6 Average

Petersburg, Michigan

6030 Sylvania Petersburg Rd
Petersburg, Michigan 49270

• Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile
  • Central Modem Central Modem yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Lake Lake yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

I have stayed at probably 100 or more campgrounds in my life and have NEVER been treated with such disrespect in my life! RUDE does not even begin to explain how we were treated. From the minute we arrived the lady who works at the front gate treated us like absolute dirt! We were all 100% paid for yet she treated us as if we were sneaking in? We were told that we could only have one car at the camp site. I asked if I could pay for a second car so I could drive back there. NO. But every campsite around us had two cars on their sites? Just wanted to enjoy the weekend! Every single time we went by the gate she would question us. She literally treated us like dirt for 5 days as if we were criminals? Spent four days trying to avoid the gate as much as possible so we could just relax and enjoy our stay. Fast forward to leaving. My husband and I took the truck over to haul our camper home. We stopped and tried to be friendly. Explained to the gate lady that we were simply picking up the camper to take it home. She said that was fine..... and you are coming straight out correct? I said absolutely! We drove back hooked up the camper and headed out. My daughter wanted one family picture at the Pirolli Large chair to document their weekend! We literally pulled over jumped out took a few pictures and the gate lady screams at my husband! " I THOUGHT YOU WERE LEAVING?????" Then my son-in-law gets a phone call after we left asking us to never return because we "lied"one too many times? Then I attempted to call the owner back to explain my situation and try to find out exactly WHAT we lied about? I asked to speak to the owner she said "this is the owner" told me never to return and then hung up on me! Refusing any type of conversation! Obviously they support that behavior with their employees! We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

If you want to be treated nicely as a paying customer....... Do not go here.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

The best campground I've ever been to. The family does so much for their campers. There's a fishing pond and a swimming pond. Lots of things going on put on by the owners. It's our fourth year here. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

This place is great! The sites are well maintained, bathrooms checked regularly during each day, very clean, fantastic activities for kids during the days, the DJ they use is wonderful, the staff friendly and helpful. The seasonal campers are really nice and willing to help out not only each other, but weekenders too. Their swimming area is the best in the area, always sparkling clean and fresh. They have security on site to keep it family friendly. Can't beat it. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Tent.

Other

Always check the board at the store-lots of family activities! Very kid friendly.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $55.00

We had an awesome time camping. There was a lot to do at Pirolli Park because they were having a car show and charity auction that weekend. The staff was friendly as usual, the restrooms were clean, the pizza was delish! Would definitely go back again, love how they have activities every weekend. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Definitely try the pizza, it was wonderful. The staff is very friendly and treat you like family.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $47.00

First impression when entering park is very good. Carryout/deli in office area, driving range and small pond for fishing/swimming. Arriving at our site we were not as impressed. Park is 90% seasonal and the places around us were not cleaned up before they left for season. Beer bottles, and other trash were left beside a tree on our site. Site is a corner lot so was roomy. The park was empty with only a couple seasonal still present. Water pressure is poor, no terrible. They have two pumps but not commercial size. Can't run water in two sinks at once. We used their showers because we couldn't get enough water pressure in ours to get wet. We have stayed in RV resorts with a lot of amenities for the price we paid here. They were told about trash but never came to pick it up. Kept our gray tank closed due to sewer odor. End of season and they haven't had their holding tank cleaned. We will not stay here again. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Closest grocery and restaurants are about 6 miles south in Sylvania, OH.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $48.00

The campground has mostly seasonal sites. The site we were on was terrible - mostly mud, with a few sprouts of grass here and there, and when it rained, the back of the camper, including the jacks, electrical cord, and water hose, were laying in two inches of water. Good thing I didn't need anything out of the back of the camper around that time. There was another site only a few feet behind our camper, too. It looked like most of the other 'transient' sites were on grass, and I don't think they were full, so I'm not sure how we landed on that lousy site. The only thing I liked about the site was that it was shady.

The roads were in good shape, although navigating to our site was bizarre - we had to drive through the site from the side, then back in. It made sense once we saw it, but when they explained it to us in the office, we were scratching our heads. No major problem with the utilities or their location, other than the rainwater issue I mentioned above. We were in site #51 - on the map it looks parallel to the site behind it, but that's not how we were directed to use it - the front of our camper was facing toward the bathhouse.

The office was also a small grocery store/deli, more than the usual campground store affair. There are two lakes - I think you can swim in one and fish in the other. There was also an auction every Saturday night. We didn't try any of these. The wifi worked fine.

A golf cart hit our camper during our stay, so we talked to a lot more people than usual. Everyone we talked to, including the owners, were as nice and helpful as they could be. The owners got the name, address, and insurance information for us and had it ready when we came back to the campground after a day in Detroit and discovered the damage.

