Sodom Mountain Campgrounds

Recent Rate: $46 8/2014

Latitude: 42.0674344205377

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

ChooChoo Man

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $46.00

We stood here in August for group events at both Six Flags New England and Lake Compounce. The staff was able to put myself and my friend together, in an unconventional way, since I needed FHU and he didn't. His site said that it had electric, but the electric came from my post. Thankfully, he only had a popup, and 20amps were fine. The facility was on the side of a large hill. Bathrooms in our area were clean, remodeled, but in an old bathhouse trailer. Showers were also clean, and cost 25 cents. I never have an issue paying for a clean shower. Staff was very friendly. My site was a bit unlevel on the roadside, but was fixed with on plank. I did have to place my unit by using my sewer hose as a guide, as the sewer connection was a bit of a distance away. All in all, I would stay there again if I was to go to both Six Flags and Lake Compounce in the same weekend. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

THE DOC

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $48.00

I read the other reviews but here is my take on this park. If you don't care about your paint your all set. Seems the town, that you must drive through doesn't trim trees wide or high enough for class A's. Not easy to get to. Narrow city streets, cable awful reception, low hanging trees, and we followed their directions! Rough dirt and gravel roads, and very narrow. Grass pull thru, not very level, no pad, Bugs galore. Never told ahead of time that there is an additional fee if you use your air conditioning. That was a surprise at check in. Next surprise, NO 50 amp service in the pull thru, only in back ins, and another additional charge for that! Wifi very weak. Just a weird backwoods kind of place. Seedy looking. Would not recommend or return. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

clw_man

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $46.00

Sodom Mountain is a very nice clean campground. They have a variety of sites available (field, shaded, tent sites etc.). This campground is a simple, no frills campground. We stayed for 2 nights so that we could go to the Big E fair. The campground is near Six Flags and the Easter Exposition Fairgrounds. We would return to this campground if we were in the area and wanted to go back to the fair or to Six Flags. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

Happy Camper X2

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $46.00

Our first time here, but our friends had been there before. Good to use for Six Flags. Our site was large and nice - some sites are smaller. Yes, there is a hill to get in but it is paved and not too bad. The office staff and owners were very nice. Did not collect the $2 AC charge and said to pay on the way out. Ten buck deposit for the gate card like most campgrounds with gates. Visitor policy is fine as long as you tell them upfront what the situation is. No fee for dogs. Pool looked nice, but we did not use it. Close to shopping and activities. There had been rain so they were working on the roads to fix some washouts. Would not have an issue returning here. My son was in a tent and was not too happy with the bathrooms, so he would look elsewhere - said some major upgrading is needed - felt like they where going to fall through the floor. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

jnlo

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $42.00

This park is close to town and easily accessible. This is an older park that appears to be in need of some upgrading but certainly functional. Our stay was in late April and most of the clean up appeared to be done, but still lots of prep on sites. It is not a very big campground and doesn't seem to have much for the kids to do although there is a playground. Great for a quick overnight stop if you need it, but I would look elsewhere for anything long term or holiday weekend. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

Vicki C

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $46.00

Our experience was much less than expected. The park itself was very unkempt & run down. Wi-Fi was almost nil, could not get any TV reception (no cable connection), did not use the bathroom facilities but the ones next to the pool sat on a deck which was leaning badly & looked like it might fall down. The road entering the park was badly in need of grading, it was like driving on a washboard. The nightly rate was $46.00(Very over priced). Unfortunately, this was the only park available in the area. Perhaps this is why they do not want to pour any effort into making this park more attractive. Will never stay here again. If we find ourselves in this area again we will look for something much better, even it requires more travel. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

