Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod

North Truro, Massachusetts

Recent Rate: $65 7/2012

Deb F UK

Having read another review, I was a bit concerned about staying here, but the camp site was great. Showers/laundry was excellent, although make sure you have a lot of quarters. Wi-Fi was best obtained near the office. Our site was shady and spacious and only a few minuets walk to the bus stop for the $1 each, 15 mins bus trip into Provincetown. The buses run every 30 mins until well after midnight. We walked through to the lovely, safe beach. I would definitely recommend this site, and I would stay here again. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

RetMilitaryGuy

Very clean, nice staff, sites are close together. Seemed like about 80% of it was seasonal campers who aren't really warm and receptive, but I wasn't here to make new friends. I was here to fish and spend time with family. All sites are back in, just don't pick the wrong road or YOU WILL get stuck if you have a large RV. Ours is 40', almost took a wrong turn until a guy stopped us. Upside, it was very peaceful, you can smell the ocean air, you can walk to the beach and there is a tram that will take you into town right out in front. It would have received a higher rating if they knew how to control the seasonal campers who put fences and ropes up to "identify" their "claimed" property. Which clearly, on a lot of sites encroaches on rental sites. The seasonal folks also pile up all their unwanted items on the rental sites too. I really didn't need 3 picnic tables. Beyond that we will return, but I suggest you walk to the site and check it out before driving in, as I will do next time, for space purposes and parking ability. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

kjpayne

Hard to find the positives in this one! We used this as base camp for sightseeing and therefore the actual camping experience was secondary. We did not have a vehicle and the bus stopping right at the entrance to the grounds was very convenient. Our actual site was fairly nice but close to other campers. The power was good and water pressure adequate. We had full h/u. Of note: we actually stayed in the Horton's CG which is a ways down the road from the main CG. We had to check in at the main office and were then directed to Horton's. So many bad first impressions. 1.) Signage is very poor and we weren't even sure where to check in. Had to get turned around once we were in the park. 2.) Campers are very close to each other, low overhanging branches and VERY tight corners to navigate in a 40' MH. First impression of Horton's is even worse. It is desolate, the store is under renovations and therefore the only access to a store was at the main grounds over a mile down the road. Horton's is in the process of being upgraded but it is NOT attractive at all. There was no obvious staff presence. A dilapidated truck came through a couple times a day to pick up garbage. There was no security and no gate preventing unwanted visitors. I only gave this a 5 because it DID serve its purpose. It doesn't come close to anything resembling a resort. Fortunately, they do offer credit for unused nights which can be applied at other Adventure Bound properties. We will see if those are any better. We would not stay here again. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

fulltimervtravel

This campground is 10 minutes from P-town. Lots of seasonals; however, each well taken care of. We were here in very off season. Wi-Fi and TV were fine. Bathrooms clean. Staff helpful. This is by far the best campground in the northern part of the Cape. Will be back. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Travel Trailer.

KP from CT

As we were here during off season I can't attest to what it may be like at the height of tourist season but for relaxation, location and overall quality you can't beat this park. Very accommodating and helpful staff, great location, clean spacious shady site. convenient walk by trail to great beach. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

Karsten

It is nice wooded campground and end of August it was quite full. No sewer were available and the Wi-Fi was not free (at least we couldn't get any free provider). The beach is good 20 minutes walk, but normally a fee is required entering the beach. The restrooms were not so clean, but OK. Due to the location we would probably camp here again. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

Matt&Nessa

Not too excited about our stay here. Typical east coast attitude by the staff. Acted as if any problems I had with my stay was an impostition. Pay showers that did not work when I put my money in. Very tight spaces: seemed as if they tried very hard to get as many spots on their property, without consideration of the comfort of the guests. No sewer, but we knew that going in. Dump station was very hard to get to on our way out. Laundry was very expensive, so we did not use it. When I asked for a map of the local area, they said, "yeah, right over there," which was a stack of maps that looked like the local state park printed up, and they wanted money for those as well. Guests were mostly from the city, and were not very friendly. The only redeeming quality, was that North Truro is a very beautiful area. We would not stay here again. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

Chadwick

This was a very nice campground. The staff seemed very busy but got me checked in quickly and with a smile. Didn't care for my first site but they were willing to offer me a different one. The campground was only about a mile from the beach and they had their own path to walk there. The bathrooms were pretty clean but didn't care for the coin operated showers. They gave plenty of time but always seemed to keep jamming up. They had a very nice store but WiFi was only available right up next to the building. This was a beautiful campground and it was only minutes from Provinctown. I would definitely camp here again. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Tent Trailer.

