Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort

Brewster, Massachusetts 02631

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $35.00

I loved this campground, it is just so petty. It is heavily wooded and almost every site is really private. We walked around the park just because it was so lovely. The roads are dirt and gravel but no ruts, and we had no problem backing our 30 ft. motorhome into our site. They have fire rings, but I would have preferred a fireplace of rocks. There are good sized picnic tables at each site. Our site was not very level though so if you don't have levelers your will notice that. . The bathrooms needed a bit of attention. The floors around the shower area were muddy and they ran out of soap and paper towels on Sunday. There are a few facilities throughout the campground,but only two showers per bath so you have to wait which is a drag. There is also a mini golf course and a small lodge that has games in the basement. Both require money. The mini golf is $6 per person and is a big ripoff. WiFi is not available at the campsite,so you must bring your laptop to the office area. Firewood is available, around $5 bundle and it was nice and dry. There is no pool or lake but Sheeps Head Lake is very close by and was a wonderful place to swim. We took our bikes as the Cape Cod Rail Trail is fabulous and close by and easy to access. The campground staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Good camp store. We rented a car one day and it was delivered right to the campground. The campground was very quiet and pet friendly. They also have a dog day care facilty if you want to leave the campground and don't bring your dog. It is very reasonable. We didn't use this as they don't require proof of Kennel Cough vaccination. We are looking forward to returning to this campground again in the fall. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $59.00

Campground was heavily wooded and hilly. Staff was professional and friendly. Decently stocked camp store. Noticed campsites, which included ours, could have been better leveled and were in need of grading/gravel. Our site hookups were in good working order. Showers and bathrooms were clean, but shower and changing stalls were too small and needed to be upgraded. Wi-Fi & cell phone worked well. Campground could use a laundry. Too many seasonal sites but they seemed to be in good shape. This campground fits our needs for the area. Would probably return again. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $50.00

Welcoming staff. Stayed in a 35 foot fifth wheel. Dirt/gravel sites that require some leveling. Sites vary, but ours was large, shaded, and private. Trees are well trimmed. Interior roads are dusty gravel. No laundry. Able to access WiFi from site, but hosts indicated that WiFi is only available at store or pavilion. Good TV reception. Play area for children and nice indoor pavilion. Quiet and dark. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $52.00

Easy access from Route 6. This campground has narrow roadways for larger motorhomes. There is plenty to do in the area, easy access to bikeways and waterways for boating enjoyment. Shaded, large, and mostly level sites for RV's. I would stay here again. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $42.00

Nice campground, bigger rigs may be tight. Staff very friendly and helpful. mini golf, basketball courts on site. Close to miles of bike trails. Bathrooms checked on a regular basis. Would definitely stay at again. Gray water drains at each site helpful. Lake for boats and fishing on grounds. Camp store reasonably priced. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $42.00

Sweetwater Forest is set in a rustic Cape Cod environment and is very family friendly, with miniature golf, fishing, a basketball court and playground. While the sites are not extremely favorable for big rigs, a few of the sites can accommodate large motorhomes. I was very much impressed with the staff. I had a problem with my slide out, and the staff worked on the problem for two hours. When I tried to give them some money for their trouble, they refused to take it, saying that the problem occurred while I was staying there and they would take care of it before I left. I would highly recommend Sweetwater Forest for family camping. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $37.00

We camped at this location early in the season. Not much activity at the campground for the time of year. Sites were clean and had very nice, natural fire pits. This is in a great location close to bike trails and most of the Cape activities. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $37.00

It was okay at best. Campsites were not well kept and that was the theme for entire campground. We stayed one day, then left to go to a campground about a mile or so down the road. We were glad that we relocated; we salvaged our vacation. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $46.00