J59T

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $45.00

My husband booked here even though the reviews weren't that favorable and all turned out to be true. First of all, the road leading in is very steep. Hubby ignored my rule of never booking a place that has mountain in the title. Truck wanted to over heat just getting up the hill. Pay 45 bucks for a site. Pay additional 3 bucks if you use your air conditioner. Pay a refundable 10 bucks for the card to get in the gate. The folks who camped near us paid $3.00 for their dog. Ice comes in 5 lb bags and costs over $2.00. I wouldn't go back. Oh and they posted pictures of the bear on the door of the office as you leave. Didn't tell us about the bear before we checked in. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

tomk

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $35.00

We camped in a large Class A with a tow. The pull-through (?) site we had was difficult to access. The campground was in the process of moving a fence, and asked me for suggestions as to how much room was needed for pull-through sites. I told them they needed more room and they replied that you would need to disconnect before parking. I told them that this should not be designated as pull-through. Wi-Fi works slowly, and only near the office. We travel with well-behaved and mannered dogs, and were charged by unleashed dogs on 3 occasions during our 4-day stay. This would not be my first choice in a campground, but there is nothing else nearby. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

anne72

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $38.00

We spent the weekend here to be close to home yet still enjoy the camper. I did not see one person cleaning the bathhouse or the pool area. As my kids said, the pool water smelled like spoiled milk and it look like it too. I also expected a little more activities for the kids but there was nothing. It seemed like they nickel and dimed you for every little thing, miniature golf, showers and if I wanted to us my A/C in my camper I had to pay an additional nightly fee. Shouldn't that be included in the cost of the site? Sites were pretty close together, I'm not sure this is a campground that our family will return to. We were very disappointed... We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

AlracYam

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $35.00

Very quiet, out of the way campground. It was too cool to enjoy most of the amenities but our trailer was new and we were excited about trying it out. We'll eventually return. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

rod

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $38.00

Like the last reviewer we felt insulted to have to pay a quarter to use the shower trailer. There were only two stalls and one didn't have any hot water. We also had to pay the $5 dog fee and the $10 key card fee. They even tried to charge the dog fee the second night, but I called them on it and they took it off. This campground is located on the side of a mountain and is largely a trailer park for full time residents. They have some transient sites, but are not overly keen to rent them. WiFi wouldn't let me connect even with the pass key. Owner had a second linksys router that I connected to as it was open without security. When we left, it was 8:30 AM and the office wasn't open yet, even though it was listed as open at 8:00. We waited for about 15 minutes but finally had to leave because traffic through Hartford, Ct would get bad. Thought maybe they would send me my $10 key card deposit in the mail. So I left the card in the mail drop slot in the door. I'm still waiting, two months later. I hope they really need the 10 bucks. Maybe I could deduct it as charity. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

whimsee

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $43.00

We camped here for a visit to Six Flags New England. This campground had a variety of sunny, open sites and wooded sites. We were in the wooded area and the sites were large. I think close to half the sites were seasonal. The staff was friendly and answered questions with clear and correct information. The restrooms were clean. Please note: there is a 25cent charge for each five minutes in the shower. I thought this was inappropriate. At these rates the shower should be included. Also, another camper with reservations told me they inquired about entering the campground early and were told they would be assessed an hourly charge. This campground has an automatic gate entry system. Campers must pay $10 CASH (no credit) for the gate entry card. This is refundable upon checkout. There is a $5 dog fee. It's a flat rate; not per night. They have a rule that you have to buy your firewood at the camp store. I made sure to give away our extra wood before we left -- so it wouldn't get resold! The variety of extra charges, especially the pay showers, turned me off. So although this campground had nothing wrong with it, I probably would not return. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Tent Trailer.

titan4angel

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $40.00

This was the first campground we ever stayed at with our pop-up camper. It was Father's Day weekend. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Father's Day breakfast was nice and they had some good activities. The kids enjoyed themselves and were very excited when they got a free game of mini-golf. We are staying there again this year and can't wait to get there. We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Tent Trailer.

BWhite

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $37.00

The entrance road to the park and roads leading to the motor home area have many low branches that scrape the top and side of the motor home. The interior roads to the motor home area have many deep ruts and potholes. The site was large enough but the grass needed to be cut. A nearby stockade fence blocking view, and dump area was collapsing. The sites needed heavy shimming to level as the jacks didn't have the reach. We had 30 Amp service available to us and the voltage was near the low end but didn't trip the surge protector. The electrical receptacle was well worn and didn't grasp the plug's lugs firmly. A two dollar fee to use the A/C was required . The staff was very helpful and friendly. They answered all questions and were very accommodating. There were plenty of events for the children and the pool was well maintained . There are wonderful hiking trails up the mountain including a pond about two thirds the way up . Simple repairs and maintenance would make this campground a nice place to return to . We camped at Sodom Mountain Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sodom Mountain Campgrounds?