Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

East Wareham, Massachusetts

Recent Rate: $50 8/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

Rob&Terri

This is a very popular campground, judging by the activity - especially during the weekends. It's entirely sand and dirt with no concrete or grass anywhere, but plenty of trees. The entire campground is spread throughout a forest and the roads are primitive but navigable. Most of the residents seem to be permanent, or at least semi-permanent. Electric and water service is good and the sites are well spaced. There is a beach that must draw a lot of activity on the weekend because they block the road off during that time. Since we departed on Saturday morning we had to detour around the beach (through the woods) on our exit. There is a security gate that requires a swipe card to gain access - or manual access by a park attendant. The swipe card costs $10 but you get your money back when it is returned. All the in any way. Perfect home base for exploring the local area (Cape Cod, Boston, RI, etc.) I don't think I would stay here again with a motorhome. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

Gala62

Maple Park Campground is no longer affiliated with Jellystone Parks. I've provided the correct website address. We stayed recently from Sunday through Weds, just after the 4th of July holiday. The CG was still packed when we arrived on Sunday so we had an opportunity to see their customer service at full capacity. And I have to say I was impressed. They hire quite a few WorkKampers and these people are professionals. They take great pride in this lovely campground. The location is very good - situated close to Cape Cod, Plymouth and not too far from Boston. It's located on 2 sandy ponds which provide the swimming access (no pools). The water was fairly clean (it was a pond after all!) and both beaches were very popular for both lounging and swimming. The sites are a huge mix of easy to access and holy cow - you'd better know what you're doing! The staff are pretty well versed in what sites work best for each type of camper so be sure to tell them what you need. The interior roads are very tight and congested in spots - again, if you're a novice, be forewarned! Some are spacious and level and others are NOT. This is a campground where it really pays to know as much as you can before you go. When I made our reservation, I was upfront about wanting a bit of privacy (while realizing this IS a campground!) and she put us in a spot that didn't have anyone around us. Nice. So they try if you ask nicely. All of the facilities I saw were in good working order. Bathrooms were good. They have a nice activities lodge, a coffee shop, boat rentals, ice cream and a camp store. And golf cart rentals! This place is huge!! Many people here either rent one or have their own. We did fine for the few days with our truck, but probably going back would rent one. All in all, this is a great family campground. Quiet at night, no noise or other issues at all. Rules seemed sensible. Easy to relax and close to great attractions. Just be careful which site you get! We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Mike and Rose

Staff was friendly. We were in the Out Post sites located back by the cranberry bogs. Very neat and clean campground. Plenty of walking areas and trails around the many bogs and ponds. We will definitely return to this park. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

loringsontheroad

We read several positive reviews about this campground, which encouraged us to select it for our latest getaway. Reviews are so helpful. We really enjoyed this park! My husband loved our campsite: spacious, shaded. It was such a hot weekend, yet there was a lovely breeze blowing through the grounds. Their good size pond(s) with clean sandy beach is a nice place to spend the day. The staff was friendly, helpful; facilities clean. We also never saw a campground with so many people driving around in their own (personalized) golf carts. It was like a parade all through the day and evening, and seemed to be a favorite pastime by many of the campers. I'll stick to walking. I would definitely recommend this park for a nice, relaxing weekend or longer. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Southeast Camper

Back again this year and only;y one word can describe it "Amazing". Not a whole heck of allot has changed but one thing that really stood out was the camp store. In the past we have been in there and it was nice but this year my family and I were shocked to see the amount of products they now have including food items. We didn't bring quite a bit of food as we packed lite and figured we would run up the street. We never had to leave the place they had almost everything. The ponds are still amazing and the personal have so improved. It was noticed all the workers had shirts to identify them I can't say enough about that as you never had to guess who worked there. Very well kept as usual. Owner is definitely on the right track. Can't wait to return next summer. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

slc1958

We reserved one of the park's lakefront sites and were very happy with our choice. Our particular site allowed for "head in" parking so that our awning faced the lake. Though at 36' in length, we had some difficulty pulling in to the site and have noticed that most of the lakefront sites are too small for a Class A RV. Second choice would be the bog-front sites in the Outpost area which we've camped on in the past and are very pretty during the late Summer/early Autumn months. The water in the lake is very clean, despite what previous reviews have said. The lake is divided into three separate areas; the first lends itself nicely to swimming, kayaking and canoeing and the second two are in a more natural state. The more shallow of the three stands in stark contrast to the swimming area as it is shallow, weedy, and is home to many frogs, turtles, fish and osprey. This place is the place to be if you want to expose your kids to the abundant wildlife that you'd encounter in a State Park with the amenities of a commercially run camp ground. The laundry facilities have yet to be completed and they were missed, given the fact that we had a lot of rain while we were here and the sites are very messy after a good soaking rain. I did notice that the dreaded Security Staff seemed to have lightened up some and, during our two week stay, the only time we were spoken to was when my husband (ol' lead foot) was given a stern "Slow down!" when he exceeded the park's 5 mph speed limit. I have found them to be rude, obnoxious and full of themselves on past visits, so this Summer's visit has been much more pleasant! I would stay here again and, in fact, have already booked a different waterfront site for next Summer. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

JBaird

We camped here for Memorial Day with a fairly large group (6 families). We camped in the outpost, and it was OK. VERY far from everything which probably was a good thing. There was another group camping, and I feel they could have done a better job keeping the groups together. This is a VERY large camp ground, and we were in the very back. Difficult to get around due to the sandy roads; kids were falling off their bikes. While it's fun to try new campgrounds, we won't rule this one out, but it will not be at the top of our list. (PS: Laundry facility is still not completed.) We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

