Pine Acres Family Camping Resort

Oakham, Massachusetts

• yes-lake Waterfront

SMorin

This is a very family-oriented campground with many activities for kids. It is also very woodsy, so we could not get satellite reception. It is in a very rural area so it's very quite but requires several miles to get to services. Big rigs will need to use caution on the narrow roads and take care of boulders placed to mark the road. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

jondivito

We have stayed here several times. We really enjoy this campground. The lake/pond is nice. The sandy beach is clean. The pool is small, but nice. It was pretty warm over Memorial Day weekend. The adult hot tub is nice. They have a kiddie water park as well. They have a lot of activities for the kids. They added a new jump pad that the kids loved. Last year I complained that they were going overboard with being too strict. This time it appeared that they have let up a little. That is a good thing. They enforce quiet hours. We had a wooded site. It was not completely level. We had to work on leveling the camper. All in all, this is a great family park! It you are looking for a party zone or a super quiet place, this may not be for you. But in my opinion, they do a great job of balancing this campground so the adults can have fun along with the children. A+ We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

snoopy216

Very woodsy. The showers were not very good. Lukewarm water at best. I asked the staff to turn up the temperature of the water and they said they couldn't because they use a mixing valve so the temperature is at 1012 degrees. I'm a maintenance man and they could of turned it up but I think they didn't want to waste the gas. The water had no hot and cold valves. So they controlled the water pressure and temperature. They did have cable so that helped because it is very woody with lots of trees. I would not stay there again. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

jondivito

We went for the Halloween weekend in October. The weather was not great - but we had a good time. They had several events for the kids on Saturday. They had a scavenger hunt, pumpkin decorating, other games, campsite decorating contests and trick or treating. They also had a professional storyteller come in and he told ghost stories by the campfire. He was VERY good. We did not swim in the lake and the pool was closed. But there were kids swimming in the lake. It was a laid back and fun time for the family. The campground was roughly half full. It was also very quiet at night. We love this campground and we will come back. It is expensive and it seemed liked they have loosened up the strict rules just a little. If you are not familiar with this area, you are out in the middle of nowhere.. you are a good twenty minutes from any stores. So be prepared for that.. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Bay Area Early retirees

Rating is based on rate versus what you get. We stayed here during the week in Sept and the pool/store/etc all closed until Friday, yet you still pay a high rate per day. It is a very well kept campground, though and we did not notice excessive rules enforcement. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

paularonson

Yikes! This place costs more than Disney! It’s out in the middle of nowhere and you have to drive forever to even get to a grocery store. While the setting is nice the sites are scattered all over, one is in the middle of a small island area formed where three roads come together – constant traffic all around. Almost every activity is pay extra. Base rates is only for two adults, then you add $7.50 per night for each child over 4 years, $15 per night for each extra adult, $5.00 extra PER pet PER day, visitors $10 extra per person per day. The pool and children’s splash area is nice but they are not heated and way too small for the amount of campers. You cannot enter the pool unless you are a registered camper and they have a list of sites and names that they check against upon entry and give you a colored wristband good for that day only. Excessive rules and employees continuously patrolling on golf carts to make sure there is no infraction of the rules. Children are everywhere on bikes and not supervised by parents. Children riding bikes without a helmet get their bikes confiscated and not given back. Resort employee claimed Massachusetts law says they cannot give bikes back and that confiscated bikes are given to needy children’s organizations. The beach area only open 10am to 6 pm?? Pool opens/closes at whim of management. Quiet hours 11 pm to 8 am, fires out at midnight and patrols make sure you are not even outside whispering after 11 pm. It is very dark at night, no lights except in parking area by lodge. No satellite coverage due to heavily treed area and cable had few stations and was very poor quality. Wi-Fi provided by Tengo Internet and was supposed to get 1 hour free each day. First day got Wi-Fi for 15 minutes and then could not connect without paying extra. Power fluctuated greatly between 102 volts to 116 volts during each day. Power into resort from local utility was low and had excessive voltage drops from resort's distribution transformer to individual sites. Owner claimed Mass Power only required to supply 110 volts and there was nothing he could do. Then owner tried to blame low voltage problem on our RV because our power management system shut down power to it when voltage dropped below 103 volts to protect our equipment. Rude owner told to us to use our own propane to run refrigerator and hot water heater to offset low voltage issue. Can’t understand why we should have to use our own propane and cost us even more when we are paying such exorbitant price for the “resort” to supply proper power?? The last straw was when numerous cars were broken into over the Labor Day weekend and GPS’ and other valuables stolen. Never returning to this place again! We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Barbie-j

