Oak Grove Campground / Resort

• Bike Path(s) Bike Path(s) yes
  • Bike Rentals Bike Rentals yes
  • Hiking Hiking yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $52.00

The park looks nice, with flowers everywhere. The restrooms look nice with nice paintings. The restrooms could be a little bit cleaner.

We had a site at the 'older' part, and roads were narrow to drive, also because people with a fifth wheel had to park their car next to their trailer. Our site was not level at all.

The WiFi was instable, but at the moment it was possible to get on the network, it worked fine.

The pool and the spa were ok.

There was a little petting zoo for the children, and they could buy some food for the pets.

We did not hear anything from the road.

After a night of heavy rain, we woke up from children running, biking and skateboarding in a big puddle that was formed in front of our motorhome. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

Obstacles

Holland is a nice city to visit, as well as the beach in Holland State Park.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $55.00

Registering you are given an access code for your vehicle and rv. It must be used to enter an exit.

The sites are level and paved. But if you are in the premium sites there aren't any fire rings only two community ones. It made no sense. Also avoid sites along the road. Lots of road noise. 118 is nice except for that.

This is my biggest gripe. Friends or family visiting have to pay $3/person, register every time. Oh and no alcohol although I don't know how they police that. Too many rules!

It is nicer in terms of amenities like a pool and hot tub. But even then you have to wear arm bands. Also big sign"no refunds for shortening a stay".

The goats are cute!

It's for sale. Maybe someone nicer will buy it. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $50.00

We stayed here for a week with our family (who own a popup), and we were thrilled with this campground. The security was excellent and we had no concerns with our 10 and 12 year old exploring the property. The sites were tight to get in and out of because of the trees, but not to the point of causing a problem. The campground was spotless and the people in the office always greeted us with a smile. The pool area and hot tub was lovely. Our family enjoyed the community firepits. We have no negatives to say about this campground and I have expressed my dissapointment with other campgrounds when I felt it necessary. Good job Oak Grove. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Bike trail runs in front of campground, and only 1 mile to the state park beach.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $55.00

We love this small park and enjoy it every time we come back. They just seem to keep improving it. The sites are reasonably large but there is nothing separating you from your neighbors. The sites and the roads are all paved and all of them seem to also have a paved patio area as well. There are no fire pits at the site but there is a community fire pit. When we drove up we were impressed that the dirt areas on our site were nicely raked. The WIFI signal though we got Kicked off occasionally and throughput was acceptable. The front desk people were helpful and efficient, though the store was a little sparse. The bathrooms were very nice, clean and nicely decorated. The showers were beautiful with ceramic tile, a small bench and plenty of hooks.water pressure was great and there was plenty of hot water. If you have small kids, then they will enjoy the playground. They also had an Octoball court for all ages. The campground offers great access to paved bike and walking paths that seem to go everywhere in Holland. We are sure to come back. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Downtown Holland offers a variety of shops and restaurants. Windmill Island and Gardens is informative and beautiful. Sunsets at the beach are beautiful with Kirk Park allowing dogs on the beach.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $53.00

Came here the day after labor day. Read the rules so many it is like a military organization. The one rule NO ALCOHOL in bold print was over the top. They charge $3 for each dog and also for each child. We planned on staying 2 days but did not. Came in at 2 pm. and office closed so had to fill out paperwork for late arrival. Really summer is not over. Site was about 45 feet long but no room for toad. Had to park 200 ft. away. Park pretty empty and glad because tight for big rigs. Had to leave message to get WiFi code as nobody around. Lawn pretty sparse and
patio pad set way back too far for motor home. Would not recommend for big rigs or for a good value. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

Nice beaches close by and great local restaurants close.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $50.00

Lots to do in the area. There are a lot of kids even though there is little for them to do there except ride their bikes and skate boards on the streets. The sites are big and the concrete pad is nice. Don't care for their policy of charging for pets, it adds to the already expensive rate. The park is very clean and very friendly. WI FI isn't to bad, depending on the time of day. I would probably stay there again but only for a short time, too expensive to stay for too long. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $50.00

Excellent value, we came in after the office was closed but as lady was turning off lights she welcomed me in to sign in; that's service!! This location is close to everything Holland had to offer, biking from here to the lake and sand dunes. I highly recommend this park We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots to do in Holland.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $50.00

Roads and RV parking spaces are asphalt and will accomodate large rigs. No problems getting in or out (our rig is 31 ft).There is grass and large trees all around sites. Well maintained park. Petting zoo, game areas and playground equipment for kids. The laundry room was clean and had many washers and dryers. There are hiking and biking trails all over. Lake Michigan across the street. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

Holland has a wonderful downtown for dining and shopping.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $48.00

This is my second review of this extremely near and clean park. The first time, we had a smaller camper and stayed in the regular area. We are too big now so we stayed in the premium area. Have their own fire pits, but two community pits were nearby. Sites were very generous in width, with a nice level parking pad. Utility hookups were in great condition and the water had two spigots per site (nice feature, handy for dog rinsing while keeping RV hooked up). Tried the restrooms/showers this time and they are modern and spotless. In ten years of camping, I have never seen such a clean park (there's an older gentleman that appears to rake each site daily). The seasonal sites are very nice trailers, no Sanford & Son units anywhere. While the management seems a bit stern, I prefer that to the "anything goes" campgrounds we encounter on occasion. On the narrowness, bring your patience and use your cell phones/radios with your backing assistant. The sites are 90 degrees to the road and it's a single lane road. Go slowly and you should be able to make it work. If the campground was full, I'm not sure I could have done it with my crew cab pickup with long bed and a 32' trailer. Fortunately, the site across the aisle was open so I could pull in there to help in backing. Once you're on the site, you're minutes from the beach and wonderful sunset over Lake Michigan. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $54.00