E597283

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised. We stayed here for 5 days with our 4 kids. We were right on Main St with an easy walk down to the pond/beach. The bathrooms/showers were ok. I think the only draw back would be if the weather didn’t cooperate. The pond/beach area makes this a very desirable campground but if the weather isn’t good, the campground's overall facilities are rather dated and I am not sure I want to be stuck in a camper with 4 kids. No issue with electricity or sewage and it appears the campground is going through some upgrades. We plan on returning next August and will cross our fingers for good weather. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Paul C

What a pleasant surprise! After reading the previous reviews about this park, we were really not expecting much. We picked a spot away from the action in the Outpost section. We had no other people within 500ft of us! Warnings about poor electric service were eliminated immediately as all of the electric service in our area were brand new, full 50A service! We had full hookups and were situated right on the edge of a cranberry bog. Everything was clean and well laid out. There were not a lot of coordinated activities which would have made the CG a solid 10. I would not hesitate to stay here again and we will be back in August for sure, and will probably book again for next year. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

Silverback23

I would not go back to this campground. We stayed here for a little over a week. They ended up putting a fifth wheel and two travel trailers on what we were told was a double site, which ended up being tight. We were there for three days and our sewer backed up. So the next day the owner ended up coming to our site with a backhoe and put in a new leach field. The smell was so bad at our site and all we got out of it was I am sorry for the inconvenience. We spoke to other friends that stayed at that same campsite 2 years ago and they had the same problem with the sewer and the campground never did anything about it. Our friends ended up having a new leach field put in their site the day after ours. The electricity isn’t grounded correctly because people were getting zapped when they went into their campers. The security was extremely rude. One guy threw water on our fire and ended up making a steam bath, which someone could have been burned. I think because we had a large group, they tended to pick on us. They drove right by the campsite across from us which had a fire going and came directly to us and said put out your fire. The campground map they gave us says when we checked in showed tennis courts and a laundry facility. When we walked the campground, we didn’t find any tennis courts and the laundry facility was just an empty building. I feel they list these facilities, like the pool they have been saying is coming, just to lure people to the campground. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Fifth Wheel.

howie21

We were VERY disappointed with this park and would not recommend it. The staff were not polite. The activities were few and far between, and usually required a fee. The value-for the price- was simply not there. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Motorhome.

Southeast Camper

First off I will agree with what some of the reviewers wrote if you just come in as a transient. YES most of the staff does come across as rude but there are a few good ones. The office staff has very little clue when it comes to answering questions, other than one of the owner's daughter who is usually pleasant. As far as the security goes I have to agree with most all of you. They are more like vigilantes than security. They cause more problems than resolve them by acting like thugs although this year the owner has seemed to weed some of them out. Again there are some older guys that are very pleasant but the younger ones are the problems especially one guy who has not been re-employed this year yet. As far as the pond goes they drain and clean it almost every year; it's the people that crap it up. Progress on the park is very slow, very very slow but overall I do like the park and will continue to camp there due to it being close by. The activities are mostly coordinated by one woman who does a great job at it. The help she has are usually just as good and the kids have fun along with the adults. The sites are dusty and covered with pine needles but that is camping if you want pavement go to Wal-Mart. Me personally, I don't want to feel like I am in my driveway. I have been several times to the campground in Foxboro and it is nice but it is a parking lot. The fire rule does kind of stink but someone correct me if I am wrong it is not their rule but Wareham Fire District rules. Wareham Fire actually patrols the park and will tell you to extinguish it if too early and you are not cooking on it. I think if the owner works on policing some of his staff and teaching them to be more polite it would be a much more pleasant campground. I am there most of the summer and have been in several different sites and know most of the staff and most of them know how I feel. Call a spade a spade. Overall it is one of the better campgrounds in the area due to the wooded sites and atmosphere. But form your own opinion, give it a try. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

reeniex4

This is by far, the worst campground I have ever stayed at. The staff at check in were friendly, but all other staff we encountered were extremely rude. Also, none of the employees wore anything that would identify them as employees of the park, so we were never sure if we were being addressed by the staff or fellow campers. The sites were not grounded properly, so we received an electrical shock every time we entered the camper and we were not the only campers who experienced that problem during our stay. The pond and beach around it had a very foul odor and I doubt they tested it for bacteria the entire week we were there. They advertised laundry facilities, but the laundry room was not open the entire week we were there. Security was rude and inconsistent, seemingly singling out particular people and giving them a hard time to the point of threatening. I found it very over priced, with several "add on" charges that were not expected. I have too many complaints about my stay to go into detail here and I did complain in writing to the Yogi Bear Headquarters and received a response that they would forward my complaints to the park, since it is independently owned. I have yet to hear from the park regarding my issues. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Fifth Wheel.

User600

The sites are dirt and pine needles, when it rains, even with carpeting out side the camper gets filthy. We had to vac two to thee times per day. Also being 1600 mi. from home they would not except a mail drop for patrons. We were there for 9 days. We had bills to pay and were told to go rent a mail box. The laundry facilities were not available on site. The place was also loaded with cockaroaches because of the blueberry bushes that seperate the campsites.At the price they charge they had no cable tv. I can honestly say we have stayed there twice in one trip, the first and last. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

petermoss

This place is great. They need a playground for the kids, but there is lots of activities for them. We camped at Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Maple Park Campground & RV Park (formerly Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park ?