Ramblin' Pines Campground

• Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Lake Lake yes

docj

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $49.00

We stay at this park twice a year for a week while visiting family. It's a well-run park; lots of rules and not inexpensive, but it's consistently good. I do question why an overnight visitor costs $10 but the same person as part of your camping party would only be $5, but other than that I have no complaints. If you're spending more than one night, make sure you borrow a gate pass; otherwise you'll end up leaving your car outside one night. The deposit for the pass is now $40; we were told that too many of them weren't being returned when it was $20. Contrary to what was posted in a previous review, it is possible to get satellite reception if you request one of the "front" sites. It's takes a bit of positioning, but we were able to get DirecTV.

It's worth noting that approaching the park via MD94 is easier than via MD97. Both are doable, but we use 94 since we are coming from the west, anyway. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Medico

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $58.00

Overall this park does not seem to care about customer service. Perhaps this is because they cater to weekend guests from Baltimore and do not really care what out of town guests say. Unfortunately there are not many alternatives in Maryland, especially near Baltimore. Overall the park is OK, not outstanding. The facilities are clean, but could use some updating. They do have things for kids to do. Again the playground equipment could use some TLC. Do not believe everything the web site states. For example the "petting zoo" is comprised of a pen with 2 goats and a sign on the fence that states the goats bite. The miniature golf costs extra, even for those guests that have paid extra to visit with a camper in the park. There are a lot of sites crowded together. Even the larger sites are not big although they have quite a few sites that can accommodate large rigs lengths. However you side neighbors will be close. Most of the roads are paved, but none of the sites are. They do have 50A/30A electric service and full hook ups with basic cable. Do not try to get your satellite to work, the entire park is heavily wooded. Our biggest problem with the park is their total lack of customer service. We voiced 2 separate questions which ultimately became complaints and the staff's response in both cases was "oh well". This take it or leave it attitude really put me off. They know basically they are about the only game in town so take it or leave it. For the quality of the park and the need for some TLC, we felt the prices were high, but again, there is little or no competition. I will probably be stuck going back when we visit our daughter only because there is nothing close other than this park, but I cannot recommend it for those wishing a quiet park to stay for a week when visiting Baltimore. It is pretty noisy on the weekend. Read all the reviews then decide for yourself. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Eddiecresta

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $50.00

Excellent campground. Very family friendly. Friendly staff in office and store. We'll kept campground. Only stayed here one night while traveling to Penn. Live professional entertainment in pavilion. Hard to get into our back-in site but most others would be OK. We would stay here again. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

User3064

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $52.00

Here's my report on Ramblin Pines Campground, Woodbine, MD. It's about 30 miles southwest of Baltimore and close to I-70 in MD. It's been there at least 30 years. Over 200 sites. Well maintained, the restrooms were small but clean and updated. They have a lot of amenities such as a fishing pond, pool, horse shoes, bounce pad and shuffle board. We had a nice corner site that included sewer, cable, electric and water. You could tell this was an older park because they had a telephone outlet as well. The staff was nice and the store was well stocked. The only issue I had was that the water supply was encased in a large concrete pipe placed vertically in the ground with a cement cap. I imagine this is so that they don't have pipe freezing issues. However, it was very difficult to get the water hooked up. I tried leaning down into it with no success. I had to get into the pipe and squat down in order to get the water hooked up. Then repeat the process in order to disconnect and rinse. This was very inconvenient. Other than that we had a nice time here and would return to this park. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

docj

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $50.00

This is a very nice, heavily wooded RV park conveniently located just off I-70 in the Baltimore/DC area. We had an extremely long fairly private pull-through. I think the previous review must have been submitted by someone who lives in an alternate universe than the one I inhabit. These sites are definitely not small by commercial RV park standards. The roads are paved; the sites are gravel with lots of leaves, but it is a forest! The trees were too dense for us to get satellite TV. There is cable, but we streamed Verizon and the signal strength was excellent. The staff were very friendly when we checked in and led us to our site. There are lots of activities and a pool for kids. It isn't cheap, but this close to a major metro area you can't really expect to pay much less. It is obvious that many of the RVs are here on a seasonal basis but the park looks very nice. One oddity about the park that we learned the hard way was that the security gate is closed after 11pm and you must have a key card to get back in. Cards require a $20 deposit but at midnight we had to leave our car outside and walk to our site. I would have given the park a "10" if it weren't for this. We have family in the area and we will definitely be back. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

