Lake Manchaug Camping

East Douglas, Massachusetts

• yes-lake Waterfront

cnms248

My family and I spent a week at this campground and had such a wonderful time. Camping has become a summer hobby of ours and we were delighted to find a place that finally met the criteria we were looking for. The grounds were clean, the lake was beautiful, and there was no loud night time noise to keep my two children awake- something that I have run into problems with during stays at other parks. The management was very helpful, and even delivered firewood to our campsite for us. My husband and I enjoyed a live band around a bonfire right by the lake - very relaxing, and my two children really liked the movie night offered as well as tie dye your shirt day. We brought along our dog, and even though there is a no pet walking policy, there was a private road adjacent to the park where we were able to walk him every morning. If you are looking for an enjoyable real camping experience, this is the place to be. We camped at Lake Manchaug Camping in a Motorhome.

Tracy2013

Not a family friendly campground. It is better described as retirement like atmosphere. Early quiet time and the owners begin loud work like trimming trees and dumping gravel very early in the morning. No activities for children and their cash-is-king deals are anything but! We camped at Lake Manchaug Camping in a Fifth Wheel.

rvmamabel

We spent five nights at this peaceful country campground, and I can't quite decide if it was a good campground or not. One thing is for certain: it was definitely unusual. Most of the campground is carved into a forested hillside. This meant that the sites are nicely distanced from one-another and the trees provide privacy and a sense of peacefulness. The waterfront sites appeared to be fully taken by seasonals. During our stay, we were the only camper we saw entering or exiting the campground: translation: there is nothing going on here. It is a great place to do nothing but listen to the chipmunks. One huge drawback: not only was there no wi-fi, but not even a wi-fi hot spot or store. Even worse: no cell reception! I couldn't get internet on the iPad all week. We never saw employees working on the place: the front entrance is a dump. So, if you want a peaceful retreat, this is the place for you. However, with a base price of $50, and $5/kid/day (why?!), we paid $60/night, which in my opinion, is hugely overpriced for a no-frills campground with absolutely no amenities. There appeared to be 2-3 other campgrounds in the nearby area, they appeared busier, but perhaps would be of more interest. We camped at Lake Manchaug Camping in a Travel Trailer.

RVerMJ

This is a beautiful campground on the lake, however, if you don't have a waterfront site there's really no reason to stay here. There is no cable TV if you are here for less than a month, no WiFi, no clubhouse or activities and I couldn't use my rooftop satellite because of the trees. If we were here longer I think my portable dish would have worked because we had a shot over the lake. They swore that they told us of their restrictive pet policy, but I'm sure I would have remembered since I never encountered anything like it in my 20 years of motorhoming. Pets can only be walked on your site so we walked our little dog around and around our motorhome on the gravel. Very strange. The location is really beautiful, though, on the waterfront sites. We camped at Lake Manchaug Camping in a Motorhome.

DMG

The camp website indicates that it allows dogs, but it is not pet-friendly at all. While trying to obey the many pet rules, and given that it was our first (and last) visit, we were continually given a hard time and made to feel very unwelcome. Also, a staff member was VERY RUDE to one or our guests. While the site was spacious, and the park clean, I would never recommend this campground to anyone that expects to be treaty respectfully and fairly. We camped at Lake Manchaug Camping in a Motorhome.

JButler

A nice environment in the woods, but not a lot to do unless you own a boat. The beach is nice, the facilities were clean, but it could use a camp store, or at least a place nearby to buy ice. Biggest negative is you could not take your dog off site, so not even pleasant evening walks around the campground. We camped at Lake Manchaug Camping in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Lake Manchaug Camping?