Silver Lake Resort and Campground

Mears, Michigan

Recent Rate: $50 6/2012

Latitude: 43.6761905588656

welfarewagon

Very nice park. Dirt/gravel roads make for a little dust but nothing to complain about. I was quite surprised on how quite it was, this was my first time to Silver Lake and I expected to hear loud engines from the ORV vehicles all day but that never happened. The pool was nice but to small for the amount of people using. We used the laundry room, they need a lot more machines, only 4 washers and dryers, we had to wait and wait for them to open up, our family alone took all 4 machines. Office staff was helpful but lacked any knowledge about park activities over the July 4th week. The Facebook page spoke of all kids of events planned, movies, bike/golf cart parade etc yet nobody on staff knew anything about them. We came home from dinner and sure enough we had missed the events that the staff knew nothing about, my kids were upset. I would stay here again. We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Campfire Girl

One of the cleanest, best maintained parks that I have ever camped in. I highly recommend it! I will definitely be returning. We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Motorhome.

laffman

I had a seasonal campsite here. This was a nice camp. Wi-Fi works throughout campground. Bathrooms are nice. I just had several issues with people who would stay the weekend on the site behind me. Cutting across my site, dogs messy on my site, garbage not picked up. I would go to the office to let management address the issue, but they wouldn't. When I would talk to the people on the site about what they were doing wrong, they would complain and I would get talked to by management. When I pay $2,100 a year for a campsite, I expect to be treated with more respect by management than I was given. The owner would walk between sites at night dressed in black to ensure the seasonals "were obeying the rules and not disturbing the weekend guests". I would have liked to stay the next year due it is location to the dunes, but the owners made me feel too uncomfortable and unwanted. Just a poorly run facility. We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Campingwiththefam

We stayed over Memorial weekend. Seems like a lot of things had been renovated. The bathrooms looked brand new and were very clean, nice playground, nice pool also clean, little pond for kids to catch and release small fish was fun. Sites were decent size, gravel and relatively level, hookups were good. Store and staff were very good. Grounds patrolled at night. Quiet time was enforced strictly, which we love. Only complaint, not the fault of CG is the parade of off road vehicle that come and go through the day. Very loud vehicles and we had to continue to warn the kids to beware of cars, although it is entertaining to watch some of them go by. Also very sandy. We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Motorhome.

Leigh Family

Owners have added free WiFi; open, covered Pavilion, more showers, and laundry. Staff is very friendly, quiet hours after 11PM are enforced, and the campground is only 5 minutes from the dunes. Very family friendly. We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Motorhome.

Leigh Family

This park is nothing like it was five years ago. The new owners have put a lot of work into the park; new sites, pool, bathhouse. The staff is very friendly. We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Motorhome.

CAMPGROUND FANATIC

My family and I just stayed at this park, and I was surprised at the poor review it received. The park was one of the cleanest parks I've ever stayed in. The restrooms were most certainly five star hotel worthy. I've never seen facilities that nice for a park. The park was cleaned by staff day and night not to mention the restrooms and heated pool. Quiet hours were from 11pm to 8am, and it was nice to have a park that enforced this. This is a beautiful park, and I would highly recommend it to family and friends. The area was especially beautiful with lots to do for families. We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

fester500

This is a very poor campground unless you like camping in a parking lot. The staff was rude and if you are trying to have a good time after 7pm good luck. Your small hand held radio must be at level one or two or you will be yelled at by a rude staff member (much rather deal with polite DNR). The staff is much too anal about the rules would never camp here again. The absolute only plus is full hook-ups and price... We camped at Silver Lake Resort and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Silver Lake Resort and Campground?