Double RR Ranch

Recent Rate: $32 7/2012

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river

Vanroller68

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $32.00

We booked our family vacation here based on their website, which promised so much but delivered so little. Campground smelled of dead, rotting meat. Pool was green but was promised "We're working on it." Electrical boxes worked sporadically. Dog waste from previous campers not cleaned before we arrived. The worst though, is the customer services. Their brochures highlights activities available telling you to get more information at the office. When I inquired at the office the girl snottily said "Did you get a brochure at check-in?" I answered yes but I had questions. She tells me "to go read it again or I suppose I could sit here and recite it for you." When we complained to the manager he admitted to hearing the conversation but he states his hands are tied, the owners are aware but won't change. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to spend your hard earned money and time! We camped at Double RR Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

HobbyTalk

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $32.00

They have many activities that you don't normally see at a campground. These include canoeing & tubing on the Flat River, horseback rides and a 9 hole golf course. Since I stayed on Memorial Day weekend they also had a number of special activities for the kids. Most of the sites are very large and clean with no pads but most sites have a nice grass surface. They have 30/15 amp electric, water, fire pit and picnic table at each site. No Wi-Fi is available but Verizon cell and data service was good. I did the canoe float down the river and an hour horseback ride, both were very enjoyable. While the roads are dirt and a bit bumpy I had no problem with them going the posted 5mph speed limit. Problems I had include there were constant low voltage problems (temps were in the mid 80's and the campground was full) and my Surge Guard shut off at least a dozen times on my 2nd day. While they are located on the Flat River, there is no way to easily access the river upstream so you can float down to the landing stop, you have to take their bus, for a fee, to a drop off point a number of miles away. They could provide a spot upstream that could be walked to if they would just turn the far end campsite into an access point. Quiet time was not enforced with loud parties going on until after midnight. Even though they had a camp store close to the camping area you couldn't make reservations for their activities, you had to drive close about a mile to the main office. The firewood they offered for sale was close to worthless, it just wouldn't burn. As much as I really wanted to like this campground the negatives outweigh the positives. I doubt that I will return We camped at Double RR Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

lowell151

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $31.00

I don't understand the ratings this park is getting. We've camped here for years in an RV and decided to tent it this year. IT IS A WONDERFUL campground. The flat river is perfect for kids to go down. We tubed once and canoed the second day. MY son who loves fishing was very lucky on this river. The horses are wonderful and we went for a ride 3 days in a row. They have nice bike trails and a little BMX track for those interested. The pool was warm and clean. I love the back part where it is wooded. It is bit bumpy, but this is camping - I don't want a lot of cement when I camp - even if I am in an RV! The lots on the river vary in size and some are more conducive to groups. Be sure to ask when reserving. This is one of the most beautiful private campgrounds I have ever been to. Please don't let negative comments keep you away. Also, they have a golf course that we've never played but it looks nice. We camped at Double RR Ranch in a Tent.

2gaycampers

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $31.00

Rough, bumpy, dirt roads make it tough to keep your clean RV clean. But if you don't care about that, then you might give it a higher rating than I did. We camped at Double RR Ranch in a Motorhome.

Goose7

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $30.00

This park is not a family campground. Stay away if you have kids. They do not have security and do not make sure that radios are not turned off by 3:30am. Rowdies and parties on the weekends. Weekdays it was nice and peaceful. Fun going down the river on a tube. Most things in need of repair. Bathrooms could not be used on Sunday morning due to being clogged. Site size was a plus. But that was about it. I will not return and will tell as many people as I can not to. We camped at Double RR Ranch in a Tent.

aMazin

Date of Stay: August, 2005 - $30.00

This is a fun campground to hang out at. There is a 9 hole golf course, horse back riding, hay rides, tubing on the river. It has a lot to offer in this arena. The down side is low branches when driving to your site. The bathrooms are old and dated (but clean). The bathroom stalls have half doors so you can see over them while sitting there (or people can see you). The pool is small and needs a bit of repair. We camped at Double RR Ranch in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Double RR Ranch?