HRambler

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $48.00

I have stayed at this park at least 5 times over the last 7 years, as it is near our summer home base and is where we store our MH over the summer. I can't see how someone could give this campground a 3 but to each his own, and it probably stems more from some personal issue than the campgrounds quality, but some issues can cause some major ill feelings. The campground is clean, the staff is mostly friendly although I do find they work at a very slow pace, I can't imagine how long it would take to check in during a busy time. There are about a dozen campsites in the open where satellite is possible, but other than those, just plan on using the included cable (newly added in the last few years). The playground, although a little aged, is functional and the pool is OK. They have a snack bar during the busy season. Some of the sites are a little rough to get into because of the dense vegetation. The only real issue I have had, and I find this at a number of parks, is that when the camp host takes you to the site and gives directions for backing up, they use such small and unintelligible hand singles, you would think they were sitting behind you, rather than 40-50 feet away. This was also done at dusk getting into a very wooded site. When possible I have my wife do this job as she is much better at it than someone that supposedly does it many times a day. The office store is well stocked, they have a miniature golf course and do recycle aluminum cans. They have a sizable storage lot, but it is very pricey at over $100 a month. They do have a captive audience in the DC area. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Nomad297

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $68.00

Relatively clean campground with mostly very small sites with minimal privacy. All of the decent sites have been taken by seasonals, leaving only the bottom of the barrel for those vacationing or passing through. Most sites seem to be pretty level. Staff is mostly friendly and helpful, but there is one rogue staff member who is very unfriendly, rude and makes you feel like you shouldn't be there -- you know the saying about one bad apple -- staff is constantly roaming the streets on their loud gas-powered golf carts which really is an annoyance, just like somebody running a construction generator all day, but at least they're available when you need them. Ramblin Pines is best-suited as a one-night-stop type of place, and is not a place where I would want to spend a vacation. There is an area for dogs to be off-leash, but it is very small and you are limited to a maximum of fifteen minutes in this area -- I have never run into this before. In short, Ramblin Pines is overpriced for the amenities and campsites provided. We will not be back. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Travel Trailer.

HappyCamperLouie

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $55.00

Very quaint, woodsy, fun campground. We live 20 miles from the campground and this was the first time staying. Roads are paved and well marked. Hook-ups are easy to use; placement is great. Lots for the kids to do; they especially liked the "jumping pillow" and game room. Also had tractor rides that were fun. Some of the amenities were not open for season yet (i.e., ice cream, etc.) but we will probably come back since it is so convenient and well kept. Also offers Good Sam Club discounts. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

E&E

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $40.00

Nice dog park. Friendly staff. Back-in site was OK but rocky -- not as smooth as gravel. Nice pool. Would stay again. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Travel Trailer.

User2446

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $55.00

This is one of our favorite campgrounds, beautifully wooded, level, wide graveled sites, paved interior roads. It is quite convenient to I-70. Friendly and helpful staff. We were here off-season, during the season there are lots of weekend family activities planned. Convenient to both Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. Laundry rooms clean, exercise room available. It attracts groups who like to socialize on holiday weekends, but the campground for the most part is quiet and peaceful. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

steerroper

Date of Stay: November, 2012 - $55.00

I just gave this park a 5 rating because I think it is overly priced for what you get. Forget about using your satellite dish for TV. Too many trees. The only place you might have satellite reception is in the front spaces and they close those off the end of Oct so they can turn the water off and prevent freezing. Then they can charge you for using their cable TV. I stayed here for 5 weeks for a job and the site they put me in was a back-in and not very level. I had to block up and still could not get completely level but it sufficed. $750/mo plus the electric plus your cable TV. It is fairly convenient to Baltimore and all the help was friendly. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

Capt.Deb

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $50.00

This is a nice, clean park. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Most of the sites are shady. They were all decorated for Halloween. The bathrooms were clean, but small, and not as private as I like. The Wi-Fi worked, but was very slow. We would stay there again if in the area. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