Great place, clean, friendly, much to do. However, too strict about rules. One rule about only one car at a site is just stupid. They knocked on our door and told us to move a car into visitor parking. Seriously? Also, they charge each visitor who comes to see you a $10.00 charge. That is ridiculous! I could see a $5.00 charge, but not $10.00. Nevertheless it is a great place to go. We would go back again, but not have visitors. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

jondivito

This is the 4th time we have stayed here. I will explain why we have only given the campground a 7. We LOVE Pine Acres! The campground is very clean. It is very well run. They have wooded sites,a nice beach on the 70 acre pond. They also have a nice pool and water park. Both are small, but still nice. They have a nice large adult hot tub. They have a decent playground with a baseball/whiffle ball field, a new dog park, you can rent paddle boats etc. This is a FANTASTIC family campground. There is more of a yuppie camping vibe in this park, which we are fine with. The park itself is fantastic. We have four children and do not drink very much. We like the fact that the rules are very strict. They STRICTLY enforce quiet hours and keep the park very clean. My problem is that I almost feel that they are too strict. They had people literally patrolling the campground all day and night on golf carts. It almost gives the feeling of being uneasy. I witnessed three separate warnings given to other campers for very minor issues. One was that a camper needed to move their extra car to a parking lot. There was plenty of room at the site. Then we had friends who had rented a cabin for a week. They had to check in late due to the cabin having a leak that needed to be fixed. They paid over $1,000 for the week and did not get any type of price break for the inconvenience. Then they decided to stay a couple of hours on their last day to spend time with us at the beach. They checked out of their cabin on time. But they were charged an additional $40.00 to remain in the park for a couple of hours. Needless to say, they were VERY angry. The park also nickels and dimes you for extra children, guests, pets, etc. The prices are already expensive and they really gouge you at every turn. I did not use the public showers. But my wife did and she said the water was freezing cold. For the amount you pay to camp here the showers should be warm. Even with my complaints. we would return again. We really love the park. The staff needs to ease up a little. We like strict, but we are not looking to be disciplined like children while paying a lot of money to camp. If you like to drink and stay up late, this is NOT the campground for you. It is an EXCELLENT family park. If you are not familiar with this area, it is out on the middle of nowhere. We spoke with some who complained about having to drive 35 minutes to find a grocery store. That is pretty accurate. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

RetiredCoppers

This park was awesome. The sites were huge and level. I loved the big trees and we stayed in site 58 and it was right next to the office and pool area. The staff was very professional and friendly. The front gate had a card access so the park was safe. We even saw the Sheriff drive through the park at night. Park workers drove around and picked up any little piece of paper that was lying on the ground. It was immaculate! The laundry room only had 4 washers and 4 dryers so there was a wait, but it was clean. There was a good cafe and a cute gift shop. The park had every amenity you could ever want, including a lake with a beach. My only regret is that I didn't have a month to spend there. I will come back again. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Litespeed

Nice campground, not far from home. Quiet time was early in my opinion and strictly enforced. Lots of mosquitoes, not sure they spray. My site, 111, was huge and close enough to everything, but not too close. Loved it. The trash bins are located clear to the front of the park, so it was a bit of a walk. I think they should provide more centrally located bins in the campground as well, but when I mentioned this, I was told they didn't want to have animals in the park. Seems to me the trash was on everyone's site anyway. I did see an employee picking up trash on occasion, but there didn't seem to be any set schedule for this, so if you wanted to not have trash on your site overnight, you needed to take it to the bins. Overall it was a decent campground and I will return. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

wildwood32

I would not come here again. The majority of staff was not friendly to my family at all. The camp ground ranger was just plain not friendly. The area I was in (site 32) was heavy with mosquitos after dark. Apparently, no service road entrance for deliveries, the delivery trucks would access the camp ground at high rates of speed and right through the site areas, this would include staff golf carts as well. When talking to the office and the ranger about this issue, their recourse was just to keep your kids off of the road so they don’t get hit and, that they do not have radar to enforce the speed limit. Nice. Just for your information, when they say quiet hour is at 10 o’clock; just go in your trailer or tent and go to sleep. Not only was I forced to bed but I watch others get sent in doors as well. Over priced items in my opinion: ice, wood. I will now spend days cleaning my gear from the pine sap and healing from bug bites. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Shawn W

