Lake Somerset Family Campground

Westover, Maryland

Recent Rate: $38 8/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

rvjubilee

This is a nice campground off of Highway 13. The full hook-up pull-through sites are long and pretty level with gravel and grass. The TV antenna picks up 3 channels which was enough for us. The lake is right next to the sites, with lots of wild geese. The restrooms are older, but clean. The pool is very nice. The staff are very friendly. The Wi-Fi was not working for our 1 night stay, but my MiFi did, so it was not an issue. I gave it a 9 instead of 10, since they had no cable. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

kmgulf

Close to highway, some road noise. Roads are paved, sites are tight, but level and big rigs may find them short. Park has many sites with rigs set up permanently for weekend and vacation use. Few people there during week. Power, water and cell (AT&T) was good. We would recommend this park. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

mdbowhunter

The facilities at this campground are NOT top notch, however as a repeat camper for years, it's the friendly staff keeps me coming back yearly. There is great fishing in the Lake and local ponds nearby. There are NO planned activities for the family or kids. It's merely a basic park without all the hustle and bustle of typical campground resorts. Water, electric and sewer are available on most all sites. Mini golf and a CLEAN pool are available. The game room is quite outdated as well as the restrooms. I would recommend this campground if you would like a nice quiet getaway from the sometimes hectic resort campgrounds. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

rgatijnet

We stopped at this park with a 30' class A with a vehicle in tow. The roads are a little tight but manageable. Might be tough with 40' unit with a vehicle in tow. There are a lot of trees and we reversed our direction in the pull thru site to get satellite TV with our dome. We faced the lake and things were fine. The geese were there as mentioned, and they do leave droppings all over. Not too much of a problem for us since we were only staying overnight. We had spent the previous night in the Kiptopke State park for $42 and we thought that, compared to the State Park, this was a better deal. The water pressure was sufficient and there were several sewer hook-up locations on the site which made that portion very easy. The electrical service was fine at 50 amp. We did not venture around the lake into the other area of the park so I can't comment about the condition of units there. In the passed several months of travel, in the East and West, we have noticed that ALL private parks seem to be allowing more and more "permanent" residents. The economy has forced many people to seek more affordable housing, and the large reduction in tourist traffic has forced the park owners to seek revenue wherever they can get it. I expect more "permanent" residents when I travel and I guess I am just happy that most of the RV parks have remained open in these tough times. As long as they are neat, it doesn't bother me since we very seldom stay more than one night. I would stay in this park again if in the area, especially since your choices are limited in this part of Maryland. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Motorhome.

aj3u

This is more of a trailer park than a campground. Most of the people here are living here full time. We have a 37' foot 5th wheel and they assigned us a spot near the back of the campground. It was very difficult to get to the spot due to the overgrown trees and narrow roads. Once we made it to our spot, we found it to be way too small for our trailer. About this time, a very nice maintenance guy drove up on a golf cart and said, "I don't think you will fit in that spot, do you want a pull-thru" up near the front? I gladly accepted and he helped me back up and navigate to the new spot. Otherwise, the campground was full so if that pull-thru was not available, we would have probably had to leave and find a Walmart for the night. I did not go in the camp store, but my wife said what little was on the shelves looked like it had been there for years. I walked by the bath house and it was so run down and nasty looking on the outside, I did not even dare go inside. There is a Walmart about 6 miles south in Pocomoke City. If we are in this area again and have no other options, we will probably stay at that Walmart for the night rather than come back here. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tigggerdad

This campground is the worst we have ever stayed in. There is a lake that is full of scum. Geese wander the grounds and droppings are everywhere. Pull throughs are short with no place to park if you unhook. Power was low and voltage dropped to 110v when A/C was on. We had to run fridge and water heater on propane. Water pressure was low. Many hanging limbs to snag rig and roads full of ruts. Place was full of old motor homes, campers with rusted out frames that sat on the ground. There were many permanent residents and campers at the other sites with about 8-10 for overnighters. Couldn't find trash receptacles. Rate was $36. w/no discounts. Three local tv stations are the only ones available. We were headed to Delaware and needed an overnight stop and passed 2 state parks south of Pocomoke City that we should have stayed in but I gave credit card # to hold reservation. Woodall's lists this campground at Pocomoke City but the physical addresss is in Westover, Maryland. Pass this place up. We camped at Lake Somerset Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Lake Somerset Family Campground?