We are avid campers and this was our second summer at Sweetwater Forest Campground. We stayed for an extended amount of time in the T-area full hook-ups (not to be confused with the Seasonal T's). Although the landscape of the site itself is "hilly" the sites themselves are very level. All of the sites have plenty of trees & shade around them to have privacy from the neighbors. They don't have lights throughout the campground so bring flashlight! If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful, sentimental, tranquil vacation, then this is the place for you. They've been around for 52 years. It's been owned by one family since their opening in the 50's. The store is always well stocked with the necessities plus parts you would normally have to go find at an RV store. I'd like to spend the next paragraph commmending the service. The "outside crew" works diligently and you don't ever see them standing around doing nothing. They are private and family run, so their staff isn't huge. They do a pretty darn good job considering. I've read other reviews on here about the bathrooms; they just rebuilt two of the stations so they will never clog. Also, for some reason I've noticed that when people go on vacation they tend not to care and leave the place a mess. Other than the mud if it rains, I don't understand why other campers can't be curteous to clean up after themselves instead of trashing the bathrooms. The office staff: Very Impressive. I have to single out a few people. I made my reservation last year with the tall guy (not allowed to use names) and he was very pleasant and easy going. He promised me that I would love the site and that I was going to have a wonderful vacation and that if I didn't he could tell the boss it was him. I liked the responsibility he showed and confidence. I was happy when I called this year and he took my reservation again. He was again pleasant and confident. He even remembered the name. When I got there, the guy with the chinstrap checked me in but the tall guy was also there. The guy with the chinstrap was also great. Very informative and sincere. The two of them together are ideal for customer service. They do a great job representing the business. When my husband and I went into the office for information, or the store for a snack, we always found ourselves in conversation. Although we didn't really get to know the rest of the staff, they seemed pleasant enough. I would highly recommend this campground to anyone who is looking for a great vacation. If you're looking to relax and take it easy, then this is it; and that's what vacation is all about anyway, right? We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $46.00

We camped at T-7. This is a very nice campground. We pulled into the site without a problem, hookups were very close together, within a couple of feet so all I need were standard 10' size water and sewer length. The good things. This is a very private area, lots of playgrounds is a plus for very active kids, evening hayrides with free popcorn. Great activity center with video games and satellite TV. Very, very close to the Cape Cod rail trail. The not so good things. Wish there was swimming on the grounds: no pool and no swimming in the pond. I think if they added a pool it would be perfect. Only 4 channels on cable TV, couldn't get anything on the antenna either. Would go back again when the kids are older and can go to the beach and bike. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

cjp

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $34.00

Perfect location for exploring Cape Cod. Campsites are spacious and wooded offering some privacy. It has a pleasant atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. We like the C section best, even though there is no sewer hookup in that area. Would stay again. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2009 - $55.00

Wish I could give better than 7 as we really did like this place but the road are terrible for anything larger than a 25 footer. They had put us in a double site as our 34 footer wouldn't fit in any of the left over single sites they had (yes, we did have reservations). We were unable to connect to the hookups until they told us to go the wrong way on the roads so we could get the motorhome in with the hookups on the correct side. They had only a few Full hookup sites but the dump station was decent enough to make it OK just to have Grey water dump on site. Hookups were OK. Was raining when we got there so it was nothing but mud (nothing they can do about the weather). The fire wood for sale was terribly wet. You may think we didn't like this place by what I write but it is a very decent place if you want to be deep in the woods with peace and quite. We would stay here again, we just might need to be in a part of the park that is meant for a 34 footer or larger. Oh and no lights, best part of it, so bring a good flash light. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $46.00

We wanted a campground that was in the center of the Cape but didn't want to be in a "sardine can" type resort park. After careful research that included reading reviews given on this website, we decided to give Sweetwater Forest a try. We had site T14 which was a narrow, pull thru site. It was adequate in that it was private. The closest neighbor was easily 50 to 75 feet away as the site is parallel to the camp road. This is a very large park and had a very nice tent area. The best thing about Sweetwater Forest for us was its central location to the Cape. Having never been there, we wanted to explore every inch and this parks location allowed us to divide the cape into three days with equal travel time each day. The electrical service was very dependable as we ran our A/C the whole time we were there and they did not charge a fee. We will stay here again when we visit the Cape again. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $46.00

I took of 1 star for the attitude of the girl in the office when I first called to make the reservation. She seemed to think her time was more important then mine. The roads were pretty bad. Nothing is paved. The place was too much of a dust bowl for my wife. There was pretty much no grass at all. Also, we had a tree that was rotted out, I guess because of termites. I was actually concerned it would fall on my trailer if the winds kicked up. We were there while they were talking about a possible hurricane. When I brought it the attention of the office they said that they knew about it but they were not concerned that it would fall on my trailer. If I wanted, I could leave (with no refund). Make sure you use a filter on the water supply. When I disconnected it I could actually see rust and debris. I suspect it is well water. They gave us a key because the gate closes at 10pm. We came back at least 4 nights after 10pm and it was never locked. On the positive side, sites were big and pretty heavily wooded, especially for that area of the Cape. Other campers that we spoke to were very nice. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $46.00

This was one of the nicest campsites we've stayed at. Sites are large, clean and well spaced. The sites are mostly shaded and the campsite in general is very quite. Everything else has already been mentioned by the other reviewers. Will definitely stay here again. We camped at Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort

Are you affiliated with Sweetwater Forest Family Camping Resort ?