaurant, a fishing (no swimming) lake, and a nice pool. We went the weekend after Memorial Day, so it was very quiet, and there were many empty sites. The bathhouses/restrooms are small; one toilet and one shower in each. Also, since the sites are situated around the lake and the restaurant and store are on one side of the lake, it is quite a hike for those staying on the opposite side. We recommend bikes or good walking shoes. Not sure if golf carts are allowed. We would stay here again. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

weathershak

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $35.00

This place has come a long way. We visited this campground more since they lowered their rates, and are happy to find out they did not have a rate increase for 2010. The campground now offers great meals at the lake side gazebo. One of the greatest advantages to this campground is that it is situated on high ground so you do not get flooded out after a heavy rain. Alot of the other local CG's do. Nice clean and very large sites, a beautiful well stocked store, great fishing, a very clean pool and always having great neighbors will keep us coming. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Moman1

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $45.00

Our experience here didn't start off well and didn't really get any better. It started off with a very rude attendant in the office. First of all, when she brought up the reservation, she asked me about my dog. She asked if I had the vaccination paperwork for him. When I said no, she got upset and said I had to fill out an affidavit about my dog, what his name is, what his vet's name is, where his vet is located, what kind of dog it is, what color he is, and many more. I thought this was overkill, but then she said that if I would have brought the paperwork I wouldn't have to do it. That's when I told her that it's not on their website. Then she gave me the rules listing. It was two pages long. Then she got mad at me for not knowing the license plate number for my vehicles (the other lady was very nice and went to get them for me while I was filling out paperwork). Then, when I told her I needed another windshield tag for the second vehicle, she said there wasn't two vehicles on the reservation. That's when I said "well, I don't know what to tell you, but there is." Her response was to repeat herself. What exactly am I supposed to come back with for that? Anyway, after I convinced her to give me a second tag, she wouldn't give it to me. I had to have my wife, in the other car come into the office to get it herself. The biggest things I disliked about this CG are the hundreds of rules. There is even a rule that your sewer hose must extend at least 6 inches down the pipe. You have to have some rules, got it. But they take it to the extreme. Also, it states on their website that you can bring your own canoe or kayak. However, there are signs up saying you can't use your own and must rent at $35 a day. They didn't have internet and the cable didn't work. The site wasn't level (luckily I had enough blocks). I echo previous posts about not having much for kids. I thought this CG was going to be promising. It has a great location next to a lake that you can't utilize to swim in or boat in (without paying for it). It was pretty quiet but that doesn't justify the price. What am I getting for my money? A pool and a view? I didn't use the restrooms/showers but my wife said they weren't clean. The cons definitely outweigh the pros and I will probably never stay here again. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

bgg

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $45.00

Great campground. This was second year staying here. Large, level sites, and friendly, helpful employees. Easy access on good roads. Nice pool and lake, only down side is not a whole lot for little kids. But for a base to go to the beach or sports tournaments, can't beat it. We camped at Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Island Resort Family Campground & RV Park?