Bernardston, Massachusetts

• Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $25.00

We have been traveling straight for 90 days and over 10,000 miles and have now stayed at lots of places. This, hands down, was the friendliest place we stayed. I asked for a pull-thru site, but the woman at the desk (I suspect the owner) put us in an end back-in site that she let us pull-thru. This backed (or fronted in our case) to a huge grass area that the playground was on the other side of. Site was all beautiful grass. The seasonal folks there were so friendly: chatting with us and asking me if I needed anything. In the office, they helped me find things to do in the area and gave my kids ice pops on the way out.

I would rate this a 9 1/2, only taking off because the bathrooms, though totally clean, were older and I opted not to shower there. I would 100% come back here if we are in the area again.

*** NOTE: Be sure to use their directions. The exit closest to them goes through a narrow 11' underpass.*** We camped at Travelers Woods in a Fifth Wheel.

We visited the Eric Carle Museum in Amherst, MA with my children. Second time we have been there. Could spend hours in the library, art room and the bookstore, let alone the exhibits. Then visited Flayvors of Cook Farm down the road for some very excellent ice cream. We also visited the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne Falls: a very beautiful area to walk around.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $25.00

This is a nice campground conveniently located off of I-91. A bit too close, in fact. So close that the sound of the highway is constant. Otherwise we would have given them a 10. We were thankful for the access indications on their website, which avoided us a low bridge. We asked for a site with good internet only to find it broken down for the first three days of or stay. After that it was repaired and worked well. The campground's managers are camping there, too, and are available at all times and very helpful. The campground doesn'thave full hook- ups except by the highway, so we chose the W/E only option. No regrets, they have a bi-weekly sewer collection service at $4, very reasonable. The bathrooms and laundry are very nice, situated at the office's lower level. The office has a store and a lounge area. The whole campground is very well kept. Overall it is very good value. Grocery shopping is somewhat far but several small towns are around for restaurants. We camped for one week in a motorhome. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $13.00

We enjoyed our stay here. It is in the country and very well cared for. Management was helpful and friendly. Being close to the end of August there were not very many "transients" so we felt like we almost had the park to ourselves. Nice and quiet. If in the area we would stay here again. They brought us a picnic table upon request very quickly...a plus for management and service. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $13.00

Stayed July 9 to 13th. Park was very clean quiet. Staff was really friendly, always ready to help in any way. Small river runs along the side of campground very nice. Propane available on site. Some site have sewer but dump station available as well as staff will pump the tanks if needed. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

4 miles to Greenfield ma. Mile to Bernardston. Pringles Candle in town.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

There are a few sites along the exit loop near the front of the building that have sewer connections. The rest are on a lower level in a mowed grassy area with electric and water only. The center of the loop are pull through sites, the rest around it are backins. One side of the loops backups up to a small river. The back in sites mostly have shared hookups meaning that the post will be on the wrong side for most, but we had no problem passing the cord and hose under the trailer. There's a large community pavilion in the loop. The campground is close to the interstate, but it is lightly traveled at night. Mostly what I heard was trucks passing over the expansion joints on an overpass and it sounded like distant thunder. There is not local TV reception here. Satellite reception is dependent on site and trees. As another has noted, there is an 11' overpass on River St if coming from the north. Cross St is narrow at the junction with River St. so as another has noted, ask when making reservations for the best route if you have a large rig. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Travel Trailer.

Historic Deerfield, candle shops between Bernardston and Greenfield and in Deerfield, Poet's Seat Tower in Greenfield, South Sugarloaf Mountain Observation Tower - South Deerfield (state park entrance fee), glacial potholes - Shelburne Falls

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $17.00

A wonderful find in the Berkshires. Next to I-91 just below the MA/VT line. Pull-thru site was in the center of a large grass field with lots of room for rig and truck. Great Wi-Fi, but no TV reception at all. Lots to do and see in the area. Park closes for season on Oct. 15, but may be good for leaf color viewing.

CAUTION, low overpass (11 feet) on River Street approaching park from the north. Check park website for details or call for specific directions. Great value. Will stay here again. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Fifth Wheel.

