Cape Ann Camp Site

Recent Rate: $64 8/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Central Modem Central Modem yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $64.00

This park is not good for big rigs. The roads in (Concord & Atlantic) from 128 are VERY NARROW, HILLY, and WINDING. White knuckles all the way. Even in my little Fiesta toad there were some scary times going in and out of the campground. We toured for 4 days and this just seems to be the nature of the roads in this area. But I would look for something easier to get to. Once here, big rigs stay at the bottom and they come down to meet you (small sign with phone number to call). They came quickly, gave us our site, which was easy to back into. It was a full hookup, which was good because I'm not sure how we would have maneuvered to the dump station. Otherwise, staff/owners were helpful and campground was quiet and nice. In a smaller rig I'd stay again - but not with my current rig. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

B-4

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $54.00

Overall, we like our stay here at Cape Ann. This CG works best for tent and pop up trailer campers. Short travel trailers (like ours) fit well. Short Class C's seem to be able to maneuver okay. The BIG RIGs have problems. Interior roads are tight as is the road to the campground entrance. (I felt like I was driving on someone's drive way, at first. But the yellow line in the middle of the road was a give away.) The owners are upgrading sites to FHU because that is the demand now. We were up towards the top. Campsite was surprising level. All services worked correctly. ATT and Verizon voice and data were acceptable but you still needed to step outside to keep a good solid signal during phone calls. The restrooms were kept very clean. 25 cents gets you 5 minutes of shower time. You have to walk your garbage down to the overflowing dumpster by the office. The staff was excellent. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Travel Trailer.

176S

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Gloucester is packed this time of year (August). Parking is almost impossible. We took the whale trip and enjoyed the whales, not the trip out nor back. You'll like to tour the town of Essex, especially the Shipbuilding Museum. Periwinkles is a great restaurant. Woodman's Restaurant is a classic. Head out to Rockport early so you can find a place to park. Beach parking is free after 5 pm.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $54.00

The roadway to the park is narrow and winding. Take your time. The posted speed limit is for the residents. Watch the road and cut your speed especially if you are towing. Our 40' rig had to park on the lower level. Our site had water, electric and water but no sewer. I didn't think I should have to pay the same rate as the full hookups. The lower sites are grassy and somewhat level. The hookups are to the rear and I had to attach additional cable and water hose. My 50' electrical cable did reach the breaker box. The area is very hilly and rocky. Walking the dogs was very easy but be prepared for the uphill climb. The wifi was weak and the antenna only picked up 4 channels. (No GMA in the am). I gave them an extra point for recycling. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

B-15

I suggest you disconnect before turning onto Atlantic St. In addition to the winding road, if you turn in the front entrance of the park and another unit is dumping, your tow could end up blocking the travel lane on Atlantic St. I stayed for 3 days and only saw it once. Trust me, you don't want to be that once.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $60.00

We have a 40' 5th wheel and we had full hook up. We stayed 4 nights. There is a sign as you enter that if you are over 30 ft long do not go up the hill to the office. There is a phone # to call on the sign and they arrive in a cart very quickly. There is no room at the top for big rigs At the base of the hill there is room for about 20 larger rigs. The staff was very friendly and gave us tips where to shop and what to see There are 2 dump stations. 1 among smaller campsites and 1 near the big rigs on the way out. In both cases you have very little room to get in and out . If you are larger than 30 ft., then you will probably have to back in to the dump station. I have no idea where you would park if you were waiting your turn without blocking traffic. This is a terrific place to family camp with tents and smaller Rv It is all wooded and secluded There are no fire rings for big rigs but all others do have fire rings. We thought the extra cost of sewer of $10/day & extra cost $8 for 30 amp and $12 for 50 amp electricity was extremely high. They also charge extra for children with you. They don't have extra activities, games, a pool or a dog run area. There is a beautiful view of the salt marsh across the street if you are in the lower campground area and close to the road. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Fifth Wheel.

Gloucester Harbor for whale watching, and other seaside activities.

Rockport for its harbor and small shops.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $40.00

This is a very adequate campground for the Gloucester area. It is not the fanciest place we have ever stayed but the water & electric were reliable and the staff was helpful and friendly. We did not use the bathrooms. I did poke my head in toward the end of the holiday weekend and they looked like they could use a cleaning but not overly filthy at that point. The roads are narrow but passable. Considering how much everything else costs in the area, Cape Ann Campsite is a bargain. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

E46

The beach is a mile up the road. Take bikes and ride. It costs $25.00 to park! Otherwise Gloucester is just a short ride away with fishing, whale watching, more beaches, etc.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $60.00

We stayed here for four nights and were very happy. We had full hookups with 50 amp electricity. Our site was the first one, in the front, so we had an unobstructed view of the body of water that was on the other side of the road (we turned our motor home around to face the view and extended the hoses under the motor home). Traffic on the road was not bad, but occasionally was a distraction to the beautiful view. We had a small picnic table but there was no fire pit or grill. The staff is friendly and helpful, and we were given helpful hints and points of interest on a tour map when we registered, as well as other brochures and booklets. The owner even loaned us a copy of the DVD "The Perfect Storm" so we could watch it before touring Gloucester (it was filmed there). Our Dish satellite got good reception, and the WIFI was acceptable. Our Verizon cell service was excellent. This campground is accessible to many, many tourist spots on or near the beautiful NE coast. We would certainly stay here again if we are in the area. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

