Lamb City Campground

Phillipston, Massachusetts
Phone: (978) 249-2049

• yes-lake Waterfront

harleyy87

Park was clean as were all the restrooms; staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of seasonals but very friendly, and sites were clean with easy access to temporary sites. We stayed on site 90 on the lake which I think is one of the best as well as 89 next to it; easy in and out. Fully stocked store; one of the best we have seen yet with full liquor license and RV accessories. Cable was great even get NESN so we could get the Red Sox Games. WIFI was also great and strong. No permit needed to fish, and activities are held on the weekend. I didn't fish so can't help with what fish are in the lake (didn't bring my pole). Very good place and love our site #90. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Motorhome.

paularonson

We took a FHU in the open area near the pool. Steady electric and good water pressure. Mostly seasonals and everybody, including the owners, was very nice. Sites range from wooded, lake area and open. A few pull throughs for transients are in a heavily wooded area. Two small pools, one solar heated and one not heated which was very cold. The pools and playground area are not big enough pools to accommodate the amount of people staying in this park along with the extra guests that come for weekends. Side roads are a little on the narrow side and mostly dirt so it can get muddy when it rains. Very steep, gated entrance/exit ($20 deposit for gate card). Bathrooms mostly clean but got dirty quickly on crowded weekend. Some organized activities usually on the weekend and geared to the teenage crowd. Come prepared since it’s a bit of a drive to shopping or restaurants. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Motorhome.

KAZIMIRA

Very good atmosphere, friendly owners, beautiful area. All around family campground. Best I've found in Massachusetts so far. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Motorhome.

Tiger

Our stay was brief. We got a pull-through site so we did not need to unhitch our towed vehicle. We did walk around & had a good impression of the place. Our interaction with staff was limited and very satisfactory. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Motorhome.

lorn63

We will never stay here again. The campgrounds themselves are very beautiful, but the very unfriendly staff marred that. I was on my cell phone with my mom at the picnic table (she is hard of hearing) so I had to raise my voice a bit to speak with her. It was about 9pm at night: NOT quiet hours yet. One of the staff members walked into my campsite, stood there and stared at me, and said, "No one wants to hear your conversation on the phone!" I hung up with her abruptly. At 11pm, my husband and I were enjoying our campfire, quietly I might add, and the staff came riding by and very rudely said, "Fires out, pour water on your fire right now." He waited there until we did it. I felt like I was in a prison camp! We ended up leaving a day early, it left such a bad taste in our mouth. We are experienced campers, and have NEVER been treated that way. We enjoy our vacations: we both work 40+ hours a week, and we don't take vacations to be treated that rudely. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place until they hire new staff!! We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Travel Trailer.

CampTheUSA

This is a family owned campground. The nightly rate is based on the monthly rate of $625 (30 days). It is located in a remote quiet area. During the week it is very quiet, but on the weekend it is filled with lots of fun seasonal people and people staying on a daily basis. Very family oriented with plenty of entertainment and activities for all ages on the weekend. Check out their website for all the info! We stayed in the wooded area which was wonderful during the hot weather, but they also have plenty of space in their open area which is great for bigger rigs. All sites come with a fire ring. You can rent a boat, go fish at the lake or take a dip in the 2 big pools. It also has a kid pool. The bathroom facilities were cleaned twice a day. The owners and workers are very friendly and even helped us when we came after hours. The facility is gated. Once we were going out and there was a terrible downpour, so we called the campground and they let down our awning for us. Very kind! The Red Apple Farm is close by and we had a great time there. If you stay at this campground, check it out! For us it was a very pleasant experience and we only left, because it started to get cold in November. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Travel Trailer.

brownf01

The owners were friendly and helpful. Mostly seasonal sites. Campsites in the field were very large. Seemed to be plenty to do. Was only disappointed in the time postings for different events. Like the wagon ride to the Apple orchard could have been explained better that it only went once a day. There were no instructions telling you where to pick up the ride. Overall, I would go back here. It was quiet at night. We stayed mid September. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Motorhome.

clw_man

I agree with previous reviews. The website does not do this campground justice. Making reservations was very easy and the staff were very accommodating. We made reservations 2 weeks prior to our stay on Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed on a seasonal site along the water as all the other sites were booked. We did notice that the wind off the water and on the lower part of the campground is much stronger than any other place. We had to readjust our awning a couple of times. (WiFi signal was not that great. Cable TV on site was basic, but you are not there to watch TV.) This part of the campground appeared to be the quieter part of the campground. The campground has a nice layout with many site options (wooded, field, shaded, etc.). There are a lot of seasonal campers at this campground. The pool is very small and was very crowded. Perhaps this is due to the season just starting and the larger pool was not open yet. We did not bother going in, as there were too many young children. There are some activities planned throughout the day. The activities during the evening catered to young kids (Karaoke & DJ). They did have 2 big bonfires that were quite impressive. My rating would have been much higher if the larger pool was open and perhaps a few more organized activities would have been nice. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Travel Trailer.

REOCCO

Wow, what a great campground! I was skeptical based on the previous reviews but I was thrilled with my stay. We stayed over Memorial Day weekend, and had a great time. I was at site 87 right on the lake. It was by far one of the best sites in the campground. The site was absolutely huge with the most amazing view. My neighbors were so kind, friendly and helpful. Thanks! Lamb City is not a fancy RV park but a simple campground. if you like camping you will be happy here. If you like life on the fancy side, you might try elsewhere. There is a well stocked campstore that is not overpriced. They had bonfires at night which were a lot of fun. I recommend this campground. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

TravelTrailerFamily

The web site did not do the campground justice. The campground was clean...very clean, and large. Our site was on the water, which I wouldn't do again...the pond was very weedy, which was OK since they have nice pools. It was very windy being on the water, and we had a gusty weekend to stay. Our awning had already taken a beating from a tornado in June and couldn't stand up to the wind. We had to crank it in or risk losing it. We had only stayed one night and then had to leave, with rain coming and no awning. Here's the thing...Lamb City actually gave us a refund. I know that no campground has to do this, as they can't control the weather...but they refunded us the two nights...I would go back just because of that...they were awesome. Also, I should mention that when our awning "blew up" in the gusty wind, five seasonal campers ran down the hill to help us. I've been lots of places where seasonal folks look down their noses at weekenders, but these guys/ladies were great...ran right down and helped keep our awning from blowing away and/or knocking over our outdoor kitchen, right in the middle of breakfast. Showers/bathrooms at Lamb City were SPOTLESS and I saw cleaning people in there twice a day. We hope to go back next season and try again, as we were hoping to get over to Quabbin Reservoir (very close) and fish. Thanks again for being such a reputable place...your courtesy was appreciated. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Dan&Linda

We did not like this park. The interior unpaved roads are terrible and the park was filled with many seasonal residents. We had to stay in the over-flow area and had a heck of a time getting our rig out of there due to the rocks and trees. We had electrical and water problems. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Motorhome.

Devilsden

Lamb city is a nice campground but have stayed in some a little nicer. The staff is very nice, the showers and bathrooms were somewhat clean. They had lots of activities planned for the kids and some nice nightly entertainment. This is a great campground to visit in the Fall as they are in the middle of apple country. There are two apple orchards near by and some nice hay rides. We camped at Lamb City Campground in a Tent.

Are you affiliated with Lamb City Campground?