R22

Be sure to visit Shelburne Falls, MA and see the bridge of flowers in the downtown area. Good food at the West End Pub. The park is also close to Northfield Mount Hermon School.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $15.00

We stayed 3 nights here and enjoyed our stay. The campground is very clean. Utilities worked well, and we had a clear shot of the sky for satellite. We enjoyed visiting Shelburne Falls (the Bridge of Flowers, and the Glacier Potholes), and also took a nice long hike at nearby High Ledges Wildlife Sanctuary. We also had an awesome pizza from Hillside Pizza, just up the road from the campground. My only complaint is that since the camgground is right near the interstate, there is some road noise. That being said, we would still return if in the area. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $25.00

Friendly staff and campers. Nice landscaping all around, a tall hedge aisle way gives privacy to sites on the path to the bath house and rec room.

We were offered a pull through when they realized we were only staying one night.

We did not discover the nice rec room until we were checking out. They have quite a library, big TV and many DVDs comfy chairs and sofas too. It is upstairs from the showers, which were clean and lots of mirrors and counters, almost like a dressing table. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

Rally sites

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $13.00

Nice, quiet park with level sites. Excellent managers with positive attitudes. Enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

T255

Millers Falls short distance with quaint village style shopping. Excellent pizza at local shop in downtown area. Interesting town history as well.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $13.00

I found this park to be just about perfect, and the only drawback was the very close-by I-91 which generated a constant but not excessive hum of noise. The hosts were outstandingly nice and helpful. I was led to my grassy site by a host who changed my site to one with nice shade and no neighbor on one side. The rate shown is $12.50 Passport America rate for a W/E site, valid on Sunday through Wednesday on a once-a-month basis. The park is quiet and all the staff is friendly. I could not tell if any of the rigs were seasonal, but did not see too many people during my 3 day mid-week stay. There was zero over-the-air TV reception, but free park wi-fi worked well. Verizon phone worked well. Although it looks like the easiest way to get to the park off I-91, people arriving must not use River Road if your rig is over 11-0 feet as the narrow overpass blocks the road. Best to call the office and ask how to get there. I enjoyed my stay and am looking forward to staying again in the near future. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Travel Trailer.

I stayed here to ride the rail-trails in Northampton and Adams. Driving to Adams is a bit far, but I knew the trail and wanted to use it again. Brattleboro or Greenfield would be closest towns. Historic Deerfield is nearby and has interesting history.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $27.00

This is a rural campground in a very pleasant setting, with nice hosts. We liked the setting of the campground. The sites to which we were assigned were in a grassy area. and we used leveling boards to prevent the levelers of out 40-foot-motorhome from sinking in. We had a fair amount of difficulty leveling, having to move back and forth to find the best spot. If you go to this campground, call ahead to get directions and to avoid a very low overpass. The road in has overhanging trees, that brushed the top of our motorhome, but did no damage. This is a nice campground and we would go to it again. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $24.00

Nice clean and quiet park. The road leading up to the park was a little narrow with low hanging trees, but our 5th wheel did fine and we are just shy of 13 foot tall and 38 foot long. Sites are grassy, spacious and very level. There is very little road noise. I saw a nice playground for kids, though most of the people here seemed to be older. Hosts were very accommodating and escorted us to our site. I would camp here again. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $17.00

This is a nice and clean park. Rate reflects part of a Passport discount. Very friendly staff. Few FHU sites. They do have a "honey" wagon that goes around once a week on sites that have W/E only. You need to make sure of directions to the park, because if you enter at one end, there is a bridge with only a 11' clearance. I-91 does run along side, but the traffic noise isn't that bad. We would stay here again. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $40.00

This is a great park. It is close to many attractions locally and is clean. The two sewer dump stations are conveniently located as you leave the park. They are clean, in the open, and easy to use. We met the managers and they were very friendly and helpful. The store was complete and the park gives some of the profits to support the Shriners. All in all a great rally in a fun place! I recommend this park when you are in the area! We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $27.00

The sites are grass, it had rained and we had standing water on our site both days, I felt like we camped in a muddy pasture. We were feet from the interstate highway and it was extremely noisy, the garbage truck picked up the dumpsters at 6:15 am waking the whole campground and we were told this is their usual pick up time. There is a 10' bridge which they had told us about and re-routed us around, if someone made reservations earlier than a day or forgot and followed their GPS they would be in a bind because once you realize it there is no where to turn around. We would not stay here again even though the price is so reasonable. We had no antenna or dish reception, Wi-Fi was fair. We camped at Travelers Woods in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Travelers Woods ?