Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc.

Provincetown, Massachusetts

Recent Rate: $59 8/2012

Longitude: -70.201331

Ras2

The campground has a high percentage of permanent residents but the places are neat for the most part. The power is a major problem. We were unable to run A/C on their 30 AMP service. Our EMS kept disconnecting us due to low voltage. The electrical system voltage drops dramatically when load is applied and we rarely saw over 107 volts to begin with.  We had the same problem trying to run the hot water heater on AC.  Fortunately, the weather was cool enough for fan cooling. I would not want to be here in hot weather as I have given up tent camping. The park has no wireless and the analog cell signal in the area we were in would barely support a phone call. The price was outrageous for what we got but if you want to stay in this community  with a RV larger than 25', this park is the only game in town.  They do not have a lot of sites capable of handling larger RVs. Therefore, do not come here without a reservation. The roads in the campground while paved are too tight for larger vehicles and some are impassible with a larger unit. The overhangs and side growth is in severe need of trimming.  I would never return to this place.  Primarily because of the clientele.  It would be a better idea to stay nearer the center of the cape and drive to the various points of interest.  We camped at Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc. in a Fifth Wheel.

Sneakers145

Nice, clean, lots of seasonal sites. No full hookup sites and no Wi-Fi available. Low hanging trees and tight turns for larger rigs. Nice location close to town, within walking distance, which is why we camped here. We would consider camping here again. We camped at Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc. in a Motorhome.

midas

Aside from the fact that we were put all the way in the back which looked like an RV graveyard and was near the edge of the campground near swampy dune-like setting full of bionic mosquitoes, it was a great location for a campground in P-town. We really only used it as a base point for touring around P-Town. While in the campground we pretty much stayed in our motor home. The setting was not conducive to relaxing outside. The mosquitoes in that area were unbearable. The people that seemed to be in perm sites were overall not very friendly. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would go there again if visiting P-Town, but only for it's convenience. They have that market cornered pretty much. We camped at Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc. in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

Although I've been to Provincetown many times, this was my first time at Coastal Acres. I
usually camp in North Truro, but I liked the idea of being right in town this time. Although the manager said I didn't need to make a reservation because it was only June, I made one anyway so that I could be sure to secure a 30 AMP hookup (some are only 20 AMP). I also specifically asked for a wooded, private site. We pulled in at about 6:30 PM, but the office was closed, so we headed for our designated site. We found the site, and our small expandable camper would have been about 5 feet away from larger travel trailers on either side of us, not a tree or bush in between. I was so disappointed. We drove back to the office to check out the map posted on the door with other available sites that could be taken by arrivals with no reservation. About six RV sites were circled so we drove around and found a larger site which again had no trees or bushes in between sites, but it was the best we could find, so we took it. The next morning I went to the office to check in and told the manager of our move. He said we could not stay on that site because it was reserved starting that day. Why he circled it on the map as available seems ridiculous - why would any RV'er want to pull in, get all hooked up, only to have to move the next morning? And in our case, this also meant closing up our tent ends. I told him I had asked him for a wooded, private site, and he said my originally assigned site had a nice big shade tree (it was behind the site). I told him one tree is not my definition of wooded or private. I ended up taking a 20 AMP site. Had there been other campers in the surrounding sites, it would have been fairly tight, but no one else was in that section, so it worked out well for us. Thankfully, it wasn't hot enough to worry about using the A/C. If you don't mind camping side by side with your neighbor just so you can be close to all the happenings in Ptown, then this campground may be just fine for you. If you're in a tent, the tent sites toward the back
of the campground seemed to have a lot more privacy. Also, if you're anywhere out of the high season, which starts at the end of June, don't expect to find much in their store. All I wanted was a loaf of bread and some milk - couldn't get either - they don't bother to stock the store except for July & August and holiday weekends. We camped at Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc. in a Tent Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

This is a great base camp for access to the ocean beaches, the bike trails, and the town. The nice thing about Coastal Acres is the easy access to heart of town, you can walk to the center in about 15 mins. We've been camping there for over 15 years and go back every year. They don't have sewer hookups, but they do have a "honey truck" that will pump your tanks ($). We camped at Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc. in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Coastal Acres Camping Court, Inc.?