In contrast to some of the poor reviews, we had a very pleasant stay. In fact we are still here as I type this. Our greeting upon arrival was very pleasant and professional. We did not experience any of the rude behavior mentioned in some of the older reviews. Interior roads are a bit narrow, but passable. Getting situated in the site is a bit of a challenge for larger units, but again is doable with patience. We had a site in the newer "premium" section. The site is quite large and not crowded by your neighbors. the only real downside is that there is no fire pit on the site. This location is close to everything you might want to do in the Holland area. It is very much a family oriented campground. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $57.00

This is my first review, but felt compelled to write a review on this campground, since we almost did not camp here based on another review. This is an extremely tidy campground close to everything Holland has to offer. It is tight, especially in a larger rig, but it is not difficult to access the sites if you are comfortable maneuvering. As we sit here now, there are 9 motorhomes 40' or greater in length parked with us. The sites are roomy once you get parked, but you may have to park your vehicle on the grass beside your unit. The staff was very accommodating when we pulled in and even offered to put our tow dolly with an ATV on it on our site with their tractor and will position it for us when we leave. The cable is great with a large selection of channels and the WIFI is the best we have encountered in a park. Very nice pool area with a large hot tub. And I must confess that we did have a glass of wine one night and shared a beer on another. We left our dog several times, but if you have a barker when you're gone, they won't like that (and neither do I) If you come to Holland, this is a great place to stay. We stayed 5 nights in a motorhome. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

sse

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $60.00

This is a campground that wins by location, only. It is only 1/4 mile from Lake Michigan, the Holland State Park, and the Holland Channel. It has a nice pool and a nice recreation area, with an indoor game and TV room for guests to use. The hosts, especially the women, are rude. Apparently they don't care, because they assume, that if I'm not there someone else will be. The campground is not big rig friendly. I have heard of numerous accidents and damage to trailers and RV, but nothing changes. They do not escort you to your spot. I have a 45 foot RV. They sent me down an impassable road to an extremely tight RV spot. There was no way I could have made the narrow corner that they sent me toward. The spot I was assigned was so tight that the nose of my RV hung out into the road. When I told them how ridiculously tight my spot was, the lady at the front desk told me I was fine and not to worry about it. It took 5 campers to help the guest across from me park without damaging my RV. So, over the weekend, as each car and camper and kid on a wobbly bicycle went by I worried that they would run into my unit. The campground is a non alcohol campground, but I am sure that drinking goes on, hidden. They charge 5 dollars a person, per day, over 4. I can honestly say that not one nice word was said to me by the staff in the general store, during my 5 or more visits there. In fact I was made to feel as though I was an unwanted interruption. We will not return. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

dka

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $52.00

This is a very nice campground featuring nice amenities for families like a pool, petting zoo, basketball courts, and rental bikes etc. The location is very nice. The showers are the nicest of any park we've stayed in. The premium site was very spacious, and we appreciated not being squeezed into a spot. We would have given this a 10 rating but the following things brought the score down: the speed bumps entering the park are huge and very scary for motorhomes; the wi-fi only works when you are at the laundry area and not in your rig; getting a wrist band to swim during adult swim time is a pain because you have to disturb the camp host unless you don't mind wearing it outside the campground (I wasn't about to wear it to my anniversary dinner at The Piper!); there's a fee for guests to visit; the desk clerk is a grump and unless one of the owners is there to see her at work she is condescending and made us feel very unwelcome. The owners, however, couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. A friendly face behind the counter makes a big difference. We felt the park was a bit pricey, but given the outstanding bath facility, we probably would stay here again for full hookup convenience. It would just be nice to have friendlier help behind the desk. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $58.00

Park is a mixture of permanent sites and overnight sites. However, DO NOT let that taint your view of this campground. The permanent sites are very very, well maintained as weekend resort cottages and are well kept. The overnight section is nicely kept and was easy enough for us to maneuver into our site. The sites aren't too close together, but the road is narrow in front so the issue would be if someone was parked on the adjacent spot in front of their camper it could make maneuvering into your spot more challenging. The campground is a short walk or bike ride (they also rent bikes) away. The only negative is the overnight "premium" sites do not have fire rings. They have "public" fire rings (3-4) for these sites. We had a wonderful time including swimming, fishing, golfing, getting ice cream, and just enjoying the Holland weather. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $54.00

This is definitely NOT a big rig friendly park. The speed bumps are huge and the roads to the "premium" sites are very narrow with very sharp turns. The park was packed full when we arrived on Friday and getting to the site was very difficult. Staff was helpful. Wi-Fi did not come in at all at our site. Cable TV was good. Lots of kids here and very crowded. Couldn't use the pool in the day b/c there were so many kids. They did have lots of activities for the kids. Park was noisy, on main road to heavily used state park. Price way to high for what you get. We would not stay here again. The state park was no better. Not many options around here for big RVs. If you want to relax, this is not the place to come. We camped at Oak Grove Campground / Resort in a Motorhome.

Platte River Campground

Honor, Michigan

Holland State Park

Hidden Ridge RV Resort

Hopkins, Michigan

Are you affiliated with Oak Grove Campground / Resort?