Note, all sites are 50 amp only. If you have a 30 amp camper, you need an adapter. They sell them at the store. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $48.00

This old campground is way overpriced. Yes, it is clean, but just a money grab. $45 per storage and the only option is to pay from the 1st to the end of the month with no discount for starting in the middle of month. Owner is old, rude, and a money grabber. What a shame she thinks everyone can afford the outrageous fees; sorry that is not for us. Good roads, all utilities work, close spaces, shaded camp sites. Dirt roads, clean restrooms and showers. General store onsite, with beer, wine, liquor and Lotto along with deli and pizza. Dump stations, swimming pool, fishing pond, golf driving range, and shelter for rent. Over priced: charged extra 10 buck's per night for kids and dogs. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

B4

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $42.00

Very nice & quiet campground. Rate was $42.00 (I think) with Good Sam discount. About 7ish miles from Hwy. 23. Easy roads & good signage. Most residents are seasonal. We had a large pull through spot with plenty of space around us. Nice size pond and children's playground. Office/gift shop has pizza, potato salad, other fresh foods, and a large amount of souvenirs during their open hours. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $36.00

This campground is a well hidden secret! We came across Pirolli Park in our Good Sam's book. It was not a disappointment! It was a very clean and with well kept grassy shaded sites, very friendly and helpful staff, and lots for the kids to do. They had Free crafts, bingo and candy bar bingo plus a free dance with a band in the evening. We didn't even have to cook. Their store had everything and they make the best pizza I ever tasted! We also checked their activity list and decided to come back for the Free pig roast. Overall it was a great campground so don't be afraid to give it a try. You will gave a great time! We will definitely be back in 2014. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $34.00

A good campground for the area. We would return. Restrooms were very clean and recently remodeled, but only 2. Store was very well stocked. Pizza from carryout/store was very good. The carryout/store closes at 9:00 pm, when I showed up at 8:59 and asked for a pizza for the kids they were very accommodating. Sites are well shaded, grassy, average size. A fair amount of permanent campers, they were very friendly. A dog run would be a nice addition. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $55.00

This is a no frills park. Only a few sites have sewer hookups. The camp store had a good selection of grocery items, along with camping items. For the price we paid, I expect full hookups. Sites are grass with plenty of trees. Not a lot for kids to do though there is a swimming lake and a fishing lake. There is only one bathhouse that has two showers. We camped here in a motorhome. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $34.00

Not the friendliest of greeters I have seen. There was no offer to show me where the site was despite not being busy at all. Within 2 minutes of getting to my sites, I was greeted by multiple horse flies and within a half hours tons of mosquitoes. Oh well, that's camping. The site itself was clean and level and offered some shade. The neighbors who were "regulars" stayed up until 1:00 a.m. talking very loudly. The bathroom only had two showers and were in need of updating. The water had a very bad smell and I think I smelled better before the shower. Overall a clean campground, just not a destination I will visit again. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $31.00

Stayed here for a family reunion, they charged the day rate even though we had payed for a camp site. Parking rules seem to apply only to visitors, not long term residents. If you like the feeling of constantly being watched, this is the place for you. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $44.00

The narrow county road leading into the CG is in dire need of repair. The registration process was efficient, but they had us checking out a day earlier than was noted on the reservation so I had to go back and get that straightened out. We stayed here for the Memorial weekend plus Monday night. The holiday daily price was increased by $5. I had to ask for the normal price for Monday night. The CG has all back-in grass/dirt sites. The picnic table at our site was disgusting with paint chipping off and bird droppings. I rather doubt anything had been done to it since last fall. We were in site #53, which was a little longer than most of the sites and had a full hook up. Most sites have just water/electric. The CG is heavily treed so the satellite did not work, but the bat wing worked fine for all of the major local stations. There is a swimming lake, a fishing lake, a driving range and a well stocked store. The laundry room consisted of 2 washers and 2 dryers. Visitors must check in and pay $5 a person. There are many seasonal residents, who ride around in golf carts. Security is good. Unruly people are removed from the premises. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2009 - $33.00

Our family had such a great time. 6 family members camped a weekend, and were greeted immediately at the entrance by the security, who was helpful all weekend.The park is very clean , and the store helpers is friendly with great prices and wonderful pizza.With spacious open fields, our kids rode bikes, played ball, volleyball, and they have 2 playground areas for our smaller kids.When night came it was quiet at 11pm!Although we stayed up until 4am visiting with each other that we hadn't seen in 2 years. We definitely will return next year, the prices are lower than the surrounding campgrounds. We camped at Pirolli Park Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Sterling State Park

Monroe, Michigan

Harbortown RV Resort

Monroe, Michigan

KC Campground

Milan, Michigan

Are you affiliated with Pirolli Park Campground ?