B2
Dirt, Grass

At night the gnats get pesky, so if you have a screen tent, you might want to set that up and sit in it at night. The road leading to the campground is narrow, 2 lane, and several winding curves, and with a large rig, you should proceed carefully.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $56.00

Very hilly CG, but sites (those we saw, anyway) are level enough. We got a charming site, with plenty of privacy from the foliage and terrain. View of the cove, which is always a plus. Staff was friendly and helpful. Wi-fi was, as in many CGs, sometimes great, sometimes very slow. No cable TV, and we got only 2 (PBS) channels on the antenna. Biggest complaint, and it's not something they can fix, the swarms of mosquitoes. Otherwise, a pretty nice place. The price, high for what you get, is clearly based on the CG's proximity to the beautiful parts of Cape Ann. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $56.00

Wow, not only all hills and no dog park, but NO amenities either. Not only didn't they have cable, we couldn't even get a channel with our antenna. Expensive rip-off park, but it's the only RV park in the area. I'm just happy I'll never have to stay there again. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $60.00

I found the owners here are extremely nice and very helpful. We camped here in a 40' fifth wheel. It is a very tight fit coming into the park. The entry road is very narrow and there are a lot of trees. This is not a fancy park, but the location to Gloucester and Rockport is very convenient. Overall, the park served our needs and we had a great visit to this area. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $48.00

Regardless of the naysayers in past reviews of Cape Ann, I am going to give you an HONEST opinion and stray from the negative and pessimistic views of those who really can't appreciate the art of camping and life in an RV. The staff/owners of Cape Ann were more than accommodating by giving us two excellent sites with a gorgeous, breathtaking view of the salt marsh directly connected to the Atlantic Ocean. The sites were unbelievably located on quite a steep hill, previously mentioned in the less optimistic reviews, but with the excellent guest service of Cape Ann. We were given sites that were accommodating to our rigs needs. The service was beyond what other campgrounds give, the campground was a wealth of resources for localities and sight seeing. Wingaersheek Beach, just about a mile and a half down the road was costly but Cape Ann gives vouchers to lessen that cost. The beach is beautiful and worth a day trip. The bathhouses at Cape Ann were clean, the campsites were clean and the Wi-Fi was fast. All in all, our stay at Cape Ann left us refreshed, in awe of the east coast and the coastal towns, and we would highly recommend and give this campground a ten star rating based on our findings. Thanks Cape Ann for your love for customer service and understanding of people, it's an old school style, face to face, and it goes a long way. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $40.00

When I first pulled into this park and realized after only being a few feet into the driveway and was going to have to unhook my toad before proceeding, I thought I had made a big mistake coming here. However, once I got situated in a spacious site at the bottom of the hill and spent some time getting acquainted with the owners, I was glad I was there. This park has been in the same family for over 60 years. The information about the local area provided me made my visit to this region of Massachusetts a real delight. The only real drawback (other than initially getting into my site) were the trees that blocked my satellite reception. However, Wi-Fi worked well. Given the limited choice of campgrounds in this area, I would definitely consider staying here again. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $50.00

Very friendly and helpful staff both by email for me to book and on arrival. My 2 sons ages (21 and 22) were keen to go deep sea fishing and the staff organized it for us and ordered a taxi within minuets of us checking in. (They had a brilliant time and caught 4 large cod). It was about a £20 taxi ride into Gloucester. Our site was quite uneven leaning downhill. Only real negative is showers are in bad need of updating and are located up quite a steep slope. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $47.00

Beautiful view. Very friendly and helpful staff. Sites look out on to gorgeous tidal marsh. Only negative is showers are in bad need of updating. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $40.00

Cape Ann Campsite - what a beautiful little jewel. It is tiered up a steep hill, with all the tents up behind it. The owners are marvelously friendly and down to earth. We let our cat roam with no problem and no complaints. You're close to Gloucester (loved the town!) and a beautiful beach. Bathrooms and showers are older, but clean. We would stay again, no questions asked. Here's a tip - pull in and park to the right - no rigs up the hill! We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $42.00

I guess when you are the only campground in the area, there is no need to keep up appearances. It doesn't appear that there has been any upkeep to this property in years! The RV sites located at the entrance do not allow campfires so we chose the full hook-up sites within the campground. Most of these sites were small and cramped or had an unusual layout (a camp fire ring located directly between two electricity boxes, a sewer hook-up in the middle of the site). The fire pits were filled with old wood and ash that have to be cleaned out and the rocks restructured. Most of the primitive sites looked really large and private but the bathrooms/shower facilities were disgusting. One evening we noticed one of our coolers sitting in a nearby (vacant) campsite. When we retrieved the cooler, the beer was missing! Some may call this place "rustic" or "quaint" but I can think of a few other words that are more descriptive and candid. We camped at Cape Ann Camp Site in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Cape Ann Camp Site?