Port Huron KOA

5111 Lapeer Rd.
Kimball, Michigan 48074

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Port Huron KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $55.00

Stayed here only one night on route south. Very pretty and well kept park. Very family oriented. The night we stayed, they closed the park roads for 2 hours for Trick or Treating. Lots of great decorating, lots of happy costumed kids, very festive, and obviously supported and encourage by the park. Very impressive. Didn't get a chance to use any of the facilities during our short stay. We found the nightly rate pricey, but that has been common in our experience of KOAs. Still, if your budget can take it, and especially if you're family camping, we would recommend this park. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $75.00

Excellent CG. We were passing through the area on the way to Canada. Great family atmosphere with plenty of activities for the kids. Sites well maintained. Facilities were clean. Our site was level. We would definitely return again for a longer stay if in the area. We were actually disappointed we had to leave so soon. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $62.00

This is the second time that we have stayed at this park, and we will return. It is very much a full service resort with many facilities and activities for families. As empty nesters, we don't use most of them, but we appreciate that many people do. The park is immaculate, and the seasonal sites are kept neat and tidy. The only issue we encountered were noisy neighbours in the cabins across the road with loud music all day and night. However, after two complaints to the office, they were much better. The office staff were great, and let me use the office for some amazon deliveries. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

This is a large RV park, and there were lots of activities to do on the holiday weekend. It appeared to be completely full (no surprise). Even so, the activity that I attended wasn't unreasonably crowded-we waited approx. 15 minutes for spray tattoos for the kids, which is typical. Despite being full, with lots of kids, it wasn't super noisy and everyone around us honored quiet time. The play equipment was monitored by staff. It was very clean for the most part, but my husband said that two of the men's restrooms were really dirty on Sunday evening. The women's restroom that I used was clean every time I used it, which is why I selected "clean" for the restrooms. They had garbage pickup, they will do a pump out for $8, and they will also deliver firewood. I liked that we were tentatively checked in on arrival by someone who walked out to greet us. That meant that there wasn't a long line (we had to go back to the office to finish the check in, but it was nice to not have to wait on arrival). We arrived later in the evening, so there may have been a line earlier. They check your license plate against your hang tag every time you return to the campground, and you have to turn in your hang tag on the way out, presumably to make sure that no one comes in who doesn't belong there. The double check on the way in takes a an extra minute or so. Our space was barely long enough for our travel trailer and tow vehicle. The roads are somewhat narrow (not wide enough for passing). The sites are pretty close together, but it's not awful. All in all, we had a very nice weekend and I would come back. I would love to reserve a deluxe space with a gazebo; they looked very nice. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Butte street

We went on a river cruise on the Huron Lady II. The cruise lasted about an hour and a half, and it goes under the Blue Water Bridge. It was very nice, and I would do it again. The next time we go, we are going to take a tour of the lighthouse.

Featured Campgrounds Near Port Huron KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $50.00

This place is very big. Imagine in the summer it's very busy. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

Close to 69, good roads in to large RV park. We arrived on a Friday afternoon, stopped at gate and were given instructions to our site. First KOA where we weren't escorted to site. We checked in after we set up, and it was very busy but efficient. Our site was a deluxe pull thru, concrete, long enough to fit our 40' rig and tow without unhooking. We still had to level front and sides. Other sites are grass/gravel. Water pressure was fine. Besides a laundry room by the office, there is a small laundry room on Deadwood row, 1.00 wash and 1.00 dry. Older machines, but they worked fine. Open internet, but didn't work well, constantly timing out quickly. We were able to get satellite with no issues at our site but there are mature trees in the park. Dog park with two sides located by the street hockey field. Never seen a KOA with these many activities for kids - too many to list. We were told that summer & weekends are booked with local families. It was close to full. It's definitely been created for families with kids. It was noisy, and it continued late into the evening with plenty of activity outside. The rig AC helped buffer the sound. There is also distant road and train noise. We were just passing thru, therefore only staying one night. Good for families, too much activity for us. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $65.00

I went to the Port Huron KOA with my husband and 5 of my children. This is not the kind of place I normally take the kids because I am extremely cheap and my family is very noisy. I don't like to be stressed out about them bothering the people around us.The sites here are very close together but I didn't have any problems. Everyone staying here seemed to be noisy too. The people here stayed up late and slept in. It was very busy and we took this trip in September. It was so popular that people were camped out on the sidewalk just to make reservations for the next year.

We stayed in a 2 ROOM CAMPING CABIN (W/O BATHROOM)

I couldn't open the door when I got there. My husband thought it was ridiculous that I didn't know how but I had never stayed in a cabin before. I had to go get help. There was a full size bed in one room and two sets of bunkbeds in the other. It was so nice to not sleep on the ground. The cabin had electricity and an air conditioner. We were in cabin 109. The cabin and campground were very clean. Too clean actually. There were no sticks for starting the fire. I liked that there was a grocery store and fast food nearby. The campground offered free wifi but was really slow and was only good for checking email. The community camping kitchen was a nice touch. It was next to a little playground and you could watch your children while you cooked. I have never seen anything quite like it before. Another great thing was that they deliver firewood to your cabin for you.

There were tons of free planned activities for the kids. My 10 year old daughter and 6 year old son loved the activities. They also had a lot of fun on the blow up pillow and and the water wars (a slingshot for water balloons). Watch our video review https://youtu.be/3ZVme5r_LPU. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Cabin.

My friend paid for this trip so I am unsure about the cost of the cabin

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $50.00

Pick out your site, our site was dirt/mud but other sites next to us were gravel and some were paved. All same hookups. Staff was very nice. Lots for kids to do. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $53.00

Such a big campground and so little restrooms. With so many children, of course restrooms will not be clean. The camp owner should clean them more. This campground is packed with children and there is so much to do for them! If you love this kind of campground, this is your place. You can spend as much money as you want.

WiFi is free and reasonable good.

Sites are concrete, so level.

In the evening the campground looks nice, everybody has put lights everywhere. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $55.00

Best campground we stayed at in a month long trip in July. It was so good we stayed there twice. I wish all campgrounds were this nice. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $53.00

Well set up campground. A child's paradise, activities during the day but at 9:00 all is quiet.

Lots are spacious with some sunny/open and others with some shade. Site surface is grass, featuring a fire ring and picnic table.

Rental golf carts for ease of navigating this large campground, bikes for kids and adults, a pool. I could go on and on but the place is amazing.

One of the best campgrounds I have ever had the pleasure of camping. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Close to town.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $64.00

Bathrooms were nasty. People driving like it was a race track in the park. Some lady going around on a golf cart with a black cowboy hat, picking up people's garbage bags and then going though them. Not cool. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Bring lots of money, like the bank.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $73.00

The park was very nice. It's a family park, thus loaded with tons of kids on bicycles who pay no attention to RVs coming and going. We had a nice spot with a patio, gas grill, and patio furniture. Lots to do for families. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

It you're looking for a quiet atmosphere, this park is not for you. Traveling with kids? There's no place better.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $55.00

Wonderful park, we've stayed there many times. Staff is great, lots to do for the kids and park is clean and well maintained. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $48.00

We stayed here four nights in mid-July. Our stay was enjoyable. The park was fully booked on the weekend. Lots of activities for the kids. They have two swimming pools which we enjoyed though they are on the small side. Lots of amenities. We stayed here in a motorhome. We camped at Port Huron KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Port Huron KOA

Are you affiliated with Port Huron KOA ?