Bewabic State Park

Recent Rate: $20 8/2013

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Water Water no
  • Sewer Sewer no

jmlsrpc

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $20.00

There are very few level sites in this park; you need lots of leveling blocks. There are some 50amp sites available. Can be navigated with a big rig with caution. Bery wooded & hilly campground. Probably would return. Verizon 4g was 5mbps down .6mbps up. We camped at Bewabic State Park in a Motorhome.

fempackfan

Date of Stay: June, 2005 - $17.00

This is a typical state park with lots of trees to give each site privacy. The beach area is large and the kids enjoyed catching many small fish around the lake. Be sure to bring along a 50 foot extension cord as the posts may be far from where you are able to park your rig. We camped at Bewabic State Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Wedonoyet

Date of Stay: July, 2004 - $30.00

If you would like to camp in a rustic wooded lake area or would like an RV site with electrical and other hookups, I suggest continuing east to the Iron River area. Our experience with this park was the campground from 8&!*. My friend and I reserved the campsite on-line and paid months in advance. I arrived in a dealer loaner vehicle (I had just ordered a new car there). The vehicle was loaded with camping gear and boats on top. My friend met me there in his sports car. We intended on using the small car to drive back and forth to the neighboring town for evening class reunion activites. When we checked in we were assessed and additional $48 ($6 per day per car) for daily vehicle fees in addition to the nightly $18 per night camping fee. To reduce the car fees I elected to purchase an annual pass for $25. Then our problems began. After setting up the tent we left in the small car to attend an evening function. We returned late to find a blank ticket on the window advising that because the sticker was not displayed in the proper place we could face a huge fine. (I had simply left the sticker on the top of dash) So I proceeded to tape the sticker to the Right Lower corner of the windshield as requested. The following morning we awoke to find a 20 something park ranger in full uniform demanding I permanently adhere the sticker to the vehicle. I explained the vehicle was not mine and showed him the dealer-plate. I advised I would be happy to adhere the sticker to my own car when I returned home. He became incensed and threatened me with a $100 fine unless I complied immediately. We became incensed and demanded a refund for the annual sticker, paid for a 1 day car sticker instead and demanded a refund for the next 3 days that we had prepaid. He seemed pleased to be losing our business because he smiled and laughed as we left. Unbelievable. We camped at Bewabic State Park in a Tent.

Motorhome Madness

Beautiful park on Fortune Lake. Good swimming lake and quick walk from the campground. Many shaded sites but take a drive around and look at them before you reserve, some are better than others especially for bigger rigs. Nice dump/fill
station for RV's and plenty of water spigots throughout the park for tenters. Very quiet park and very family oriented. Michigan state parks have some of the best rest room/shower houses I have seen! If you are going to stay more then a few nights, get the annual pass for Michigan-will save you money in the long run because you will be back to their parks once you try them. We camped at Bewabic State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Bewabic State Park?