We stayed at a lakefront spot, and I found my stay one I will remember for the rest of my camping life. The folks at the park are very friendly, and our kids made friends very quickly. The only negative things I can think of was the pool was not heated (it was a chilly June weekend) and a big rock at the end of our site to help mark two sites off caused a difficult back in. This was unique to this site. The guy next to me showed me a run in he had with the rock the year before on his motorhome. Then again, he had a monster class A, but we managed to get our large 5th wheel in perfect. The dog park is a little on the outside fringe of the park but was very clean. This place would make me go seasonal if I could get that specific spot. I highly recommend this campground for families with kids. It is a tad on the pricey side for lakefront with 2 kids and 2 dogs, but I don't regret the upgrade. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

jondivito

We camped the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. The park was maybe half full. We had an excellent site. It was site number 88 with a view of the lake/pond. The pool only opened on Sunday. So we enjoyed the pool and small water park for a couple of hours. The park was clean and quiet. The sides are wooded and fairly large. They have a new dog park. The pond has a small beach that was pretty empty when we went. The water was warm. There was quite a bit of muck on the floor of the pond. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our four kids had other kids to play with. There were activities for the children. This is not a party campground. It is also not a super resort with tons of activities. But if you are looking for a nice campground, that is quiet and family oriented, I think you will like it here. They enforce quiet hours and the more expensive price seems to keep the party crowd out of the park. I will say that some of the sites look pretty tough to back into. The roads are paved but pretty curvy. Anyway.. this was our second trip here and we really like it.. We would certainly come back again.. We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

BriBri

We stayed for three nights during school vacation (me, my wife, and my 7 year old daughter) as a maiden voyage for our popup camper. The reservation process was very efficient. We had reserved about a week in advance, and we had no problem securing a site. We requested a site close to the bathrooms, and the person taking our reservation gave us a very good site. As it was pre-season, there were hardly any transient campers - there were some seasonal campers that pretty much kept to themselves. We arrived in early evening on a Sunday, and as the office was closed, we were pleasantly greeted by one of the on-site staff who gave us our gate code and we proceeded to our site. The site was very good: a level gravel rectangle that was very easy to back the PUP into, with conveniently-located water/electric hookups, a picnic table and fire pit. One thing I immediately notices about the campground is how immaculately it is kept, even outside the gate on the side of the road next to the entrance. We arrived at a time when there was a flurry of activity by the staff/groundskeepers cleaning up the landscaping and facilities. However, the bathrooms were very clean throughout our stay. While the facilities (pool, mini golf, camp store, etc.) were not opened when we stayed, we liked the layout - those facilities were located in one general area. So once you walked to that area from your site, you were pretty much in the middle of everything. In taking a drive around the campground, we noticed that the tent sites (up on a wooded ridge) were very private, well spaced with lots of trees around. In fact, I determined that this ridge is where we were hearing the wild turkeys gobbling every morning from our campsite. You definitely feel one with nature at this campground. Overall, this campground is well laid out, with a mixture of different types and sizes of sites. Many of the sites are already taken up by seasonal campers, but there are plenty of sites for transient campers. The facilities are some of the best I have seen, and while there were no activities going on at the time we were there, I understand that during the 'in-season', there is much to keep people occupied (especially kids). We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

happycamp

We love this campground! We heard about this campground over a year ago and are thrilled that it is one hour from our house. We were searching for so long for a near by campground we could have as "a favorite" and we finally found it at here. CLEAN! So much for the kids to do: great pool, arcade, activities. We ride our bikes for hours and use the paddle boats. So much to do and so many trees and a great lake and, and, and. Nice people working here. We went last year for a Halloween weekend and all had a blast. We went this year for my daughter's birthday and they made her feel so special. We love Pine Acres and plan to return over and over and over! We camped at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Pine Acres Family Camping Resort?