Coldbrook Resort & Campground

Barre, Massachusetts
Phone: (978) 355-2090

Recent Rate: $57 5/2012

djja

The entrance up to the gate and office was nice. They even said they would escort us to our site. As soon as we went through the gate and started down the hill I thought, what did I get us into? The roads are steep and unpaved, the sites are crowed by tall pine trees and the hookups are far away from where your camper sits. This wouldn't have been a problem if someone told us so I could have been a little more prepared. The activities for the weekend were either canceled or scaled down for one reason or another and the seasonal campers seem to run this place. They do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like doing it, for example, drinking with loud music until 2 AM and walking around swearing as much as the please. The pool was opened when we were here but it was two feet low and the water was green, I cant believe that they would let people in water like that. The state of the art arcade was in need of much repair and updating, again another disappointment. I would say that I would never bring my family back here and strongly urge anyone reading this not to bring theirs here either We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

wfmdfm

The staff at this campground was great. When we arrived we were escorted to our site. The person who escorted us could not have been more helpful. The site was much too small for our rig and the staff member quickly radioed and put us on a site that we fit fine. We were told when we reserved we would need a 25ft sewer hose. I bought an extension. Al we needed was a 5 ft hose on either site. The seasonal campers were a huge draw back. The site next to us was a junk yard. Discarded gas grills and junk laying around. The other sites near by were not well kept and trashy campers. It could be a nice campground if they would force some campers to clean up there junk. They should consider an area for weekenders away from the trash sites. We will not return to this campground. We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

JMA33

We camped here the first weekend the park opened and the weather was not cooperating, however, the park has an abundance of shaded, woody, level full hookup sites for small to mid-sized RVs. I wouldn't want to be here in a diesel pusher as the roads are not level and some are narrow. The park has no cable and Wi-Fi is not available at sites (only at the store/office area). I gave it a very generous 7 since the new general manager went of his way to find me a great site and let me choose. They are trying to improve this campground but it needs quite a bit of work. The facilities in need of updating such as the recreation hall, playground, pools, etc. The store was very much understocked even for basic amenities, however, it was the first weekend. Tried to fish in the catch and release pond but some seasonal children told me that nobody fishes there as there is a drain that runs into the nearby brook and all the fish they stock find an escape route almost immediately. The executive style (par 3) golf course actually looks well-maintained and if the weather was better, I would have played ($10 greens fee). The sense is that management is trying hard to create a better campground but it is slowly evolving. They plan to have Wi-Fi throughout the park sometime in the 2011 season. The management and seasonals (heavy on seasonals here) are very nice and want you to enjoy your stay. Probably deserves a 6. If you're just looking for a nice shaded site to camp in Western MA, it's fine, but don't expect anything more. We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Stephen B.

Nice campground. My site was difficult to get into, narrow road and not very level. A lot of the sites seemed small, and the campground was very hilly, not conducive to a larger trailer or 5th wheel rig. Big on-site store and rec room. It had a 9 hole Par 3 golf course on site which was OK, not as well maintained as a full sized golf course, but good for recreation. Seemed to have a lot of activities for kids. Overall it was pleasant. We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

meister

The office area looks very nice. but when we continued onto our campsite I thought oh no... It looked very messy. They needed to weed wacky. I think new owners they've had it for a year. They were working on the pools this weekend. The kiddy pool finally opened on Sunday. The big pools was getting all new pipes. There are a lot of seasonals and it's more of a party campground. I thought I was going to mind that but it didn't bother us at all. The seasonals and everyone at the campground were very very nice. They didn't bother you about putting your fire out at a certain time and the staff was very helpful with everything. Be aware that you will need extra extension and hose for reach your hookups. They supplied these for us but for people who came in later I don't think they had enough extensions for everyone. Overall this campground was OK. It needs work. I'd like to see it 5 yrs from now. We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Chuck  Ct.

We camped here for the 09 Fourth of July weekend and I must say in my twenty years of camping found this place to be the second worse campground we have ever stayed in. Too many drunk people driving around in golf carts all night long. Someone will definitely get hurt, if they have not already. The pools were green and could not be used. However, some of the drunks went in. Our campsite had a cable t.v. wire running across the ground next to the fireplace that my children kept tripping on, even after several complaints to the management they still did nothing about it. My kid got to use the arcade on the first day then the change machine ran out of quarters and the store clerk said they did not have enough change so that was it for the arcade. Morgan R.V. should be ashamed at how bad there campground and service is. I know we won't be back. We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

BWhite

We toured this place before committing. The campground can be best described as a dirty dusty "project". Don't bother. We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Pellab

Let me start by saying that if you had more than 4 teeth in your mouth you were definitely not going to like it here. It is over run by seasonals who have old, rusty, broken down MH's and "park models" that have been added to. The lean-to's with blue tarp all over them. Saturday morning brought one of the park drunks out of his unit hollering that he was now on vacation and could drink for entire week without stopping. Looked to me like he had done that before. Many folks had added "decks" to the side of their units and the decks all held the old fashioned 4 foot stereo speakers that were constantly blaring Conway Twitty, The Oakridge Boys and Whalen Jennings. Now, I'm a fan of music but this was too much. We complained to the management but they did nothing. Dogs were allowed to roam where they wanted. One of the worst experiences we have ever had!! Stay Away!! We camped at Coldbrook Resort & Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Coldbrook Resort & Campground?