LearnToRV-com

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $57.00

Overall I felt the campground, while nice, was fairly expensive. They do a pretty good job of describing this all on their rates page: - for a water, sewer and electric site, their base rate is $52.50. Extra persons over 2 people were $5.00 per day. Cable (which we did not purchase and I noticed on their sheet was only about 12 channels) was $3.00 per day. Mini golf was $3.50 per person (not sure if this was per game, or what) - bounce pillow was $3.00 per person (for the weekend). I don't mind paying for the amenities used and this kind of ala cart menu lets you do that. But, I felt like the base rate was pretty spendy to add things on top of it. Our site was in their "Front Row" sites - FR10, specifically. These sites were long enough for my 42' fifth wheel and crew cab, long bed dually 3500 If I pushed a little further back into the site and possibly left the tail gate down with the fifth wheel hitch hang over the bed. Ultimately, I parked in the grassy area across from the site. The bad...the sites are really narrow. With the way the escorts situated me on the site, my driver's side wheels were right on the edge of the gravel - my slides then extended 3' into the neighbor's site. Fortunately, it was just used at night by the neighbor's hired driver and they weren't actively using that site (they used the next one over where their beautiful/million-dollar motorhome was parked). These sites are in full sun - there was only a tree line behind me. The water hookup is the strangest thing I've experienced in my limited RV'ing - it's literally in a 18" round tube sunk down into the ground that you have to move a concrete cover to get access to it; the water nozzle itself was under ground level by 3"- 4". Because I parked where the escorts guided me, my site was fairly unlevel side to side - 4 lynx leveler blocks and I was still off a bit because they sunk into the ground somewhat. This was partly my fault as I should have moved more onto the gravel and I think it would have helped. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the camper lost power while we were at the pool - my alarm clock was blinking like the time wasn't set. My view was of the 2 RV storage parking lots (pretty storage, but not my idea of a campground view). My daughter tried to use the shower in the bathhouse, but could only get cold water out. Wi-Fi was NOT available everywhere - not at our sites and it was spotty as we walked around. That all said, the rest of the campground was fully shaded and tree covered. The roads through it would accommodate a big rig (I didn't drive it at all, but we walked all around one morning). Neither good nor bad, the site seems to be comprised of 75% or more seasonals. They had some of the best sites in the park, obviously. Electric, water and sewer were fully at the rear of the sites - I was at my max for hose length for water and sewer. In fact, my hose for my black water tank flush wasn't long enough. With my Watts water regulator, I had decent water for showers in the camper. We had no rudeness issues with the staff (though, funny that someone mentioned the older gentleman in overalls at a golf cart- he was there and not overly friendly). If I were to camp here again, given my size (42' + long bed/crew cab/dually), I would ask for one of the pull-thru A1-A7 or D30/31 might fit a big rig. D13 was OK, but it's fire pit faced the road - seems like you'd have little to no privacy. Finally, if you drive I-70 and take Rt. 97 north - trust the 20mph road signs through the curves. Going north, the dip near the train tracks needs to be taken SLOW. I didn't come from/to Rt. 94, so I can't comment on that approach. I'm on the fence if I'd stay here again. For me, it was an OK campground that's close to home (30 minutes). We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mushmouth

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $47.00

This place is about as good as it gets if you're visiting Baltimore, but be prepared for a 45 minute drive. First the good: long, level, shady sites with adequate spacing. The staff in the office were pleasant and helpful. Grounds are well cared for and clean. Now the bad: Cable TV available at only a few sites for an additional $3 per day which seems high given the already too high fees. The electric was very low at times. (Down to 102 at one point.) In fairness, it was very hot. The laundry room had only 3 working machines, was not air-conditioned, too expensive, and dirty. Three machines was completely inadequate for a campground of this size (and price) and there was always a line. I know exactly the staff member on the golf cart, that the previous reviewer was referring to. He seemed to be wearing the same overalls every day and was quite rude to us as well. All other staff members were fine. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Motorhome.

brooklynbound

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $100.00

We have been to this campground once or twice a year since 2006 and have no complaints. We usually never leave the park as there's plenty to do to keep busy. The staff and other patrons are friendly and they don't have a high turnover of personnel. The cabins are very well supplied with everything you need to cook and stay comfortably. They are also beautifully decorated beyond what you would expect from a campground. It's like visiting someone's home. The only recommendation I would have to the owner is to maybe add the addition of cable in the cabins and a second TV in the bedroom of the deluxe cabins. We camped at Ramblin' Pines Campground in a Campground Cabin.

Are you affiliated with Ramblin' Pines Campground?