rvmamabel

I am new to RVing. Always wanted to do it, and after my 5-year-old daughter had a long illness last year, I decided that the time had come. I bought a 35' TT, stole my husband's truck for the summer, and cruised the NEast for 6 weeks with my two daugters, ages 6 and 8. We had a blast! Of course, I was the only mom on her own hooking up and unhooking the TT. This seemed to impress most everyone in the campgrounds. I am taking some time to share my experiences at various campgrounds because the reviews on this site were essential for my summer planning. They proved to be really accurate, as long as I read several entries to get a big picture. I feel obligated to contribute to that which benefited me so greatly. Thanks to others who post too. We stayed here at Adventure Bound for two weeks in early August. Our site was nestled in the local pine trees and was just beautiful. Of course, these trees made backing into our site a royal headache! There was plenty of space between trailers, and we were not on a busy road, so it was great. Overall the park was very clean, quiet, and family friendly. It was just a 1-mile walk on a sandy path to the beach, but we ended up buying a beach pass so we could go to the bay beaches. The undertow at the ocean-side beach was too nerve-wracking for all of us, until hubby joined us for a few days. I will say that staying in North Truro, above the business of the rest of Cape Cod was great. It's a lot more rustic than the rest of the Cape, less traffic, and the beaches were just gorgeous. Some negatives folks should know about: park staff can be a bit condescending and were not very helpful. Parking for registration is terrible, only room for one big rig. All sewer sites were taken up by seasonal rentals. I won't ever stay for more than 3 days without sewer. Luckily I made friends with people who had dumping buckets and could dump every few days. Otherwise, the charge is $25/dump. The dumping station is behind a garage and was a bit of a challenge for big rigs and my long TT to negotiate. Not impossible, just annoying (had to ask others to move their cars so I could get in). There's no parking for the laundry room at all, so I had to lug laundry by hand: just a pain. No fires allowed at all, so you have to rent their pits ($25 and buy their wood, more money). When DH visited, it was another $15/night to park. These small fees just added up! Groceries in the area were expensive: go with a full cupboard. Overall, I'm not sure I would go here again, mainly because of the lack of sewer. A friend of mine has been going here for 20 years, and he can't get a sewer site, even making the reservation a year ahead! However, there's not another area that far out on the Cape that can compare in beauty. Happy traveling! We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Travel Trailer.

sfkiefer48

Sites were very close together and several extended stay sites. We camped here at the beginning of the season and several facilities were not quite ready (laundramat, ie). Wi-Fi was available at the office but at the site it was $10 a day. Rather steep in our estimation. We stayed here for a week but it was not mentioned to us that there was a weekly Wi-Fi rate which would have been much more reasonanable. Our biggest concern is for us Veterans. When we checked in I inquired if there were any discounts available and the response was that they give the best price to all customers. However, I later learned there is a military discount but you have to ask for it. Well, I don't quite understand that when I inquired about discounts, this wasn't mentioned. The manager did ultimately give us the military discount but as he said, "On the Cape you don't ask about politics, religion and the military." Wow, quite a slap in the face to the veterans who have sacrificed so many much for our country! We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

Sneakers145

Very friendly staff. We camped here early in the season and had a problem with the water and cable TV, which were fixed immediately and cheerfully by the staff. We arrived late and they stayed in the office to assist us. Clean sites but a bit small. Roads are very narrow with close trees, making it a bit tricky to navigate with a large motorhome. I believe the rates are higher during the peak season. We would camp here again. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

User584

Great campground with a great staff. Very friendly & helpful. Very clean facilities. Highly recommended if you are going to Cape Cod. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Travel Trailer.

billy s

Not a bad campground for the money. I'm not sure it would be worth the higher rate for the in season. The camp site we had was not close to being level. Many permanent camp sites. Over all a decent camp ground. I would return. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Motorhome.

campingfamily5

This is a great campground. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are spotless. The laundry facilities are nice. The beach is about a 20 minute walk from the back of the campground. The seasonal sites are well maintained and tidy. It can be tight getting into some the sites because of the all the trees. From reading past post regarding this campground it appears the new owers have cleaned the place up nicely. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Travel Trailer.

mikey4the88

We stayed here in July 04, this had to be the worst place ever. The place looked like they hadn't trimmed any trees in years, I scratched the sides of my tow vehicle and trailer getting to our site, when I finally did get there, I discovered a site that was not level nor could I put my slideout and awning out together, it was one or the other. The camper next to us looked like it had arrived here in the 1950's and never left. The place was full of seasonal campers and this includes tents. The sight of 3 or 4 tents tied together is not very appealing to me. Within the first 1/2 hour of arriving we were admonished by a "seasonal" for not picking up after our dog! (How do you pick up pee?) The office staff was very unfriendly to us and there was nothing at all to do in the campground. We left two days early and didn't even bother to ask for a refund. We camped at Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Adventure Bound Camping Resorts – Cape Cod?